OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Maybe, but no more appeasing... Assad will go...

And then who will run the show there? Don Jr.?

We never learn these lessons. Maybe just a brief glimpse into the past, not even that long ago, we removed a dictator that used chemical weapons didn't we?

What did we learn? Anything? 

I do applaud the administration for the decision to pop Assad on the top of the hand though. Good job.

Rand Paul tweeted @9:40:  "The President needs Congressional authorization for military action as required by the Constitution."  He also tweeted about the same time:  "While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the United States was not attacked."  There are more tweets.

John McCain and Lindsay Graham totally approved of Trump's decision.

I do NOT mean the above as a political comment.  I am a huge fan of McCain and Graham and have been critical of Rand Paul.  I must admit that I am very surprised at his comment. https://twitter.com/RandPaul  thc6795's comment may be the most prescient:  I, too, wish this was under the UN banner.

I wonder what the Chinese PM thinks of all this?  He has a ringside seat.

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Boots are already there. The ones we know about and the ones we dont. 

There are some.

I think SpecOps are an obvious exception and we have some other units supposedly not in direct contact.  I refer to getting our regulars involved in the general conflict (a la Afghanistan and Iraq).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, concha said:

There are some.

I think SpecOps are an obvious exception and we have some other units supposedly not in direct contact.  I refer to getting our regulars involved in the general conflict (a la Afghanistan and Iraq).

Fox reporting about 1000 American troops 9n deck.

BTW thanks FOX

Iraq is simply a horrific meat grinder.

You have a brutal dictator willing to do just about anything, but there are no clear candidates (let alone palatable ones) to fill the power vacuum upon his removal.

I don't want our young men and women dying in an effort where there is no clear (let alone "good") end game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, concha said:

You have a brutal dictator willing to do just about anything, but there are no clear candidates (let alone palatable ones) to fill the power vacuum upon his removal.

I don't want our young men and women dying in an effort where there is no clear (let alone "good") end game.

It is a 2 edged sword for sure. The problem is the middle east has never known peace. They have been at war one way or another since before Jesus. 

If we sit back do nothing. You get the refugee problem and strengthen ISIS. If we get involved Americans will die

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, concha said:

Well look at that, total agreement.

• Like 1

Putin warned Trump to slow down and think about what he is doing. Trump showed the world he isn't afraid to strike back, not just to get even, but to get ahead. It may cost us more because we didn't have the approval of many US allies. I do think that N. Korea will think about what just happened. I also bet Trump talked it over with China. Trump isn't the fool the media is trying to make him look like.

Russia is paying more attention to the US now I'm sure, as is the rest of the most powerful nations. 

This is an interesting time to watch RT (Russia Today). From RT:  "Pentagon says Russia was given advance warning of strikes on Syria."  They are also saying that "the attack will help the terrorists."

I believe the spin that RT is putting on this is indicative of the Russian government's reaction.