It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

12 hours ago, The Guru said:

He was 6'2" 210 lbs. Good athlete and captain at top program.

De La Salle's staff couldn't place him on an FBS roster anywhere in America.

This counters Pops' claim that DLS has a bunch of 5'9" slapdicks who can't get looks becuase of measurables.

It's obvious Guru, you really don't understand the difference between H.S. and college. Most of these players who get offers have to settle for something less. An offer can be conditional, or pulled at college's discretion . Just because a player draws some interest does not make it reality. College's love to hedge their bets and just throw out offers. That all gets whittled  away in the end.  A lot of these players will never make it at the next level regardless. The smart ones know this and want the tuition free education, as well as the experience of playing. Sitting on a bench at a major d-1 can be unrewarding, never seeing the field and putting all that time into practices, meetings, etc. This is true for b-ball also. This is why you see players jumping from one college to the next. In the big picture, how many of them will go pro ? Very, very few. Unlike B-ball, there is no European league to continue on . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

What are you suggesting?

If I can't pretend that there are rational human beings of good will lurking around this forum, then there would be no pleasure in posting here. 

I don't mind LOS, since I think he's an angry little man who comes here to vent his frustrations at life. Here, he can call people stupid with impunity, which he can't do in real life, because he's too scared. And that makes him feel even worse about himself, that he can't be LOS in real life. He can't express all his retarded bravado. In real life, he has no voice and no power, no one to talk down to. It's good that he gets to come here and play at being someone for a little while, because it's harmless and it probably keeps him from acting out in other, more serous ways. 

I wasn’t ‘suggesting’ anything.  I thought I was pretty clear.

And yes, of course there are rational people of good will here, many of them.

Screen-name-of-the-day 🐥just isn’t one of them.

I applaud your sacrifice in offering him free, online therapy.  You’re a more noble being than I.

Since he’s never looking for a logical argument, I think it’s a waste of time and keystrokes to engage with him.

The only thing mildly interesting about it is seeing how many different ways he can insult someone in a single thread.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

What are you suggesting?

If I can't pretend that there are rational human beings of good will lurking around this forum, then there would be no pleasure in posting here. 

I don't mind LOS, since I think he's an angry little man who comes here to vent his frustrations at life. Here, he can call people stupid with impunity, which he can't do in real life, because he's too scared. And that makes him feel even worse about himself, that he can't be LOS in real life. He can't express all his retarded bravado. In real life, he has no voice and no power, no one to talk down to. It's good that he gets to come here and play at being someone for a little while, because it's harmless and it probably keeps him from acting out in other, more serous ways. 

Los isn't tough enough to be a physical threat to anyone

He would say something to wrong person and get knocked out in one punch 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

I wasn’t ‘suggesting’ anything.  I thought I was pretty clear.

And yes, of course there are rational people of good will here, many of them.

Screen-name-of-the-day 🐥just isn’t one of them.

[...]

Yeah, I know. But often a reply is for the edification and pleasure of others. A reply to LOS is rarely for LOS. 

14 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'm guessing those recruiters are busy going to camps and 7v7s?       I'm telling you these guys are lazy now.   

That may be. But you haven't put in much work to figure out that DLS typically has a few guys who could play college ball who don't receive offers, have you? I gotta think that there's a lot of time between those camps and those passing leagues to look for players. And most of DLS's games are streamed and a lot of them are archived. But maybe they are just that lazy. 

21 hours ago, Pops said:

That was you?!!  I remember that vaguely (not meeting but your report)

as you’ll recall, DLS would have lost if bellarmine succeeded with a PAT in first OT

what you’re not quite right about us that being the first time DLS has almost lost in Norcal — couple of examples:

1). 2008 — DLS was attempting a tying XP vs Serra with a couple of minutes left, fumbled the snap, and ran it in for 2 pt conversion 

2). 2009 — (your year), DLS trailed (one by 7, one by 11) or was tied at half bs first 3 Norcal opponents they played 

3). 2010 — California hs appeared to have recovered an onside kick, down 6, with a ton of momentum (they were down 19 at half) — alas, they were offsides 

It’s happened more than you think for a team that hasn’t lost in Norcal since ‘91

2011 was actually a pretty good DLS team, but they were scuffling early, as you noted.  Not to incite accusations of excuses, but they lost both projected RBs in off-season (1 Pac12 offered kid to injury and another that sophomore all-state to discipline — the kid with the 2nd most carries, and 2 of the fumbles, hadn’t even practiced with first team prior to trip — but did score a perfect MCAT a couple of years ago) and their QB (who would later start at Wisconsin) was injured and clearly not himself.  Nonetheless, at the time, that was imho, the best DLS team that had ever been beaten (which has only been exceeded now by Trinity (TX) beating the ‘15 team (and possibly SJB in ‘13 although I’d take ‘11 over ‘13)

Yup, I was the dude from Florida commenting on whatever board it was at the time. I kind of tried to run into someone who was there but it seemed like a pain, so I went back over to the Bells side lol. All things considered, that game was the one vs. a Bay area team that had folks REALLY scared. The first half of the Folsom game this past year had me feeling similarly as I did that night, though DLS pulled away more vs. Folsom than against Bellarmine. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Guru said:

badrouter is another fan of a program that sucks at getting their kids into college.

Lakeland has probably had more non-qualifiers and jailed former players than any program in history.

But, hey, they're 6-2 against STA and can rub their faces in it! That's what life is all about!

Indeed, life, as it pertains to me typing up posts on a HS football message board with you around, IS all about Lakeland beating STA. 😂

All I have to do to push your buttons and cause a mild explosion is just state objective facts like the 6-2 record. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

That may be. But you haven't put in much work to figure out that DLS typically has a few guys who could play college ball who don't receive offers, have you? I gotta think that there's a lot of time between those camps and those passing leagues to look for players. And most of DLS's games are streamed and a lot of them are archived. But maybe they are just that lazy. 

Well I have posted on two kids I think are D1 worthy players and I didn't really look too hard.   Is my opinion on them being good enough matter?  Well, obviously not as I'm not on the staff of a D1 team lol.  

How could you truly prove a player had the ability to go D1 if they never end up going?