I go to Europe ....

Bormio

11 hours ago, Bormio said:

Mainly behind the old Iron Curtain - the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.  Is something different and interesting, and much less expensive than Western Europe.

Very cool! My last name is Czech, 99% cannot pronounce it. 

Did you hear a lot of Hungarian spoken? It’s a neat but complex language.

And these countries can be hidden gems. They’re not among the more popular destinations (e.g., Spain) but worth it i’d Imagine. I’d like to see Estonia and Finland myself. 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Very cool! My last name is Czech, 99% cannot pronounce it. 

Did you hear a lot of Hungarian spoken? It’s a neat but complex language.

And these countries can be hidden gems. They’re not among the more popular destinations (e.g., Spain) but worth it i’d Imagine. I’d like to see Estonia and Finland myself. 

Will not be in Hungary for about 4 days yet, but will be there 5 days in Budapest.  These are fascinating places to visit and are very much a bargain still.  I agree on Finland and the Baltic countries.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I don’t know...nut/red/66 says they all hate us because of our President! I’m sure you felt the pressure from all the hatred over there, didn’t ya bormio? 😆😝😂

They are too busy taking our money to hate us .... funny how that works

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

LOL! I actually looked up Bratislava looking for that scene from "Eurotrip," and was surprised to see that it is a real place...and evidently much nicer than is shown in the clip from the movie, thank God. Enjoy, and let us know how it is.

It is not Prague or Vienna, but a nice city that I think is now getting even better.  Not even the Communists  could eradicate the charm of these places.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1