OT: Trump launches military attack against Syrian airfield

BigDrop

4 minutes ago, concha said:

You know what's funny?

I haven't said a single thing in praise of the attack. Not one.

SO, you hate the attack or could care less...you are just here because you think we have a GOP President with balls (like you said).....you get off on it.

Are you a trump cheerleader?...........

You are such a predictable moron it's almost not any fun anymore.....

Oh well, I'm going to bed.

Love you, concha...

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

SO, you hate the attack or could care less...you are just here because you think we have a GOP President with balls (like you said).....you get off on it.

Are you a trump cheerleader?...........

You are such a predictable moron it's almost not any fun anymore.....

Oh well, I'm going to bed.

Love you, concha...

You sound upset, Mary Alice.

Go take a Midol and get some sleep, Dummy.

I sincerely applaud his actions... but the thinking man in me can't help but question the motives

Syrian regufees suffered even harsher devastation in 2013 and Trump is quoted as saying Obama shouldn't intervene... but he intervened because of much less. Also, I saw where he criticized both Bush and Obama for using any type of military force without congressional approval 

i wonder what what has changed his mind... maybe his intent was to prove he's not Putin's bitch at all... and saw this airfield, which coincidentally had the least Russians of all Syrian facilities, as the safest provocation 

i think this was well calculated and I pray it doesn't backfire 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I sincerely applaud his actions... but the thinking man in me can't help but question the motives

Syrian regufees suffered even harsher devastation in 2013 and Trump is quoted as saying Obama shouldn't intervene... but he intervened because of much less. Also, I saw where he criticized both Bush and Obama for using any type of military force without congressional approval 

i wonder what what has changed his mind... maybe his intent was to prove he's not Putin's bitch at all... and saw this airfield, which coincidentally had the least Russians of all Syrian facilities, as the safest provocation 

i think this was well calculated and I pray it doesn't backfire 

The world is a whole lot different when you're the one sitting in the chair.  Unfortunately this is not a job where you can learn as you go. There is no on the job training. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

He chose the Marines because he believed that they were the toughest. 

And he was 100% correct and we have more Esprit de Corps than any group you will find.  May God watch over our Brother.  He earned the EGA and is my brother as well.

Semper Fi.  I support my President in this action and big shout out to the NAVY for projecting our Force in Readiness.  Any Marine that has been to Sea knows how hard those damn Swabbies work and they are damn good at what they do. Long live NAVMC.  The force of readiness around the World.  Let's all hope this doesn't result into a deeper conflict for us.  One thing I learned as a Marine You can never fire a round and think that is the end of it. Eventually you will get incoming.   

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Pretty disappointed that we're already back to fucking around in the Middle East...simply because we saw some pictures that made us sad. 

I don't think that is the reason. I think it's the big talk president knew he had put foot in mouth on the campaign trail and he had to back it up or be deemed weaker than he portrayed his predecessor. 

He took the moment and seized upon it, striking while the iron was hot and many still had those images of babies dying in the forefront of their minds. It comes across as if he's backing up what Obama said with the red line speech in all honesty. President Trump never really said what lines he had as it pertained to Syria and Assad, so the visual is, Obama said this on behalf of the American people, and then Russia worked a deal to save Assad from the "punishment" that would/should have been forthcoming. Once this new chemical attack arose, it became clear that the Russian effort failed or never materialized at all. President Trump merely is keeping the promise in tact, and in spite of all the anti-Obama rhetoric from Trump, there appears to be a seamless transition in the policy as it pertains to Assad and Syria. 

There is no telling how many of these corners that the president has painted himself into by now, will pop up over the next 1383 days:16 hours:05  minutes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think that is the reason. I think it's the big talk president knew he had put foot in mouth on the campaign trail and he had to back it up or be deemed weaker than he portrayed his predecessor. 

He took the moment and seized upon it, striking while the iron was hot and many still had those images of babies dying in the forefront of their minds. It comes across as if he's backing up what Obama said with the red line speech in all honesty. President Trump never really said what lines he had as it pertained to Syria and Assad, so the visual is, Obama said this on behalf of the American people, and then Russia worked a deal to save Assad from the "punishment" that would/should have been forthcoming. Once this new chemical attack arose, it became clear that the Russian effort failed or never materialized at all. President Trump merely is keeping the promise in tact, and in spite of all the anti-Obama rhetoric from Trump, there appears to be a seamless transition in the policy as it pertains to Assad and Syria. 

There is no telling how many of these corners that the president has painted himself into by now, will pop up over the next 1383 days:16 hours:05  minutes. 

