Sign in to follow this  
Scottdale

New Jersey Reduces High School Football In-Season Contact To 15 Minutes Per Week

14 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What do you mean... @GardenStateBaller Control ur kid he’s talking reckless... these high profile games are just the beginning .. The kids get the exposure to recruiters, they Always go out and do activities like visit camp Pennington and check out the town for example last honor bowl,   This is just beginning like I said , Texas seems like their interested in this OOS opportunity... it’s only going up from here

If you're good you're good. Doesn't matter. I've seen kids from here go to FSU,BC, Virginia, Georgia,Miami and Clemson and to be real none of the Savannah schools are spectacular. And I'm talking these kids are coming off 2-8,1-9,3-7,0-10 teams. (outside of Benedictine and Jenkins who perform good). 

• Like 2

You also think That playing tough teams OOS improves the talent... 

And that's not true either... 

Look at The former BC QB Jared Giranamo or what not... He's on Tennessee he should be balling right now because BC plays top notch teams but guess what? 

Tennessee as a whole is not good. 

See how ridiculous your theory is. 

Football is a team sport. 

Too many teams on HS, College and Pro level are playing All star ball... 

13 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Will never happen. Teams in NJ I'm sorry to say it have to have the Hansen mentality. Were here to win state title not some mythical title. State titles is where it's at. When you go down to the shore for the summer you tell everyone who owns that state. 

C'mon man it's "DOWN THE SHORE!!". SHEESH!😄

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Look at The former BC QB Jared Giranamo or what not... He's on Tennessee he should be balling right now because BC plays top notch teams but guess what? 

Let’s hold judgement on Guarantano until after this season. Tennessee should be better this year with most of their offense back and the addition of two top notch linemen on the OL. Barring any injuries he’ll also have some good WRs to throw to. The schedule won’t be easy (FL and Bama on the road and GA at home). If UT can finish 7-5 or 8-4 I think that will be a marked improvement for Pruitt in his second year. 

When State Champ and New Jersey flag bearer St Joseph’s Regional-Montvale High School marched down to Georgia and played a down trodden, second rate, second round loser from the Sunburn State. And got dog walked up and down the field for 4 quarters. It was sad. Like watching Muhammad Ali box in the 80’s. 

Kids were crying. Women were looking to their men for reassurance all to no avail. 

That balmy night in Georgia, the nail was smashed into the coffin and there lies New Jersey High School football. Rest In Peace guidos. 

(2008-2018) 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You also think That playing tough teams OOS improves the talent... 

And that's not true either... 

Too many teams on HS, College and Pro level are playing All star ball... 

JG had one good game at BC and that was when he played IMG. 

27 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Let’s hold judgement on Guarantano until after this season. Tennessee should be better this year with most of their offense back and the addition of two top notch linemen on the OL. Barring any injuries he’ll also have some good WRs to throw to. The schedule won’t be easy (FL and Bama on the road and GA at home). If UT can finish 7-5 or 8-4 I think that will be a marked improvement for Pruitt in his second year. 

They are a middle of the road at best sec team. JG will be destroyed by bama.

Just like all these people who love hurts because he won a NC at bama. Bama won despite him. At least hes in the big 12 now where he will never see a defense and he can be a deer in the headlight kind of QB. 

34 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

C'mon man it's "DOWN THE SHORE!!". SHEESH!😄

Yes it is. Sorry for throwing the To in there

DOWN THE SHORE

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

They are a middle of the road at best sec team. JG will be destroyed by bama.

Yes they are. UT has been down for a decade now. I’m not debating that. They probably will get crushed again in Tuscaloosa, but that doesn’t mean JG can’t have a decent year. The pieces are there on offense this year. I think 7-5 or 8-4 would be respectable. 

16 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Yes they are. UT has been down for a decade now. I’m not debating that. They probably will get crushed again in Tuscaloosa, but that doesn’t mean JG can’t have a decent year. The pieces are there on offense this year. I think 7-5 or 8-4 would be respectable. 

That would put them almost in the same boat as kentucky. Hell kentucky is more on an upward trend than tenneseee. 8-4 would be respectable for let's say vanderbilt. 

That would put them almost in the same boat as kentucky. Hell kentucky is more on an upward trend than tenneseee. 8-4 would be respectable for let's say vanderbilt. 

Kentucky and Vandy will be back down to earth this year. After this last decade for the Vols 8-4 IS respectable for them. 

