USAToday way too early rankings

eddiev

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont think Grayson belongs on that list either.

They just lost one of the most talented classes in Georgia state history (from a single school), and are breaking in another new Head Coach.

Grayson always belongs on that list.

ALWAYS !!!!!

Rufus>>

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Who do you think from GA belongs? 

You could argue Marietta should be there, I just dont think they should be as high as #9 until they prove they are better than last year. 

I think 3 more teams have the potential to get there... Im not saying they all should be right now. But Colquitt, Hillgrove, & Milton would be 3 to watch. MAYBE Lowndes or Lee Co. at some point.

At this moment, I might put Marietta in the 20-25 range and no one else from GA in the Top 25 YET. The reason for that is I need to see something from those other teams first... Theres so many questions right now.

Can Milton remain the same after losing that QB that carried the team, plus ALL of their skill players? Their HC has them rolling, but this may be a down team from last year.

Colquitt is loaded... But they've had a drama filled offseason and have a new HC that isnt Rush Propst. How will they do in his 1st year?

Hillgrove was one of the more underappreciated teams in America last year. Can they build off of last year? Or will they return to their norm of being a top 15-25 GA team annually?

Lowndes... Idk, we'll see.

Lee... Theyve been getting better & better every year. If that continues theyll run over 6A for a while.

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How come Marietta is so high? Over rated?

i dont even See Marietta winning 7a

Potential.

By far the most talented team in GA this season. Atleast D1 prospect wise.

Almost everyone came back... The only real loss was 4* WR Ramel Keyton (Tenn. Commit). They gained some great experience last year...all those players have been playing with each other for a while now. And they got back 2 of their best defensive players after they were suspended last year.

If they reach their potential, they'll win 7A. But they haven't done that the last 2 years, so we'll see what happens now that all their talent are seniors and more mature.

Mariettas Senior D1 prospects...

5* TE/ATH Arik Gilbert - #1 ATH, #10 Overall

4* QB Harrison Bailey - #5 Pro QB, #108 Overall ; Tennessee Commit

4* WDE BJ Ojulari - #10 WDE, #192 Overall 

4* OT Jake Wray - #28 OT, #312 Overall

3* S Rashad Torrence II - #28 S, #399 Overall ; Florida Commit

3* RB Kimani Vidal - #62 RB, #890 Overall

3* WR Taji Johnson - #164 WR, #991 Overall

3* WR Kobe Stewart - #168 WR, #1007 Overall

3* CB Dawson Ellington - #87 CB, #1073 Overall

3* ILB Kiersten Lee - #75 ILB, #1963 Overall

On 5/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, Rufus69 said:

Amigo...all I'll say is...currently...none of our O-Line nor our D-Line fellers are big enough to participate in the adult rides at the fair.

Oh Woe Is Us....

Now that being said....HawgGoneIt, 94Packer, CCBLACKHATTER, Ron169, Woodchopper and MANY of their friends have a PLAN to add a tad...of weight and strength to our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.  I do like the direction we're headed.

As far as Colquitt not being listed in the All Knowing USAToday Top 25....well, we'll just hafta suffer them "slings and arrows".  I would like to get a shoutout for being Top 25 in Georgia...but...it ain't Christmas nor my birthday so there's no rest for the weary.  BUT....

WE COMING.....(Smile).

Rufus>>

Extremely disappointed you’d plagiarize Coach O with that last line. 

You're better than this Rufus. 

🙏 

On 5/10/2019 at 1:50 PM, Tdevils16 said:

Got hurt before halftime against Hillgrove, game was a 24-21 shootout before he was injured,WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee) also was out for that game. GC game they were down 6 other starters.  

Not correct. GC game Marietta was down nine starters. But that’s football. Next man up.

The freshmen got a lot of playing time and that should bode well for depth this season. The biggest concern is the OL and DL. Still not big, but a lot stronger.

Skill positionwise, Marietta is as strong as anybody. Should be a fun season. All anybody wants for their kids is a healthy year played to their potential and let the chips fall.

If your best isn’t good enough there’s no shame in that. 

On 5/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, Horsefly said:

did I say they only go to CA schools?  With all that talent in CA you'd think the PAC12 would be better than what it is.   

And who is #1 on your link? Who has had back to back heisman winners and #1 draft choices?

Pac 12 being shit has nothing to do with a lack of talent in California. Stupid surface level argument. Rewatch last years Super Bowl & take note of how many Cali born players played in that game. Right now the NFL has more California-born players on a roster than any state. Washington had more NFL draft picks than any SEC school besides Bama this year & USC is still very prevalent with 32 NFL players on a roster. Also the Pac 12 had almost 100 more NFL players on a roster last year than the Big 12 had.....

