Who Wins? DLS or STA? (A: STA)

181pl

Who Wins? DLS or STA?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins? DLS or STA?

• De La Salle
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

Which of the DLS teams we've seen in the past is this 2019 team most closely comparable to? Same question for STA. And I don't know if we can answer that just yet; I'm not even sure the folks who follow those teams closely are sure yet. The 2017 STA team gets beat by a lot of DLS teams. The 2018 STA team beats DLS. The 2011 versions of the programs have already played. Etc.

First. I can't speak for STA. I obviously don't know this team like some do here. However, based upon their documented talent level, they look pretty formidable as usual. Sound like the QB position is still an issue, but IMHO STA has enough talent elsewhere to make up for it pretty easily IF it remains an issue. STA has to fly across country. So there's that.

DLS is beginning to remind me a lot of the 2010 team. Tough, agile, with a much better QB and more diverse offense. They'll have skill at all skill positions on both sides of the ball. That you can bet on. The reason that I say tough is because the more that I'm hearing about the OL and DL the more that I like what I'm hearing. That OL is what made the 2010 team special.

The LBs led by Hackett, although didn't shine in 7/7, the coaches apparently aren't as worried as we are. They need to follow us here on PG to get the real scoop. 😁 So we'll see. And it sounds as though Sparty won't have as many two-way players as once thought. That fact, and a long-ass TV game, helps level the playing field a little for DLS I think. 

Don't be surprised if DLS is actually BETTER than last year. In fact, I'm predicting that they will be. The defense will be as good, and the offense is going to be MUCH better and diverse. 

I'm calling my shot (pointing at golfaddict and the rest of the FL boyz )...DLS 28-21😲. STA comes home saying "man, we hate playing on the west coast". 😉😎

• Like 3

I think this will be a very competitive game. DLS will probably be ahead of them in terms of execution and strategy. St Thomas closes that gap with athleticism. If the teams meet at the end of the year I think St Thomas wins. Beginning of the year is when DLS can get them.

• Like 1

wouldn't it be great if we could get an objective post from Canes just giving us an honest breakdown of St Thomas? Of course it won't happen. He'll wait for pops to come on here and then he'll start belittling him, and then they'll go back and forth for 45 pages. But it'd be nice if we had the two biggest fans of each school on the board giving us a good break down.

Although blueliner did a great job.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Which of the DLS teams we've seen in the past is this 2019 team most closely comparable to? Same question for STA. And I don't know if we can answer that just yet; I'm not even sure the folks who follow those teams closely are sure yet. The 2017 STA team gets beat by a lot of DLS teams. The 2018 STA team beats DLS. The 2011 versions of the programs have already played. Etc.

This STA team will be closer to 2017 version than 2018 version

Last year STA I would say is at least 10 points better than the one they will have this year based on my discussions with my sources

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think this will be a very competitive game. DLS will probably be ahead of them in terms of execution and strategy. St Thomas closes that gap with athleticism. If the teams meet at the end of the year I think St Thomas wins. Beginning of the year is when DLS can get them.

You know that Concord is the Mecca of hyper-improvement, don't you? 😁

But seriously. This could easily go like the SJC game for DLS. STA just has so many elite athletes that they may just shock and awe DLS. And you can bet that if STA gets a big lead, they're not going to be out-conditioned down the stretch. DLS has gotta get up early IMHO and get some confidence and then show that they mean business against a heavyweight.

I agree with you. I do think that, despite popular belief, playing STA week 0 helps DLS. I've said this before, I'm pretty stoked that a team like STA is coming to my backyard (NorCal). It doesn't happen very often. The fans in attendance will be in for a treat...they're gonna shit when STA walks out for warmups🤣😎

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, 181pl said:

wouldn't it be great if we could get an objective post from Canes just giving us an honest breakdown of St Thomas? Of course it won't happen. He'll wait for pops to come on here and then he'll start belittling him, and then they'll go back and forth for 45 pages. But it'd be nice if we had the two biggest fans of each school on the board giving us a good break down.

Although blueliner did a great job.

@954gator  or @golfaddict1 would give a much better breakdown than Los and without the bullshit 

Broward Handicapper if he was on here would also be a good person to ask 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

You know that Concord is the Mecca of hyper-improvement, don't you? 😁

But seriously. This could easily go like the SJC game for DLS. STA just has so many elite athletes that they may just shock and awe DLS. And you can bet that if STA gets a big lead, they're not going to be out-conditioned down the stretch. DLS has gotta get up early IMHO and get some confidence and then show that they mean business against a heavyweight.

I agree with you. I do think that, despite popular belief, playing STA week 0 helps DLS. I've said this before, I'm pretty stoked that a team like STA is coming to my backyard (NorCal). It doesn't happen very often. The fans in attendance will be in for a treat...they're gonna shit when STA walks out for warmups🤣😎

Ooookayyyy Rufus,

BGW

• Haha 1

I’m going with STA for one reason only. Florida is exponentially better at football than California is. 

Now Cali can stockpile 2 all star teams by poaching every team in a 100 mile radius to create nationally competitive teams but outside of those transfer factories, California as a whole is pretty basic. 

Mater Dei and SJB are not true reflections of the state. They are reflections of a growing trend in HSFB that all star stacking is the best way to win hollow trophies and get exposure to colleges. 

STA is the same over here, and since DLS is not, I would go with the traveling circus to overwhelm the local private in NorCal. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m going with STA for one reason only. Florida is exponentially better at football than California is. 

Now Cali can stockpile 2 all star teams by poaching every team in a 100 mile radius to create nationally competitive teams but outside of those transfer factories, California as a whole is pretty basic. 

Mater Dei and SJB are not true reflections of the state. They are reflections of a growing trend in HSFB that all star stacking is the best way to win hollow trophies and get exposure to colleges. 

STA is the same over here, and since DLS is not, I would go with the traveling circus to overwhelm the local private in NorCal. 

This is his way of explaining why Florida doesn’t have any Tier 1 teams this year. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

This is his way of explaining why Florida doesn’t have any Tier 1 teams this year. 

Miami Central, MNW, Carol City and STA at minimum are all tier 1. 

How many wins does Florida have to have against Cali tier 1 teams before you get the point? Why are you blind to the trends? 

Who’s funding your propaganda? Who is the puppet master? 

Answer me damn it!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Miami Central, MNW, Carol City and STA at minimum are all tier 1. 

How many wins does Florida have to have against Cali tier 1 teams before you get the point? Why are you blind to the trends? 

Who’s funding your propaganda? Who is the puppet master? 

Answer me damn it!!!!!!!!!!

And when Lakeland beats STA by two touchdowns again they'll be Tier 1 (in reality, maybe not sammyworld)

48 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I have more confidence that Fla will have some Tier 1 teams this year than Nolebull.  He is already making excuses for projected poor performances.

That’s what you got from me saying Florida has at least 4 tier 1 teams? 

Looks like you typed that up before I responded and then just posted it without reading the posts 

• Thumbs Down 1