They said no Georgia school in the mix.

eddiev

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Jeff Fisher is a Dallas Jackson clone who doesn’t know shit about football. 

He even posted on Twitter he didn’t want to consolidate a few states into regional rankings because he wanted to praise more high schools than less. 

His shit is tired and excessive. Just shit to fill in till the season starts and he really becomes more irrelevant. 

Bitter Bob?  Porque?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

St. Joseph's Prep, SJR, & Gonzaga are kinda huh..... I mean maybe eventually but I wouldn't have started any of them there.

If we are being honest, this preseason theres 6 teams on their own tier, & then everyone else. Atleast until proven otherwise. (Mater Dei, SJB, Duncanville, North Shore, SFA, St. Johns)

Whats great is 5 of those 6 play atleast 1 of the other 6. Only North Shore doesnt play any of the other teams in the regular season.

Mater Dei plays SJB, SFA, & St. Johns.

SJB plays Mater Dei.

Duncanville plays St. Johns.

North Shore doesnt play any of them... Maybe Dville in the playoffs.

SFA plays Mater Dei.

St. Johns plays Duncanville & Mater Dei.

If theres a Top 10 GA team this year... Itll be Colquitt, Marietta ... Drum roll please... Or Parkview!

Im not necessarily saying any of them will be... Just that those are the teams with the potential to be. Too many question marks surrounding Milton, & McEachern has a 1st year HC.

I'd take IMG over any of those teams on a neutral field.

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Who is the last ga team to be a legit top 10?  Maybe that one colcuts year when their transfer qb was a senior a few years ago?  Even that team was only hoovering around #10 or maybe #9 at best. 

2016 Grayson is the last ... They were #7 @ USAToday, #6 @ CalPreps, #4 @ HSFBA ... Etc.

2018 Colquitt looked like one up til the last game of the season.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Yep for sure and this Marietta team is not that far off from being like that Grayson team of last season.  Again Prep will probably win if they play their game but I wouldn't be surprised to see Marietta knock them off.  Prep loaded and is a real good team, can Marietta pull it together in week 1 - not sure but its why they play the game. 

I wasn't surprised that Bergen went into Grayson and handled business the way they did.  Coaching will play a HUGE roll in this game as did last season in Bergens game.

😂 

You know nothing about Marietta? There’s no coaching controversy. No infighting. No parents, handlers or go betweens causing drama (alleged to have happened with grayson). 

Marietta may not win it all this year, but it won’t be because of a grayson style season. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Spoke with him a few weeks back. He feels good about both lines and they’re developing some big TEs. They have a young QB stud Devin Farrell that will push the senior for the starting job. Secondary and WRs are talented. Two incoming xfers (LB/DL and DL/OL) will help their cause too. 

LMAO FARRELL! At Milton?!?! LOL hell of an upgrade from the south side of Atlanta where he’s been living... . I was told he switched to WR after his workout at South Carolina 

Man shit changes quickly in the METRO Everyone is so fucking transfer happy now. Devin was the ATL Ducks quarterback over the years. He played against IE Ducks, San Antonio Outlaws, the Broward teams so he’s seen national talent across the youth level. Dual threat quarterback, great speed, hell of an athlete. He’s young and raw though more of an ATH at this stage, it’ll be a step back from last year’s guy (he was a playmaker and senior) 

Devin was attending Holy Innocents. Plays both basketball and football and is pretty damn good at both. Guess after Milton won a state the family got a phone call and a hell of a job promotion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

😂

You know nothing about Marietta? There’s no coaching controversy. No infighting. No parents, handlers or go betweens causing drama (alleged to have happened with grayson). 

Marietta may not win it all this year, but it won’t be because of a grayson style season. 

actually what you meant to say was "you know nothing about this seasons Marietta football team" and even that makes you wrong.  But what you should do is slow down and read twice, respond once.  I said nothing to the extent of infighting, controversy, handlers, blah blah blah.  When you read it slowly you will kind of get the picture of athletes on the field.  Nothing more Larry.

And I would love to see Marietta win it all this season!  You forget silly I lived and worked in Marietta for some time back in the 90's and 2005-2-006.  Also played in the Flag City Shootout and passed out (I called it taking a quick nap) under the Big Chicken waiting for my order so yeah I got a little Blue Devil in my heart. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I haven’t heard a lot about jserra this off-season.

Odd... Ive been hearing all offseason they are going to be one of the great SoCal teams of All-Time.

Milton has less of a chance vs JSerra, than Rush does getting another HS HCing job in GA.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Odd... Ive been hearing all offseason they are going to be one of the great SoCal teams of All-Time.

Milton has less of a chance vs JSerra, than Rush does getting another HS HCing job in GA.