It has everything to do with talent not being developed because West Coast universities are unwilling to make the investments that the Southern Schools have made to build winning programs. Look at the average facility in the SEC vs the PAC 12. Look at the average salary of SEC position coaches & coordinators vs the PAC 12. Look at how many people on payroll in an SEC recruiting office vs a Pac 12 recruiting office. Before Larry Scott took office in 2010, the Pac 12 was on par with any conference in the country from the top down. 

Washington & Oregon will be a top 10 teams for the next 5+ years, calling it now. 

& USC is 1 Urban Meyer-like hire away from being the scariest program in the country. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, Horsefly said:

CA kids make up the majority of CA college rosters in the pac12.  And those colleges are pretty bad right now.  

Speaking of CA kids here is the write up on Bru McCoy in UTs springs game:    

"...McCoy was pretty quiet for the most part on Saturday and there weren't many explosive plays. He caught just three passes for 16 yards."

lol 

McCoy has lived up to his five-star hype during his first spring playing college football, and garnered a lot of positive remarks from both the coaching staff and the players who have been around him every day since he enrolled at Texas in late January.

“He runs great routes, he’s explosive and he has great hands,” Ehlinger said of McCoy. “He can do everything.”

You know damn well that Bru McCoy will be an absolute stud for UT. The Cali to Texas pipeline has only been beneficial for you guys & you should be thankful.

You guys have a good chance of getting Flowe out of SoCal who will be the most talented player on your roster since Vince Young. Don't get why your trashing Cali....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Pac 12 being shit has nothing to do with a lack of talent in California. Stupid surface level argument. Rewatch last years Super Bowl & take note of how many Cali born players played in that game. Right now the NFL has more California-born players on a roster than any state. Washington had more NFL draft picks than any SEC school besides Bama this year & USC is still very prevalent with 32 NFL players on a roster. Also the Pac 12 had almost 100 more NFL players on a roster last year than the Big 12 had.....

It has everything to do with talent not being developed because West Coast universities are unwilling to make the investments that the Southern Schools have made to build winning programs. Look at the average facility in the SEC vs the PAC 12. Look at the average salary of SEC position coaches & coordinators vs the PAC 12. Look at how many people on payroll in an SEC recruiting office vs a Pac 12 recruiting office. Before Larry Scott took office in 2010, the Pac 12 was on par with any conference in the country from the top down. 

Washington & Oregon will be a top 10 teams for the next 5+ years, calling it now. 

& USC is 1 Urban Meyer-like hire away from being the scariest program in the country. 

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2017/09/florida_georgia_lead_new_ranki.html

Oh really?

And this is with CA being far more populated too

And before you assume this is thanks to IMG this was prior to any IMG player being drafted as the 2017 draft was the first year IMG actually had someone drafted

They haven't had that many since (I think 2 in past 2 drafts)

FL would lead without even needing to count IMG, heck FL had more than any state with just the 3 SFL counties during this past draft

15 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Were talking HS kids actually, and as you say if PAC12  schools arent developing athletes, then that means they aren’t arriving developed which was my point on star ratings.  They aren’t the end all be all of evaluating HS talent and teams.

Just now, Horsefly said:

Were talking HS kids actually, and as you say if PAC12  schools arent developing athletes, then that means they aren’t arriving developed which was my point on star ratings.  They aren’t the end all be all of evaluating HS talent and teams.

Just ask STA

They have more D1 players than IMG but have lost to 2 publics in 7a playoffs which many so called experts on here claimed was a weak class

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

For California having such a huge population advantage it's crazy how thin the margin is over FL

And Texas for that matter trailing FL when TX resources are far blown ahead of FL

I'm not sitting here trashing Florida or Texas talent. Clearly the sport is bigger down South. I'd be dumb not to admit that.

It's just ignorance to call out California talent based on the performance of the Pac12. Hence my argument. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

For California having such a huge population advantage it's crazy how thin the margin is over FL

And Texas for that matter trailing FL when TX resources are far blown ahead of FL

Also I don't think that article tells the whole picture.

Yes, per capita the South should dominate the NFL.

But take into account that HSFB is much bigger down South, so you will probably see a higher percentage of HS students play football compared to Cali. 

Also the the Asian & Latino population is huge in California & they traditionally don't play football in high numbers.

Not saying Florida/the South wouldn't still be at the top, but that doesn't tell the whole story with Cali 

• Like 1