You obviously didn't pay much attention to what he said during the campaign. 

That said, the standard wall of text is always appreciated. 

Just now, zulu1128 said:

You obviously didn't pay much attention to what he said during the campaign. 

That said, the standard wall of text is always appreciated. 

Oh, but I did pay attention to what he said. He had no consistent foreign policy at all. Just big and strong talk. We now see that the actual policy is the same. Pretty simple.

Back in 2013:  

Second presidential debate...

Moderator Martha Raddatz, Oct. 9, 2016, presidential debate: Mr. Trump, let me repeat the question. If you were president … what would you do about Syria and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo? And I want to remind you what your running mate said. He said provocations by Russia need to be met with American strength and that if Russia continues to be involved in air strikes along with the Syrian government forces of Assad, the United States of America should be prepared to use military force to strike the military targets of the Assad regime.

Trump: OK. He and I haven’t spoken, and I disagree. I disagree. …

I think you have to knock out ISIS. Right now, Syria is fighting ISIS.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How exactly is he "backing up" what he said on the campaign trail? You've done a nice job above illustrating my point, which is that he's actually doing the opposite...hence my original post.

Just now, zulu1128 said:

How exactly is he "backing up" what he said on the campaign trail? You've done a nice job illustrating my point, which is that he's actually doing the opposite.

I never said he claimed he would attack Syria, he only insinuated that he would be stronger than Obama on these situations. As we see, in spite of previously saying Obama needed congressional approval, he didn't seek it himself. We know that Obama had the red line statement. We know Trump was against action, and we know Obama shopped a military action with congress and in the media and caught a ton of backlash from Trump and congress so he went the diplomatic direction using Kerry to work a deal with Russia. 

Trump's, Obama weak, me strong talk is why we saw this action. He had this type of stuff underlying everything he said during the campaign, even if he didn't literally say it. I paid good attention. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He had this type of stuff underlying everything he said during the campaign, even if he didn't literally say it. I paid good attention. 

You had me up to this point...where you left the rails.

If you find yourself with the need to make up stuff (or at best, use some heretofore unknown Jedi mind powers) about Trump in order to ding him, some introspect is probably in order.

Carry on.

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I never said he claimed he would attack Syria, he only insinuated that he would be stronger than Obama on these situations.

See above. He said he would be stronger than Obama against ISIS. Any "insinuation" past that is you going Full Jedi again.

18 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

You had me up to this point...where you left the rails.

If you find yourself with the need to make up stuff (or at best, use some heretofore unknown Jedi mind powers) about Trump in order to ding him, some introspect is probably in order.

Carry on.

See above. He said he would be stronger than Obama against ISIS. Any "insinuation" past that is you going Full Jedi again.

37 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

"Made us sad" !!!!  How would you stop a bully and this is so much more than,"MAKING US SAD".   Are you crazy???? Assad, if left unchecked, like any bully, will continue.... and must be killed. Hitler  made some people sad too and like you, many minimized him.

Trump campaigned against this kind of shit, and promised that the days of us screwing around with sovereign Middle East states that pose no threat to us was over.

It was one of the things I actually liked about him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

More likely a slap back at nobama for his and others cowardice,under the guise of political correctness...Remember, nobama emboldened Assad by not following up on his statement to "stop Assad" and then, DID NOTHING??? Bullies must be taken out, no matter what... 

OK, rather than the attack being a result of the coal miner lobby group's decision, you're right, it was probably more of a "slap back at nobama." Another good point, well-read one.

• Like 1

Again President Trump could be the second coming of Christ, he still wouldn't be good enough. If he did nothing you would complain he was a coward. He attacked so now he is going back on his promises. Nothing he does will ever be enough for most of you. So many on this site seem to have all the answers and know so much. Yet are nothing but high school football board genius's.  This is America you can do and be whoever you want to be. Go make a difference run for office. Or stfu and appreciate those who do.

55 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

More likely a slap back at nobama for his and others cowardice,under the guise of political correctness...Remember, nobama emboldened Assad by not following up on his statement to "stop Assad" and then, DID NOTHING??? Bullies must be taken out, no matter what... 

barry is still drawing that red line in the sand and trying to decide what to do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Although action need to be taken I wished it was under the UN flag, as someone else pointed out.  

Not sure what the exit strategy is, but not looking for a prolonged US engagement.  We will see how things unfold

The nice thing about cruise missiles and precision-guided munitions is the exit strategy:  You just don't shoot or drop any more of them.

• Like 2