Open Div Coming to CIFSS

SoCalFball

34 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who's Oaks?

After two scores does it really matter?

I listed the top 10 to illustrate CP’s take (that I agreed with) on projected margins 

@On2whls seemed to be at least a tad offended that i suggested I’d be excited more about a CC-Folsom game (which imho is really the ONLY socal team that projects to a right contest — 2 teams project to win easily and folsom projects to beat everyone else with comparable ease)

check out top prospects in CA at 24/7 sports — 3 schools jump out at you, your banner carriers and the Devil 

25 minutes ago, Pops said:

I listed the top 10 to illustrate CP’s take (that I agreed with) on projected margins 

@On2whls seemed to be at least a tad offended that i suggested I’d be excited more about a CC-Folsom game (which imho is really the ONLY socal team that projects to a right contest — 2 teams project to win easily and folsom projects to beat everyone else with comparable ease)

check out top prospects in CA at 24/7 sports — 3 schools jump out at you, your banner carriers and the Devil 

Not following the argurment, but I agree that the devil would be a good match for the top publics in So Cal.  Cen10, MV, Villa Park, and Narbonne.

2 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

I enjoyed Folsom and Cathedral Catholic last year

You say this only because the SS chose to not send their 2nd (or 3rd) best team to playoffs as they were already enabled to by CIF rules for the last 5 years or so 

and, after being very critical of NCS, CCS, and SDS for doing so, SS has decided to join em 

going forward, Folsom (or whoever from Norcal), won’t be in an unenviable no-win situation for the 2nd highest title in state

you were able to generate your giddiness by close losses but never took down the Devil in 4 tries 

No one in socal is as thrilled as Norcal that you guys are now out of excuses with nowhere to hide 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

You say this only because the SS chose to not send their 2nd (or 3rd) best team to playoffs as they were already enabled to by CIF rules for the last 5 years or so 

and, after being very critical of NCS, CCS, and SDS for doing so, SS has decided to join em 

going forward, Folsom (or whoever from Norcal), won’t be in an unenviable no-win situation for the 2nd highest title in state

you were able to generate your giddiness by close losses but never took down the Devil in 4 tries 

No one in socal is as thrilled as Norcal that you guys are now out of excuses with nowhere to hide 

I ageee with Pops.   I’d rather risk a journey to the Excuse Thread in order for a chance to see the devil get butt drilled in the SBG.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

If the 8 best teams in the SS go into an 8 team “open” then the winner of the diluted SS bracket is certainly not going to be the second or third best team from So Ca.  But, you’ll certainly claim that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pops said:

Lol freakin’ clown

9 hours ago, Pops said:

What are you talking about? Folsom or whoever in the future is 2nd best in NorCal will still get Socals 9th best team in 1AA SBG 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

If the 8 best teams in the SS go into an 8 team “open” then the winner of the diluted SS bracket is certainly not going to be the second or third best team from So Ca.  But, you’ll certainly claim that.

I may have misunderstood — thought as this was being initially discussed, you were  going to be sending winner if consolation game (Ie would have been you)

I agree just cutting bracket in half doesn’t help much, but at least you guys can’t still claim your holding back your top 16 teams 

😉 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What are you talking about? Folsom or whoever in the future is 2nd best in NorCal will still get Socals 9th best team in 1AA SBG 

See above 

Damn!!!

misunderstanding my fault 

not getting it right is on you guys 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

It really won't be the 8 best in the SS rather the 8 best in SS Div 1 if that makes sense 

3 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

It really won't be the 8 best in the SS rather the 8 best in SS Div 1 if that makes sense 

I get what you are saying but does that mean they will ignore or include the San Diego and City Section teams?  You could make a case that Cathedral SD and Narbonne last year could have been competitive in the first round of the 16 team bracket.  Aside from those two teams though, what other SS teams do you think would have been capable?  Upland, Norco, Rancho Verde?

4 hours ago, Pops said:

See above 

Damn!!!

misunderstanding my fault 

not getting it right is on you guys 

By saying So Cal doesn’t get it right by lumping the best teams in one bracket, you are automatically agreeing that the system is marginalized.  This then invalidates you using the D1AA and D1A title games as representative of Nor Ca best playing So Ca best.  Yet you’ll still crow about it when Nor Ca teams win.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:29 AM, Pops said:

Wasn’t trying to offend you/ CC

i think CP +/- got the MOV/ spread right for the CA top 10 last year as: 

1   MD

2  SJB +7

3 DLS  +12

4  Folsom +16

5. CC +19

6  Oaks +25

7  JSerra +25

8  Mission Viejo + 28

9  Cathedral Prep + 31

10  Liberty +31

Well, we all know its off on Folsom and Cathedral Prep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

I get what you are saying but does that mean they will ignore or include the San Diego and City Section teams?  You could make a case that Cathedral SD and Narbonne last year could have been competitive in the first round of the 16 team bracket.  Aside from those two teams though, what other SS teams do you think would have been capable?  Upland, Norco, Rancho Verde?

Ignore because this is a Southern Section change. Technically there sections were ahead of the curve since LA and SD have Open Divisions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

By saying So Cal doesn’t get it right by lumping the best teams in one bracket, you are automatically agreeing that the system is marginalized.  This then invalidates you using the D1AA and D1A title games as representative of Nor Ca best playing So Ca best.  Yet you’ll still crow about it when Nor Ca teams win.

I understand your point but I’ll root for Norcal in any system so just set that to the side 

not sure what you mean by marginalized?  The D13 champ isn’t the 13th best team in the state either 

the only real relevant point for me is what we can do to get socal from crying every year about how you send shit to this particular game 

I say bring it or zip it — don’t care that much about formats 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

Both those teams could have won 2 games as long as they were in right quadrant that didn’t have you guys or one if the academies 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Both those teams could have won 2 games as long as they were in right quadrant that didn’t have you guys or one if the academies 

Ridiculous Pops.Maybe one game but the second round they would have had no choice but to play either Centennial,SJB,Oaks Christian,MD or JSerra and they aren’t beating any of those teams 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ridiculous Pops.Maybe one game but the second round they would have had no choice but to play either Centennial,SJB,Oaks Christian,MD or JSerra and they aren’t beating any of those teams 

Ridiculous?

that either team COULD (not would) beat Oaks or JSerra?

i think your protest is what’s ridiculous 

53 minutes ago, Pops said:

A Herculean effort for the #9 team

in stare to beat either #6 or #7 team

i dont think you know what that word means 

Are you making your own rankings now Pops? There’s no guarantees that Narbonne or Cathedral Catholic would even win a first round game in the SS D1 bracket 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Are you making your own rankings now Pops? There’s no guarantees that Narbonne or Cathedral Catholic would even win a first round game in the SS D1 bracket 

Or that the sun will come up tomorrow 

Mo was using CP, but I doubt much different at cal-hi 

stop being silly, Goose