Best defense thread

ChimpGrip

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I still like Katy better. 10 shutouts and 62 points allowed. 

Either way though, '85 Yates was a legendary team. 

I saw both play.  Yates didn't play in the era of watered down playoffs, the two best teams repped the district in one bracket.  No two divisions where a 4th placed team gets in.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I saw both play.  Yates didn't play in the era of watered down playoffs, the two best teams repped the district in one bracket.  No two divisions where a 4th placed team gets in.  

Yeah, but to post the numbers with the rules and offenses in place today is mighty impressive. And Katy blanked a very good LT offense, a team that, based on average, was set to score 800+ points. 

Both were the best for their time and are in conversation for the greatest of all time. We can leave it at that. 

56 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

2018 SFA 10-0

32 PA, five shutouts 

I guess so.......watch a lot of football?

St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)   team preview   trend Maryland MIAA A MIAA A 9-0 0-0 0-0 81.6 23.5 32-33
WINS: #67 Lee County (Leesburg, GA) (43-14), #2201 Northeast (Philadelphia, PA) (35-0), #2712 More [St. Thomas] (Oakdale, CT) (55-0), #4598 Christ the King (Middle Village, NY) (41-6), Clarkson Football North (Mississauga, Ontario) (64-6), Canada Prep Football Academy (St. Catharines, Ontario) (55-0), West Toronto (Toronto, Ontario) (64-0), #5119 Life Christian Academy (Chester, VA) (51-6), #10050 Silver Oak Academy (Keymar, MD) (69-0), LOSSES: none
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What are some of the greatest defenses of all time you’ve seen on any level? 

I’ll go first-

2011 Alabama (the most fundamentally sound college defense I have ever seen)

2015 Katy (best HS defense ever)

Feel free to post highlights and such.

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Best HS defense was '85 Jack Yates.  Had 9 shutouts, allowed 47 pts in 15 games. 

Ummmm How are y'all completely disregarding 1983 Daingerfield? Best defense to ever step foot on the field in my opinion. 

Zero defensive or special teams points allowed in 16 games

National record 14 shutouts 

76 defensive points scored 

PF 631 PA 8 

8 points allowed all season 6 points on a pick 6, two points on a safety snapped over the punters head.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, mustangman21 said:

Ummmm How are y'all completely disregarding 1983 Daingerfield? Best defense to ever step foot on the field in my opinion. 

Zero defensive or special teams points allowed in 16 games

National record 14 shutouts 

76 defensive points scored 

PF 631 PA 8 

8 points allowed all season 6 points on a pick 6, two points on a safety snapped over the punters head.

What was their competition like?

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahaha.  Nice catch.  SO the old racist piece of shit is still alive and stalking this board.  Rab knows jack about what good football even looks like. 

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lmao 😂 ^^^^^^^^^^ @ORabidOne has this Guy on A Leash 

Hoss I saw it was Rabs birthday and the whole website had a Thread Dedicated to that POS 

92C69B4A-B350-4409-87B1-CB7C27672DFC.png