17 hours ago, WCACguy said:

vastly overrated Bingham (18th) and unimpressive Lee County (67th). Finally will find out how good they really are.

Still two solid teams and they destroyed both of them. We already know SFA is good, now we’ll find out how good. I just hope the IMG game doesn’t get cancelled again. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Still two solid teams and they destroyed both of them. We already know SFA is good, now we’ll find out how good. I just hope the IMG game doesn’t get cancelled again. 

Unfortunately the SFA-IMG games always fall when Hurricane season is at its climax... 

It needs to be no later than week 2 or 3... 

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gotta do what you gotta do when the MIAA and WCAC teams refuse to play them. 

At least GC will scrimmage them 

• Like 1

GSB,

Simeon lost their 4star QB Delante Brown .......they return 3 huge OL......6`5...375.....6`4...290.....6`6 280....WR...RB...and 4-5 on DF. They are always loaded with speed.....Athletes and are well-coached and disciplined. I think that SFA is a bit too much for them....it should be a 3 TD win for SFA....but we will see.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Unfortunately the SFA-IMG games always fall when Hurricane season is at its climax... 

It needs to be no later than week 2 or 3... 

Last year it was over money and IMG replaced SFA with Liberty

• Like 1

If anyone is wondering how much attention SFA is getting around Baltimore, their schedule has been out since late Monday and there has yet to be one post on the Baltimore HS sports forum about it. As in, no one has even posted their schedule on the board.

Quite a few posts about McDonogh beating Gilman in the last game of the season in a win and in game to make the MIAA A lacrosse playoffs though.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

If anyone is wondering how much attention SFA is getting around Baltimore, their schedule has been out since late Monday and there has yet to be one post on the Baltimore HS sports forum about it. As in, no one has even posted their schedule on the board.

Quite a few posts about McDonogh beating Gilman in the last game of the season in a win and in game to make the MIAA A lacrosse playoffs though.

Have you checked the message boards in Philly and Richmond and Florida and France, etc?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Last year it was over money and IMG replaced SFA with Liberty

Correct...it's the IMG-SJC game that hurricanes have cancelled the past two years (along with IMG having MD the following week last year...lol).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DMV said:

At least GC will scrimmage them 

Did the entire GC team get on the bus after the scrimmage or did any immediately move into the football dorm?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Is SFA still banned from their local post season playoffs? 

SFA is independent.. like IMG not eligible for any play-offs in Maryland

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eaglesinsider said:

http://forum.foot-national.com/

Need to brush up on my French but I'm pretty sure SFA (or ASF as the French would say) is all they're talking about on this French forum.

“bla bla cafe” sounds like an interesting thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Have you checked the message boards in Philly and Richmond and Florida and France, etc?

The Royalty Institute fan forum is tough to find because they rented space on an indoor soccer forum but it is on fire!

• Haha 3

I should add that there hasn't been a single article written about the SFA schedule either. I don't think the Baltimore Sun has written a story about SFA period since Biff's mouthpiece Kathy Dunn was bought out in the last round of layoffs. 

The one dedicated HS sports site in metro Baltimore, Varsity Sports Network, hasn't said a word about SFA since their final postseason honors came out in February. 

5 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-jalon-jones-accused-sexual-battery-20190502-story.html

Florida freshman, former St. Frances QB Jalon Jones accused of sexual battery

Let's not spread fake news here. He graduated from his hometown Henrico HS, in Richmond, VA. Was a model student-athlete while at SFA. Public schools bring out the worse in kids ;) 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:02 PM, MA Fan said:

NEPSAC school, well-known for basketball but they've only had football for a few years. Had a lot of on-paper talent last year but got destroyed by SFA (and Choate). Coach left for Loomis-Chaffee so who knows what they'll be like this year.

Loomis and Hotchkiss........

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Let's not spread fake news here. He graduated from his hometown Henrico HS, in Richmond, VA. Was a model student-athlete while at SFA. Public schools bring out the worse in kids ;) 

Not fake news its the Baltimore Sun and its their headline.  Actually the Baltimore Sun has been quite kind to Poggi and SFA well I should say reporter Katherine Dunn was before she was let go or um took a buyout to leave

Jalon Jones is also the son of  Richmond  city  councilman Michael Jones

42 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Not fake news its the Baltimore Sun and its their headline.  Actually the Baltimore Sun has been quite kind to Poggi and SFA well I should say reporter Katherine Dunn was before she was let go or um took a buyout to leave

According to the link you provided, the kid played his freshman and sophomore years at a high school in Richmond, spent his junior year at St. Frances, and then returned to the Richmond high school for his senior year. I would think the large type should read "...former Henrico QB...", but that wouldn't get as many clicks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

According to the link you provided, the kid played his freshman and sophomore years at a high school in Richmond, spent his junior year at St. Frances, and then returned to the Richmond high school for his senior year. I would think the large type should read "...former Henrico QB...", but that wouldn't get as many clicks.

well of course at least not in Baltimore. If you google him the headlines are different in Florida as they are different in Richmond

3 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Wait this young man isn't a poor homeless kid from Baltimore?  

• Haha 3