Georgia Top 10 - Spring Edition

Rufus69

Well...most of the spring games have sprung.  A few may be left to finish up...but the damage is pretty much done.  North Morven has taken a quick look at its projections and has made a few updates.  Nothing really drastic...but...enough to write home about.  Here's a look at the latest.....

1.  Grayson - still the Green Meanies; albeit Marietta says they coming for them

2.  Marietta - speaking of the Blue Devils...they made a pretty decent showing against Hillgrove in their spring game.  They seem to think they can win it all.

3.  North Gwinnett - not a lot of noise out of the little Dogs up to this point...but when the bell tolls...they'll be ready.

4.  Lowndes - the Vikings are poised to embarrass everybody in Region 1 and most everybody else in Georgia.  That Miami game should be a dandy.

5.  Parkview - I never liked the Urange Panthers...but they may have something this year.  I say we keep at least one eye on them.

6.  McEachern - OK...the jury is still out on the Injuns...but my pal OMacG says they gonna represent.  And he don't fib...a whole lot.

7.  Archer - the Tigers are an unknown and that's scary in itself.  But they always reload.  ALWAYS.  I don't see this season as any different.

8.  Milton - North Morven decided to move the defending Champs up...simply cause they're the defending Champs.  I mean...who knows. 

9.  Northside - the Eagles (or Bluebellies) may not be the best team in Warner Robins...but my pal AC says they are.  Good enough for me at this point.

10.  Buford - who knows what the Perrier sipping Wolves are gonna do...but their rep is just too good to ignore.

Next Best 5....

11.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons - Big Red could be better than this.  They gave Lowndes fits in the spring game.  They are loaded.

12.  Lee County - We've dropped the Trojans down just to piss them off and...recruiting season ain't over.

13.  Rome - Lime Sink nor North Morven ever liked Shorty Reid.  In a year or two...neither will Rome.

14.  Valdosta - the Cats are an enigma.  They have the team this year to win it all in AAAAAA.  Coach Rod might wanna do just that...to get invited back.

15.  Colquitt - the Hawgs are doing the best they can with what they got.  We grinding everyday and we're actually making some progress.  BUT....#worktodo.

Bring on summer ball.  Time to get seasoned and to polish things up.  I reckon we'll see who's still around in early August.

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Where is Meridan?

Never heard of them.

Are they a good program?

Meridian is a sizeable school in Mississippi with a decent history in football.  They have had coaching difficulties in the last several months...like Colquitt.  They brought about 90 kids (dressed out) to Troy last night to play the Packers.  They were big, strong, slow and not very well coached.  They could very well get better by September...but they have a ways to go.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

They bragged about how good Meridan was and it only took one play to know Ole Boy Rufus don’t know wat he talking about 

Look here fella you keep blowing hard about your team BC powder but looking at that trumped up schedule y’all play me thinks there’s not much to y’all.. I mean Lacrosse and girls volleyball are nice sports but come on. And you Talk about Top 50? I never heard from your boss.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Look here fella you keep blowing hard about your team BC powder but looking at that trumped up schedule y’all play me thinks there’s not much to y’all.. I mean Lacrosse and girls volleyball are nice sports but come on. And you Talk about Top 50? I never heard from your boss.

Listen here  Deliverance y’all actually scheduled a game against isb , you are literally forbidden to talk.... don’t talk about SOS cause ours blows yours out the water

• Haha 1

Never heard your comment about our common opponent Plant City? Y’all lost we won.’ I mean I’ve never heard anything from NJ that struck fear in anyone’s heart except that bridge to NY City. Hell yall were so tame the Nets moved to NY. I mean what’s there good cheese and sulfur water. I lived in Hempstead in the late 60’s what you think your a Soprano or maybe Bon Jovie? High School Football “not so much” 

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Deliverance.... Bahahaha. 

You think alphabet boy got the stones and grit to do the deed? @imaGoodBoyNow

I mean a key grinder? Unless he’s making suits outta fat girls skin in a basement. 

Regards,

BGW

Glad you jumped in here dogboy I mean after all you are from Ga. I’m assuming. So when ya coming down our way to play someone. What are yall now AA?

You and I’m a Boy Now can return to talking about attendance at All Boys Schools. Hence the name “I’m a Boy Now”

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Wtf.... I’m lost!

