Sign in to follow this  
Scottdale

New Jersey Reduces High School Football In-Season Contact To 15 Minutes Per Week

http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/new-jersey-reduces-high-school-football-in-season-contact-to-15-minutes-per-week/

What good does it do to practice? You are going to get in a game and get hit for 2-3 hours and they want to stop the physical contact in preparation? 

I say this is going to cause more injuries as the human body conditions itself by what we put it thru to prepare for what we want it to do. Big mistake here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

We have a thread about this. 

Is it on this page? I did not see it. Direct me to it. I would like to see the comments on this subject.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

It's a disaster. Many coaches have spoke out about it. Itll put NJ behind significantly 

I am sure it will. The physicality of the game will by-pass Jersey and it's football will go by the wayside.

3 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

I am sure it will. The physicality of the game will by-pass Jersey and it's football will go by the wayside.

I agree completely. It's already been on a downhill slope for the last few years. 

9 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

Is it on this page? I did not see it. Direct me to it. I would like to see the comments on this subject.

I'm pretty sure either drummer started a thread or put comments on it in a thread 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It's a disaster. Many coaches have spoke out about it. Itll put NJ behind significantly 

Especially when they play Cali teams in the preseason!

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Especially when they play Cali teams in the preseason!

Idc when they play cali it's a dumb matchup. There is no reason anymore and this has been true for years now for NJ to to 3000 miles out there. NJ will be going back to the days of playing Pa NY etc. The national games for NJ are pretty much over. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Idc when they play cali it's a dumb matchup. There is no reason anymore and this has been true for years now for NJ to to 3000 miles out there. NJ will be going back to the days of playing Pa NY etc. The national games for NJ are pretty much over. 

Like I mentioned in the other thread, at least you guys challenge yourselves.  Unlike teams from a certain state that rhymes with shmishgeorgia. Lol

• Haha 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, at least you guys challenge yourselves.  Unlike teams from a certain state that rhymes with shmishgeorgia. Lol

I'd rather be shmishgeorgia. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

What do you mean... @GardenStateBaller Control ur kid he’s talking reckless... these high profile games are just the beginning .. The kids get the exposure to recruiters, they Always go out and do activities like visit camp Pennington and check out the town for example last honor bowl,   This is just beginning like I said , Texas seems like their interested in this OOS opportunity... it’s only going up from here

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What do you mean... @GardenStateBaller Control ur kid he’s talking reckless... these high profile games are just the beginning .. The kids get the exposure to recruiters, they Always go out and do activities like visit camp Pennington and check out the town for example last honor bowl,   This is just beginning like I said , Texas seems like their interested in this OOS opportunity... it’s only going up from here

Forgive him. He forgot to take his medication today. We all know these games are great in every way. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s camp pendalton 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Where is camp pennington?  Is it like a summer camp?

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Dude you can play nobody and be found. The kid from rockland country day school plays virtual nobodies and had offers from alabama. You dont need to go to california to lose by 50. Go to Annapolis in maryland and play games there. So no I'm not talking reckless. These are facts 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Forgive him. He forgot to take his medication today. We all know these games are great in every way. 

I disagree completely. Waste of time. This isnt the good days of NJ football

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The good old days only benefited DBP. Now all the bnu teams are benefiting. Great for NJ hsfb at the elite level. 

There is no benefit when you are scheduling games to get your ass kicked. We are surrounded by states with teams that give NJ teams a great game. You wanna see military go to maryland and play at Annapolis. Doesnt make sense to go to cali to get destroyed. The days of 2011 dbp is 8 years removed. The days of a good PC teams are gone. Bc is never consistent. Only hope is sjr 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

There is no benefit when you are scheduling games to get your ass kicked. We are surrounded by states with teams that give NJ teams a great game. You wanna see military go to maryland and play at Annapolis. Doesnt make sense to go to cali to get destroyed. The days of 2011 dbp is 8 years removed. The days of a good PC teams are gone. Bc is never consistent. Only hope is sjr 

To be the best, you have to play the best. If our state ever wants to win another MNC, games like these need to be scheduled and won. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

To be the best, you have to play the best. If our state ever wants to win another MNC, games like these need to be scheduled and won. 

Will never happen. Teams in NJ I'm sorry to say it have to have the Hansen mentality. Were here to win state title not some mythical title. State titles is where it's at. When you go down to the shore for the summer you tell everyone who owns that state. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude you can play nobody and be found. The kid from rockland country day school plays virtual nobodies and had offers from alabama. You dont need to go to california to lose by 50. Go to Annapolis in maryland and play games there. So no I'm not talking reckless. These are facts 

Rye Country Day School, but I generally agree with your point that you can get seen and offered playing at a small school, especially these days.