OT: John McCain Interviewed by David Axelrod on CNN

BigDrop

Superb interview.  interesting, informative and inspirational.  I happened on this during a commercial for the NCAA championship when I was flipping channels.  I watched all of it.

I did not know McCain's father was an Admiral, nor did I realize that three of the years he was imprisoned were in solitary confinement.  I certainly didn't know his mom is 105 years old!  But more than anything, I have enjoyed and respected Senator McCain for many years.  Arizona and America are indeed fortunate that he is here to represent and protect us.

Bravo to David Axelrod and CNN for an entertaining and insightful presentation.  And to Senator McCain for being the man he is.

• Like 3

john mccain as a soldier is a war hero for sure. As a politician the man is beyond despicable. he's a flat out liar on just about anything and everything and will undermine anyone to get his name in the news. Another lifelong politician who never created a job, had to make payroll etc. And yet he'll collect a big fat pension despite the fact that his wife is a multi millionaire. he's nothing but a power hungry ego maniac.

• Like 1

McCain has shamelessly used his military service as a politician.  Not just as part of his bio to help him get elected - many do that - but rather as something to make himself appear to be more moral, righteous and worthy on nearly any issue to do with the military or foreign policy.  After 30+ years in the Senate, it is more than a little nauseating.  He has become a pompous ass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

McCain has shamelessly used his military service as a politician.  Not just as part of his bio to help him get elected - many do that - but rather as something to make himself appear to be more moral, righteous and worthy on nearly any issue to do with the military or foreign policy.  After 30+ years in the Senate, it is more than a little nauseating.  He has become a pompous ass.

One guy uses his military service and is hated. 

One guy dodges the draft and grabs women by the pussy and is loved.

Strange freaking world!

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

john mccain as a soldier is a war hero for sure. As a politician the man is beyond despicable. he's a flat out liar on just about anything and everything and will undermine anyone to get his name in the news. Another lifelong politician who never created a job, had to make payroll etc. And yet he'll collect a big fat pension despite the fact that his wife is a multi millionaire. he's nothing but a power hungry ego maniac.

I'm convinced you are 12.

1 hour ago, aZjimbo said:

Your daddy likes soldiers who do NOT get captured.

They are NO hero.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

He has NOT become a pompous ass. he IS a pompous ass.

17 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

As usual you talk out your ass because you know nothing of the policies and the flat out lying this clown (mccain) has spewed over the years in Az and the Senate.

As usual you let your daddy cornhole you though..........typical, trump kid.

Bring down everyone else.....

Sheesh, what a galactic waste of time you are.

I can separate the facts that John McCain is a Naval Aviation hero, who endured unimaginable pain, torture and hardships as a POW, and the fact that as a politician, he's pretty much been a useless tax leech, which is no different than the other useless politicians in D.C.

I would go toe to toe with anyone that bad mouths a former POW or combat Vet.

A politician or draft dodger? Carry on.