The Terrorist. El Paso mass shooting

DevilDog

Just now, noonereal said:

😥

Looks like they won. 

The El Paso police Chief just stated that the shooter is from Allen just as my Mexican Friend texted to me.  So this MotherFucker lived within 15 mile radius of me.  What if he chose to hit the CostCo near me?  It doesn't have a lot of minorities that visit it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

DD...if you have the permit etc to carry them carry on brother.  You never know and you could save lives. My buddy carries and he recently stopped a robbery at a convenience store...said the guy was really sick and feltvhe would have started firing at will...until my buddies barrel met his temple.

This happens to often in Texas.  I am not bloviating my girl is scared to go out.  No Movies at all and Insist I bring my weapon when we go to a restaurant.  I can't believe I have to do this in my own Country. White, Black, Brown,  Repub or Democrat.  These bastards don't ask that before they shoot your ass.  And he did drop a racist manifesto.  The El Paso Police Chief is on the News right now.  But will not name the suspect but did say he is from Allen TX. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

in today's society with a fear of guns I can totally understand people being upset if they see somebody with a gun on their hip. As pro-gun as I am I understand their concern again especially in today's society. Now keeping one with a ankle holster is a whole different story. but still if you've got the permit carry 24/7 and make your little lady feel as safe as possible then applaud you!

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Thank God for the main stream media. 

I have them side by side with firefighters as the Americans I most admire.

I took them for granted my entire life but in the age of TRump, I learned just how important they are. How heroic. 

Just.....wow. 

...and I'm still waiting for your solutions to end these killings.

• Like 1

This is not a gun issue. This is not a racial issue. This not a Trump issue. This is not a past indiscretion by white people issue. This is a mental health issue. I might hate green people, but I'm not going to go shoot up a spaceship full of them and spend the rest of my days in prison thinking about what I did....just because I don't like green people. Doesn't make any damn sense. This is a mental health issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now saying 20 dead with 9 still in critical condition.

I'm not for blaming anyone but the shooters when these sorts of crimes happen, but lets not pretend this is something it wasn't. This guy wanted to kill Mexicans. Unless some extraordinary evidence comes out to the contrary later on, this was a hate crime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This is not a gun issue. This is not a racial issue. This not a Trump issue. This is not a past indiscretion by white people issue. This is a mental health issue. I might hate green people, but I'm not going to go shoot up a spaceship full of them and spend the rest of my days in prison thinking about what I did. 

The vast majority of these mass shooters are white, but the crimes rarely appear to be racial.  The are usually young, and often from communities like Allen and Columbine - not the children of out of work steelworkers.  What it means, I do not know - but the answers do not appear easy, because we do not know why it is happening more.  The crimes like these are pure evil, fueled by a deep anger at life - not a dissatisfaction with the direction of the country.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The vast majority of these mass shooters are white, but the crimes rarely appear to be racial.  The are usually young, and often from communities like Allen and Columbine - not the children of out of work steelworkers.  What it means, I do not know - but the answers do not appear easy, because we do not know why it is happening more.  The crimes like these are pure evil, fueled by a deep anger at life - not a dissatisfaction with the direction of the country.

This is the best read I’ve seen on subject and I’ve studied over 1000 mass shootings. This sums it up best. Take what ya will from it if ya want to read it but I believe it’s spot on. 

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/who-are-mass-shooters-mass-shooter-demographics-part-2/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

This is the best read I’ve seen on subject and I’ve studied over 1000 mass shootings. This sums it up best. Take what ya will from it if ya want to read it but I believe it’s spot on. 

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/who-are-mass-shooters-mass-shooter-demographics-part-2/

There are different types of mass shootings, comparing them is like apples and oranges.  But these random, indiscriminate killings without an apparent reason other than deep anger do seem to be linked with relatively well to do young white males.  But maybe I am all wet.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Agree 100%. I can't dispute the facts eg. skin color etc. But these are mentally sick/evil individuals no matter how ya slice it. And for whatever reason, they have deep-seeded anger in addition to being sick. No "sane" person would do this. As you said, we don't know why there is an increase in incidents like this by the aforementioned group of people, but this isn't terrorism as the OP seems to have concluded. It's mental illness. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Champa said:

Now saying 20 dead with 9 still in critical condition.

I'm not for blaming anyone but the shooters when these sorts of crimes happen, but lets not pretend this is something it wasn't. This guy wanted to kill Mexicans. Unless some extraordinary evidence comes out to the contrary later on, this was a hate crime.

You made your point. I would suggest that you wait for said evidence before you continue to act upon your unsupported claim that it's a hate crime. Be responsible. 

26 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Agree 100%. I can't dispute the facts eg. skin color etc. But these are mentally sick/evil individuals no matter how ya slice it. And for whatever reason, they have deep-seeded anger in addition to being sick. No "sane" person would do this. As you said, we don't know why there is an increase in incidents like this by the aforementioned group of people, but this isn't terrorism as the OP seems to have concluded. It's mental illness. 