23 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Kentucky and Vandy will be back down to earth this year. After this last decade for the Vols 8-4 IS respectable for them. 

Depends on who they beat. They wont beat Georgia bama etc

I'm not sure they beat Florida or South Carolina. 

Depends on who they beat. They wont beat Georgia bama etc

I'm not sure they beat Florida or South Carolina. 

Yes, they’ll lose to Bama, UGA, and Florida. S. Carolina and Mizzou maybe, but I say UT upsets one of the two. 

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

Yes, they’ll lose to Bama, UGA, and Florida. S. Carolina and Mizzou maybe, but I say UT upsets one of the two. 

Yeah but is that a good year that you upset let's say South Carolina. They also have to play BYU and mississippi state. I give them 3-4 wins with wins over UAB georgia state Chattanooga and vanderbilt

If this was last years Uab team I think Uab could hang with them. 

This year could be a disaster at 4-8 ouch

Yeah but is that a good year that you upset let's say South Carolina. They also have to play BYU and mississippi state. I give them 3-4 wins with wins over UAB georgia state Chattanooga and vanderbilt

If this was last years Uab team I think Uab could hang with them. 

This year could be a disaster at 4-8 ouch

You’re way off if you think UT will go 4-8. UT has a lot coming back and will be good offensively. I’m sticking with 7-5 or 8-4. Yes, upsetting S. Carolina (or Mizzou) in conjunction with a winning record would be a good year for the Vols, considering how poorly they’ve been this last decade. 

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

You’re way off if you think UT will go 4-8. UT has a lot coming back and will be good offensively. I’m sticking with 7-5 or 8-4. Yes, upsetting S. Carolina (or Mizzou) in conjunction with a winning record would be a good year for the Vols, considering how poorly they’ve been this last decade. 

Go take a look at that schedule. I dont see 7-8 wins in there. Please give me the 7 to 8 wins you see in that schedule. 

Massey rating I know it's a computer but that site has UT having 5 wins on the schedule. So 5-7. Lot closer to my 4-8 than you 7 or 8 wins

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Go take a look at that schedule. I dont see 7-8 wins in there. Please give me the 7 to 8 wins you see in that schedule. 

Georgia St, BYU, Chattanooga, Miss. St, UAB, Kentucky, Vandy. That’s 7. Make it 8 with an upset of S. Carolina or Mizzou. 

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Georgia St, BYU, Chattanooga, Miss. St, UAB, Kentucky, Vandy. That’s 7. Make it 8 with an upset of S. Carolina or Mizzou. 

They will be underdogs to miss state kentucky and probably be only slight favorites in a toss up game with byu

I dont see how they beat miss state or kentucky. Yeah its college football and anytjing can happen but they wont matchup physical to miss state at the very least  sec west is better than the east maybe only slightly but still better 

I do know this I will be smoking cigars on that 3rd weekend in october 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They will be underdogs to miss state kentucky and probably be only slight favorites in a toss up game with byu

I dont see how they beat miss state or kentucky. Yeah its college football and anytjing can happen but they wont matchup physical to miss state at the very least  sec west is better than the east maybe only slightly but still better 

I do know this I will be smoking cigars on that 3rd weekend in october 

I didn’t see how UT would beat Kentucky last year, either, but they did. Kentucky, and Miss. St, won’t be as strong next year. With UT on the upswing this year I see the Vols netting victories over both of them. BYU will be tough, but they won’t beat us at Neyland. 

It might be another 10 years before I can smoke that cigar in October....😩

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

I didn’t see how UT would beat Kentucky last year, either, but they did. Kentucky, and Miss. St, won’t be as strong next year. With UT on the upswing this year I see the Vols netting victories over both of them. BYU will be tough, but they won’t beat us at Neyland. 

It might be another 10 years before I can smoke that cigar in October....😩

I'm gonna stick with my 4-5 win season for Tennessee. I heard Knoxville is beautiful and the games are a ton of fun. May have to get there one of these years. 

Your gonna have to wait until saban retires and every time they bring it up to him about retirement his answer is always mrs terry doesnt want me home. 

31 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm gonna stick with my 4-5 win season for Tennessee. I heard Knoxville is beautiful and the games are a ton of fun. May have to get there one of these years. 

Your gonna have to wait until saban retires and every time they bring it up to him about retirement his answer is always mrs terry doesnt want me home. 

Game day is fun at Neyland stadium. I haven’t been to Tuscaloosa, but I remember going to Legion Field in Birmingham in the 80s. 

• Like 1