It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes.......But, I do hope DLS can beat STA....If they watch the films of the times Bosco, with far less than stellar teams, beat STA twice and held them  to 8 pts per game, they might do the same with a much better team than Bosco had......😎😎😎

STA was quite generous the first game in Fla between you two. They definitely should have beaten Bosco that game. The second game at west point Bosco just kicked ass. And that was a pretty good STA team

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes.......But, I do hope DLS can beat STA....If they watch the films of the times Bosco, with far less than stellar teams, beat STA twice and held them  to 8 pts per game, they might do the same with a much better team than Bosco had......😎😎😎

Those games were fun to watch, gotta love some lunch pale kids taking down all of those stars!

• Like 1

I cannot wait for this game! 

DLS will not be coming to the fight empty handed. Hale is going to break out this year. I personally think he’ll be maybe Tate Martell good when it’s all said and done (bold statement, I know). In the ballpark at least.

Top 3 RBs return plus Berry coming up from JV. The DL will be stout at 240 on the ends with 280 at the tackles. Loaded in the secondary with Garrett being the leader. TEs will be strong as usual. Receivers will be deep as well. Hearns will breakout this year and Daley’s already a stud he just had a great showing at the Nike Opening. DLS will be throwing...a lot... this year. 

That said, this will all come down to line play as usual. STA, who will be loaded everywhere themselves, will give DLS hell. DLS will have solid starters, but I’m not sure how deep they’ll be on both sides. Huge advantage STA. But TBH , I’m most worried about the LB corps after all 3 starters, plus the SS, all graduated. If I was STA, I’d run nonstop until proven otherwise. 

I’m just jacked that STA is coming to the double-O. BIG Thanks to STA and all who made this game happen. 😎👊💪

• Like 2

Just now, 954gator said:

Entirely possible I guess.

Not gonna happen, Capn’. STA should control the LOS and clock. That in itself will keep the game close at worst for STA. If Sparty pulls this out, it’ll be by 7 maybe. I can see this kinda like their game against MD in the Open...not a lot along the lines initially, but they’ll hit some big plays. Will it be enough is the question. And both teams gotta limit TOs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Not gonna happen, Capn’. STA should control the LOS and clock. That in itself will keep the game close at worst for STA. If Sparty pulls this out, it’ll be by 7 maybe. I can see this kinda like their game against MD in the Open...not a lot along the lines initially, but they’ll hit some big plays. Will it be enough is the question. And both teams gotta limit TOs. 

All I'm saying is I'm just not as confident about STA like I used to be in the Smith era.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

STA won the LOS vs Bosco too, but just couldn't make a play on O.   

• Like 1

Just now, 954gator said:

All I'm saying is I'm just not as confident about STA like I used to be in the Smith era.   

I hear ya, my man. STA certainly isn’t what they were under Smith. But they’ll still have the jimmys and joes to rep Florida well. NorCal will be impressed for sure. 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

STA won the LOS vs Bosco too, but just couldn't make a play on O.   

DLS won’t have Bosco’s D. As I said in another post, STA just needs to keep it simple at first and make DLS stop em in the ground. Not sure if they’ll be able to do that for an entire game. STA’s depth and athleticism should prevail in the end. But I anticipate a good game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

I hear ya, my man. STA certainly isn’t what they were under Smith. But they’ll still have the jimmys and joes to rep Florida well. NorCal will be impressed for sure. 👍

Don't get me wrong STA can play with anyone.  Including teams maybe DLS might struggle with, but they can also lose a game vs a team they have no business losing too.   

• Like 3

If I had to bet on it I'd say STA, I'm not going to sandbag there, but it wouldn't surprise me if DLS won at home.    I said the same thing about Dematha last year as I just had no idea.    Then I thought STA would shut down Central's run game lol.   

It's just hard to predict these first games of the season without seeing how the QB is or even knowing who the QB is going to be etc.   

• Like 5

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

If I had to bet on it I'd say STA, I'm not going to sandbag there, but it wouldn't surprise me if DLS won at home.    I said the same thing about Dematha last year as I just had no idea.    Then I thought STA would shut down Central's run game lol.   

It's just hard to predict these first games of the season without seeing how the QB is or even knowing who the QB is going to be etc.   

Didn't know STA has questions at the QB position