USAToday way too early rankings

eddiev

32 minutes ago, WCACFan said:

Marietta's record last year was 5-6.  How could they be ranked so high this year?

Talent and potential.....which is why they were ranked high last year. If we're being honest, I feel like they woulda lived up to the hype last season if it weren't for the injuries and transfer situation. As far as this year, those guys who were ruled ineligible are good to go, so the talent is there. Just gotta stay healthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

Waa waa waa...now you know what everybody is paying in tuition? How much are they paying at the public schools? 😥😥😥

Incredible amount of free tuition at the Publics 

dirty little secret they don’t like to acknowledge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

The team will return four-stars including safety Jeremiah Criddell...”

🤣🤣🤣

Lol. USAT is a joke and has zero credibility if they say something like this. This is the same group that dropped MD in the ranking after they beat Bosco for the championship

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

1. NS

2. SJB

3. STA

4. MD

5. SJC

6. DV

7. SFA

8. IMG

9. MAR

10. NAR

11. PCC

12. MC

13. SL

14. PICK

15. EC

16. GZ

17. SAG

18. BG

19. ALEDO

20. GRAY

21. SJP

22. AH

23. SLC

24. DMC

25. MLK

Listed for simplicity-sake. 

Yeah, this will definitely change in August. I think the only reason USAT has North Shore #1 now is because they know they should have had them as MNC last season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Aledo?

Well, IMO the only Texas teams that should be preseason top 25 are duncanville and north shore.  The rest are nationally relevant but not this high to include Aledo.  (Aledo has very talented skill guys though:  4**** RB, 2 x 4**** WRs) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Rufus, I didn't see Colquitt listed. 

Are the Packers gonna be poor and undersized again this year?

Amigo...all I'll say is...currently...none of our O-Line nor our D-Line fellers are big enough to participate in the adult rides at the fair.

Oh Woe Is Us....

Now that being said....HawgGoneIt, 94Packer, CCBLACKHATTER, Ron169, Woodchopper and MANY of their friends have a PLAN to add a tad...of weight and strength to our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.  I do like the direction we're headed.

As far as Colquitt not being listed in the All Knowing USAToday Top 25....well, we'll just hafta suffer them "slings and arrows".  I would like to get a shoutout for being Top 25 in Georgia...but...it ain't Christmas nor my birthday so there's no rest for the weary.  BUT....

WE COMING.....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Well, IMO the only Texas teams that should be preseason top 25 are duncanville and north shore.  The rest are nationally relevant but not this high to include Aledo.  (Aledo has very talented skill guys though:  4**** RB, 2 x 4**** WRs) 

I questioned based on what you all tell us on here...because they’re 5a.

15 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

The team will return four-stars including safety Jeremiah Criddell...”

🤣🤣🤣

Also,

"After dismantling Mater Dei in the regular season last year, St. John Bosco couldn’t hold them off in the Trinity League championship game. If they had, there’s a chance the Braves could have ended 2018 at the top of the Super 25."

LMAO

So USA Today renamed the CIF D1 Playoffs. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Extremely excited to see SJC at DV.

I only wish the game was played at the star in frisco (indoor).  Weather here is terrible that time of year with storms and lightning.  Hopefully there will be no delays or cancellations 

51 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Right, bc we all know those Cali kids with those high ratings are just lighting it up at those Cali colleges...oh wait...

Lol 😂 

You see that’s the problem 

the high rated Cali kids don’t go to California schools for the most part

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Right, bc we all know those Cali kids with those high ratings are just lighting it up at those Cali colleges...oh wait...

Lol 😂 

Because they only go to CA schools, right? Plus, your state probably only has 1-2 D1 colleges. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763032-ranking-the-10-states-with-the-most-talent-in-college-football-right-now#slide1

Just now, bigrobstercraws said:

did I say they only go to CA schools?  With all that talent in CA you'd think the PAC12 would be better than what it is.   

And who is #1 on your link? Who has had back to back heisman winners and #1 draft choices?

16 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

image.png.5b5585a925eaff4467366338ae443e4e.png

CA kids make up the majority of CA college rosters in the pac12.  And those colleges are pretty bad right now.  

Speaking of CA kids here is the write up on Bru McCoy in UTs springs game:    

"...McCoy was pretty quiet for the most part on Saturday and there weren't many explosive plays. He caught just three passes for 16 yards."

lol