The only reason I shy away from the term “mental illness” is I do not believe these people are insane or psychotic usually, although they are very disturbed and angry.  The type who sets a kitten on fire.  Of course that is a type of mental illness, but not one that excuses their actions.  Along that line, the area around Plano I believe has been known for very high levels of teenage drug use and teenage suicides - again in a very well to do area in the Dallas suburbs.  We certainly do have some very lost and disturbed youth in this country, even in families of “privilege”.

• Like 2

I’m sorry as much as some of y’all love the Rights to own fire arms, our forefathers Was never talking about no AK47

no matter color of our skin everyone got real scum bags and clinically insane fuck ups...I use to support firearms but that’s what’s the cops get paid the big $$ for I’d say I wouldn’t trust 80% of people I know if they had guns.. all it takes is one to many drinks or ur GF cheating on u or losing ur house and job for someone to snap and start shooting

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m sorry as much as some of y’all love the Rights to own fire arms, our forefathers Was never talking about no AK47

no matter color of our skin everyone got real scum bags and clinically insane fuck ups...I use to support firearms but that’s what’s the cops get paid the big $$ for I’d say I wouldn’t trust 80% of people I know if they had guns.. all it takes is one to many drinks or ur GF cheating on u or losing ur house and job for someone to snap and start shooting

Cops get paid big money??? WTF Man? Split decision life or death possibilities everyday...big money?  Put down the pipe son!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The only reason I shy away from the term “mental illness” is I do not believe these people are insane or psychotic usually, although they are very disturbed and angry.  The type who sets a kitten on fire.  Of course that is a type of mental illness, but not one that excuses their actions.  Along that line, the area around Plano I believe has been known for very high levels of teenage drug use and teenage suicides - again in a very well to do area in the Dallas suburbs.  We certainly do have some very lost and disturbed youth in this country, even in families of “privilege”.

Good post. I certainly wasn't suggesting that all mentally ill people should have their actions excused. Most SHOULD be punished accordingly. As health care professional, you certainly understand the different levels of mental illness. I simply mean troubled, mentally ill, depressed, schizophrenic or whatever, these people aren't right in the head at the time of their actions. How they got to that point is a case by case, I'd guess. Simply claiming racism or hate crime 5 minutes after the incident is a little lazy. 

In my opinion, it's not racism on that guttural, primordial level of hate that some individuals are claiming. It's more of all the things that you just mentioned. In this case, Mexicans may have became the targets of his "illness" and evilness. And if he isn't executed, he'll realize one day that what he did was wrong. I'm guessing he probably regrets it already. I'll bet my bottom dollar that this kid isn't going to go to his death yelling Heil Hitler with a swastika tattooed to his forehead. 

Thanks for your insight, brother👍

So what do we do now? 

Pray? I believe in God whole heatedly but I also believe God wants us to use the brains he gave us to come up with a solution... 

Deflect to gun violence in another city or state to ignore the situation at hand? 

Blame it on racial statistics or some BS?

Discuss gun laws for all of 1 hour then some big NRA Meat puppet steps in to tell us that you can't take our guns... ?

Or Throw it on the back burner until it happens again? 

Im sad this shit keeps happening but it's the same cycle.... 

Always the same song and dance... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just read his Manifesto. It's very similar to other disenfranchised loner spree killing males who see their world threatened by others unlike themselves. He's not a total "right wing whacko" but he does toe the line pretty well. He appears somewhat reasoned and intelligent; but crazy as bat shit like all other mass killers. He uses several inflammatory catch phases of Trump. Although this fool was clearly nuts way before King Orange. My main issue with the current occupant of the White House is his daily disrespect and the dangerous language he uses to denigrate others.  Not saying this young man needed Trump to "go off"  but when the most powerful human on earth "speaks your language" that could be the final impetus for wack jobs like this guy. To me, the reading of these manifesto's, writings, post, and other written materials could give mental health experts a better understanding in how to catch these boys before they act on their deadly impulses.            

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

Just read his Manifesto. It's very similar to other disenfranchised loner spree killing males who see their world threatened by others unlike themselves. He's not a total "right wing whacko" but he does toe the line pretty well. He appears somewhat reasoned and intelligent; but crazy as bat shit like all other mass killers. He uses several inflammatory catch phases of Trump. Although this fool was clearly nuts way before King Orange. My main issue with the current occupant of the White House is his daily disrespectful and the dangerous language he uses to denigrate others.  Not saying this young man needed Trump to "go off"  but when the most powerful human on earth "speaks your language" that could be the final impetus for a wack jobs like this guy. To me, the reading of these manifesto's, writings, post, and other written materials could give mental health experts a better understanding in how to catch these boys before they act on their deadly impulses.            

Do you have a link to it?