They’ve been conspicuously quiet this year. Not sure how good they are or aren’t. I also get your sarcasm, Milton did alright last year...

51 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

They’ve been conspicuously quiet this year. Not sure how good they are or aren’t. I also get your sarcasm, Milton did alright last year...

Yeah Milton was solid last year. They got a 25 point win over the FL 5A Champ, & they won State over a really good Colquitt team.

Their line play will be good this year..  But their QB was the engine that made them go. Hes gone & so is every single skill player that started last year. Every DB, WR, RB, and QB.... And only 1 LB returns. Their OL & DL will be good. The OL is led by 4* Clemson commit Paul Tchio.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, ECHS05 said:

Their lines should be fine. That's where all his returning starters are.

Its everything else thats concerning. A rising sophomore thats never started a game isnt gonna win state. 

Every team thats won state in GA 7A since 2011, except Colquitt in 2014, has had a Senior starting at QB.

2018: Milton - Senior QB

2017: North Gwinnett - Senior QB

2016: Grayson - Senior QB

2015: Colquitt - Senior QB (same Junior that won in 2014)

2014: Colquitt - Junior QB

2013: Norcross - Senior QB

2012: Norcross - Senior QB

2011: Grayson - Senior QB

You get the picture

Which of the Georgia Powers have Sr QBs?  

Want to see if trend continues.

25 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Which of the Georgia Powers have Sr QBs?  

Want to see if trend continues.

In region 1 7A, Colquitt County has a 2nd year starter that went to the big show last year as a junior. Jaycee Harden. Maybe Camden County, not too sure who they're going with as their starter this year. Been kinda quiet over that way.

In Region 1 6A, Valdosta has a 2nd year starter, 3rd year playing time in Tate Rodemaker. Also, I think Warner Robins may have a senior, but, he will not have been a 2nd year starter in their system.

Some of them yankee fellas will have to talk about who is where up nawth. Them folks change schools like us southerners change our drawers. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In region 1 7A, Colquitt County has a 2nd year starter that went to the big show last year as a junior. Jaycee Harden. Maybe Camden County, not too sure who they're going with as their starter this year. Been kinda quiet over that way.

In Region 1 6A, Valdosta has a 2nd year starter, 3rd year playing time in Tate Rodemaker. Also, I think Warner Robins may have a senior, but, he will not have been a 2nd year starter in their system.

Some of them yankee fellas will have to talk about who is where up nawth. Them folks change schools like us southerners change our drawers. 

Once a year?  Need it or not?

• Haha 4

On 7/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, ATLien12x said:

LMAO FARRELL! At Milton?!?! LOL hell of an upgrade from the south side of Atlanta where he’s been living... . I was told he switched to WR after his workout at South Carolina 

Man shit changes quickly in the METRO Everyone is so fucking transfer happy now. Devin was the ATL Ducks quarterback over the years. He played against IE Ducks, San Antonio Outlaws, the Broward teams so he’s seen national talent across the youth level. Dual threat quarterback, great speed, hell of an athlete. He’s young and raw though more of an ATH at this stage, it’ll be a step back from last year’s guy (he was a playmaker and senior) 

Devin was attending Holy Innocents. Plays both basketball and football and is pretty damn good at both. Guess after Milton won a state the family got a phone call and a hell of a job promotion

Where you been hiding homie?

• Like 1

I'm not going to get into the specifics of any rankings right now. But, it stands to reason that a state like Georgia (or Texas) wouldn't have a top 5-10 team in the country. Fan support, investment and commitment to football programs is so great and so commonplace that no one program can leverage a monopoly on local talent. Program A may be awesome, but Program B down the road is likely excellent as well. So, instead of Program A poaching the kids from B, the talent tends to end up more evenly distributed. So, you end up with a bunch of really good teams, but none with such a concentration of talent that they can match the top handful of teams across the country. When you see schools with a huge monopoly on talent, you generally also see a whole lot of financially struggling, under supported public schools around them. So, the kids may be going from one place with poor facilities and crap coaches to another with excellent facilities and coaches. Hence the transfer is often a no-brainer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Marietta has 4 year starter and Tennessee commit Harrison Bailey. 

This!  He might be the difference in this game.  But if he's not, it'll be Prep's OL.

after looking at the schedule, Marietta will have two games prior to the Prep game to work things out. Nice!  Prep will have two games to scout Marietta. Not so nice, lol.  Marietta won't see Prep until this game is played.  Not even sure who Prep scrimmages, they never post shit like that.  I do have a few of their games from last season if you can't see them on Hudl or YouTube. 

skill players really matching up nicely from both teams as well.  we'll see what things look like after the transfer season in PA/NJ ends.