Carol City QB transfers to Western

Columbiafan

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

How good or bad is western? Never heard of them. Obv not on Carol city level right 

Nah 

Carol City would be top 5 in FL at the moment if I had to rank them today while Western may be borderline top 25 in FL

Though Western has picked up some good players, if they get a few good OL in between now and August they may have a legit shot of winning 8a South but they would have to get past strong teams like Columbus and DFB to do so

Western plays in freedom bowl this year if I remember correctly

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Nah 

Carol City would be top 5 in FL at the moment if I had to rank them today while Western may be borderline top 25 in FL

Though Western has picked up some good players, if they get a few good OL in between now and August they may have a legit shot of winning 8a South but they would have to get past strong teams like Columbus and DFB to do so

Western plays in freedom bowl this year if I remember correctly

Sounds good. Like I said I've never heard of western ever 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, HSFBfan said:

How good or bad is western? Never heard of them. Obv not on Carol city level right 

Historically, Western has been mediocre. However, they have shown marked improvement the past two years making the playoffs back to back years and making a decent run in 2017.

With 8A's current configuration, they may be able to make a run especially if they can hurdle Deerfield Beach in the South bracket. But that is a tall order. Western would be regarded as a suburban school compared with Carol City which is predominantly (but not exclusively) low income. The two schools are on opposite sides of the Dade/Broward border. 

The transfer is interesting to say the least. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Any notable transfers in Central FL?

Slight pet peeve: Referring to Orlando metro specifically as Central Florida. Everyone does it, just sayin' it bothers me!

Word is Edgewater has reloaded; no clue on names. I don't know anything about player movement anywhere else. Until we get to August and can look out on a field and see who's playing, we can't be sure of any of this.

43 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Slight pet peeve: Referring to Orlando metro specifically as Central Florida. Everyone does it, just sayin' it bothers me!

Word is Edgewater has reloaded; no clue on names. I don't know anything about player movement anywhere else. Until we get to August and can look out on a field and see who's playing, we can't be sure of any of this.

I wasn't asking about just Orlando

Darter usually is very on top of the central FL area in general

And we may not know anything for sure but if we don't speculate or try to predict than what the hell else are we gonna talk about in the off-season

We aren't getting paid to rank teams so who cares if we miss from time to time

Even experts that been around sport for 40 or 50 years still miss on predictions, as long as someone can confidently add something to the discussion we should encourage it 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

What's the deal with the SFA game? Televised?  That's the one people wanna see!

From what @GardenStateBaller has informed there will be a stream. I was also hoping ESPN would pick up the game being that it's on kickoff weekend. ESPN doesn't release their scheduled until August. At least that's how it's been in the past.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, badrouter said:

Kinda surprised Gervon Dexter didn't find his way to the L.   He's a monster.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Kinda surprised Gervon Dexter didn't find his way to the L.   He's a monster.  

Haha yeah I imagine the kids sent him some texts asking him to come over. He's the one big recruit in the county the L doesn't have that would make a huge difference. They could possibly end up on the same level as a Grace Brethren or Coatesville, PA if they added him. I'm sure his absence factored significantly into Ned's decision to place them below those teams to start the season.

• Haha 2