Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

On 5/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, badrouter said:

I've said it before, but Armwood is a team that may win 7A north this year. Have to see about Lakeland's leadership this year with a soph QB before being confident about them.

So Armwood vs North Gwinnett will be a solid OOS matchup... 

Just for the sake of it... CalPreps has it FL #7 vs. GA #9 , so it should be a solid game.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Kalven said:

As a national measuring stick, this is TX biggest game. DV better perform. A single possession win doesn't really do much if IMG & MD blows SJC out after.

You have to keep a close eye on that schedule... 

Mater Dei gets them last of the OOS teams, SJC could be a bloody mess by then after having played Southridge, DFB, @ SJP, @ DV, & IMG. Itll be interesting to see how SJC holds up against that physically... They dont strike me as a team with a ton of depth... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

How about the rest of the state? I know Harrisburg returns most of its OL and a few quick skill players.

After Prep at the 6A level you should see Pitt Central Catholic make some noise after being quiet for a few seasons.  They have some SIZE on the line and at TE (the Allen brothers esp).  Their running back is small but fast as hell and tough.  Might only end up at D2 school due to size though.  Their QB is a good one, small but tough/thick (kind of like a Tater Tot Martell type).  They have a very good receiver that is only a soph and a few others I am sure.  this might be their best team in a while.  Transfer season just began in PA so we'll know more at the end of July,

Penn Hills will be loaded again as well.  they have some nice athletes coming back from a state title contender last season.

Harrisburg always tough but just so undisciplined.  Will make their noise but probably get beat by your more disciplined team later in the season.  Last year they got lucky a few times but hey luck is part of it.  I like their shot but again they need to hold it together.

Coatesville will be another good one at the 6A level.  Awesome quarterback and size on the line.  Always have good athletes and its a big school so depth will be in their favor again.

North Penn another 6A school to keep an eye on, they have some playmakers and their staff is always ready to go.  This could be their year as well, well at least until they play Prep.

At the lower classes; 

Erie Prep will recruit the hell out of NW PA and NE Ohio and Western part of up-state NY for their players so they'll be decent again.  Ihop Charter has a ton of athletes again but lack of discipline, parole and probation violations. drug stings,  and the likes will once again pick apart that team.  They always look good early because they are loaded with athletes but usually run into trouble later in playoffs against your disciplined teams.  Aliquippa and Southern Columbia will also probably each be 15-0 when they meet in Hershey again.  Will be a good season within the state.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Mater Dei gets them last of the OOS teams, SJC could be a bloody mess by then after having played Southridge, DFB, @ SJP, @ DV, & IMG. Itll be interesting to see how SJC holds up against that physically... They dont strike me as a team with a ton of depth... 

Excuse Thread Material.

The Stache isn't playing cupcakes either leading up to that game.

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I myself think they are biting off more than they can chew.... Southridge and Deerfield is no cake either. For SJC sake SFA would be a hard game for MD prior to their showdown.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Rainer Beach was popping off.  Told the Stache he was weak.  Said if they came to Washington, Rainer would shove two of the three stripes up where the sun don't shine. 

It’s a home game for Rainer, so the part about the sun don’t shine might be accurate, but otherwise that matchup looks like a potential case of child abuse

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It’s a home game for Rainer, so the part about the sun don’t shine might be accurate, but otherwise that matchup looks like a potential case of child abuse

I hope this is just a vicious rumor? Don’t dump a quality team like Cen10 for a middle-tier WA team. If MD is going to travel up the coast at least take on a legit WA contender. Eastside Cath, O’Dea, or Union. Please tell me this isn’t true! 

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

Ha!!!... The good news for the “Children” of Rainer Beach is that the MD website still shows AZ CC....🤣🤣

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Rainer Beach was popping off.  Told the Stache he was weak.  Said if they came to Washington, Rainer would shove two of the three stripes up where the sun don't shine. 

This schedule just went from pretty good to above average quick. Rainer couldn't beat MD's freshmen squad.

2 hours ago, Kalven said:

Not sure about the pre transfer rule being applied here but Calabasas is a def an under the radar team to look out for. The best 1-2 punch WRs in Cali.

It’s really hard for the LACal public’s to field sufficiently balanced teams to make enough noise.  

1 hour ago, Kalven said:

Going out on a limb, Calabasas end this season a top 10 Cali team.

So here’s a question.  Lets say they finish out @#9 in the new playoff format and compete in the 16 team bracket.  Then they proceed to win that lower bracket and win the D1 AA title game.  How do you rank them relative to the 8 teams that made the higher bracket?