Bahaha

BGW

Haha. 

My grandpa taught me to spell Mississippi that way. 

Em- M

Eye- I

Crooked letter- S

Crooked letter- S

Eye- I

Crooked letter- S

Crooked letter- S

Eye- I

Humpback- P

Humpback- P

Eye- I

He was holiness baptist. His sense of humor was... clean and different.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...most of the spring games have sprung.  A few may be left to finish up...but the damage is pretty much done.  North Morven has taken a quick look at its projections and has made a few updates.  Nothing really drastic...but...enough to write home about.  Here's a look at the latest.....

1.  Grayson - still the Green Meanies; albeit Marietta says they coming for them

2.  Marietta - speaking of the Blue Devils...they made a pretty decent showing against Hillgrove in their spring game.  They seem to think they can win it all.

3.  North Gwinnett - not a lot of noise out of the little Dogs up to this point...but when the bell tolls...they'll be ready.

4.  Lowndes - the Vikings are poised to embarrass everybody in Region 1 and most everybody else in Georgia.  That Miami game should be a dandy.

5.  Parkview - I never liked the Urange Panthers...but they may have something this year.  I say we keep at least one eye on them.

6.  McEachern - OK...the jury is still out on the Injuns...but my pal OMacG says they gonna represent.  And he don't fib...a whole lot.

7.  Archer - the Tigers are an unknown and that's scary in itself.  But they always reload.  ALWAYS.  I don't see this season as any different.

8.  Milton - North Morven decided to move the defending Champs up...simply cause they're the defending Champs.  I mean...who knows. 

9.  Northside - the Eagles (or Bluebellies) may not be the best team in Warner Robins...but my pal AC says they are.  Good enough for me at this point.

10.  Buford - who knows what the Perrier sipping Wolves are gonna do...but their rep is just too good to ignore.

Next Best 5....

11.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons - Big Red could be better than this.  They gave Lowndes fits in the spring game.  They are loaded.

12.  Lee County - We've dropped the Trojans down just to piss them off and...recruiting season ain't over.

13.  Rome - Lime Sink nor North Morven ever liked Shorty Reid.  In a year or two...neither will Rome.

14.  Valdosta - the Cats are an enigma.  They have the team this year to win it all in AAAAAA.  Coach Rod might wanna do just that...to get invited back.

15.  Colquitt - the Hawgs are doing the best they can with what they got.  We grinding everyday and we're actually making some progress.  BUT....#worktodo.

Bring on summer ball.  Time to get seasoned and to polish things up.  I reckon we'll see who's still around in early August.

Rufus>>

After Graysons Spring Game 2 things are clear they are VERY undersized and soft

8 hours ago, TheXFactor said:

After Graysons Spring Game 2 things are clear they are VERY undersized and soft

So the only thing that changed since last year is the size?

I thought that new coach had the kids doing "I'm a Ram, I kill, Blood makes the grass grow!" chants on the sidelines these days.

21 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So the only thing that changed since last year is the size?

I thought that new coach had the kids doing "I'm a Ram, I kill, Blood makes the grass grow!" chants on the sidelines these days.

Hawg...as moderator...you're gonna need to explain to these gurus that...."poor, tiny, little and undersized" has been copyrighted and not for their use.  After this morning's early discussions...our Lime Sink attorneys will let this instance....slide.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

I took a look at the roster and it shows 8 - 300 pounders.

288....280...285..270...260 twice.

At least 30 of them are 6'0 or better.

11 at least 6'3

4 are 6'5 or better.

Yes, there are big..

What it boils down to is coaching and technique trump size at this level. 

I watched our 5'10" linemen move around 6'2"+ guys that outweighed them by rough average of 25 lbs. the entire game. Our offense could have done whatever they wanted, and pretty much did. The score probably should have been over 70 to 0. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What it boils down to is coaching and technique trump size at this level. 

I watched our 5'10" linemen move around 6'2"+ guys that outweighed them by rough average of 25 lbs. the entire game. Our offense could have done whatever they wanted, and pretty much did. The score probably should have been over 70 to 0. 

TPE...my man.

Technique...Power...Explosion !!!!!

But...we still ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs....

(Smile)...

Rufus>>

• Like 1