BNU Scrimmage schedule

Hardcore Troubador

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.northjersey.com/amp/1890575001

Scrimmage schedule is up.  Few thoughts:

1. SPP vs. Joes Hammonton should be interesting.  Hammonton returns a lot I think from last years NP2 championship team.

2. Mater Dei scrimmaging both Bosco and PC.  Love that they’re challenging themselves.

3. Bosco seems to always have people willing to scrimmage them, while conversely, SJR, and BC especially, seem to trouble finding opponents (BC only has Red Bank Catholic before the regular season starts).

Anyone recommend seeing any scrimmages in particular?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

1. SPP vs. Joes Hammonton should be interesting.  Hammonton returns a lot I think from last years NP2 championship team.

2. Mater Dei scrimmaging both Bosco and PC.  Love that they’re challenging themselves.

3. Bosco seems to always have people willing to scrimmage them, while conversely, SJR, and BC especially, seem to trouble finding opponents (BC only has Red Bank Catholic before the regular season starts).

Bosco vs Mater Dei will give us an early idea of what to expect from Bosco this year. Mater Dei will go all out for this scrimmage because they want to become a serious program.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

But Bosco is no longer a serious opponent...If Bosco does not dominate in scrimmages, their first two game will be wipeouts...

15 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Bosco vs Mater Dei will give us an early idea of what to expect from Bosco this year. Mater Dei will go all out for this scrimmage because they want to become a serious program.

Bosco plays SJB on 8/30 so doubt starters going to play more than a qtr.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, Drummer61 said:

Prep....a guy I played with is going to this game and told me, " this could be a bad one"..ie Miami Central or worse, Pope Pius years ago in Passaic...

It could be ugly I agree. My only hope is that being sister schools that SJB calls off the dogs but then again their 2nd & 3rd teamers want to make plays also. I just don't want to see a MD/BC score...what was that? 70-7 or something like that.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, prep82 said:

It could be ugly I agree. My only hope is that being sister schools that SJB calls off the dogs but then again their 2nd & 3rd teamers want to make plays also. I just don't want to see a MD/BC score...what was that? 70-7 or something like that.

I am saying it here and now for all to see ...Bosco will win this game... guarantee!

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, prep82 said:

I'd be shocked if this were not the score.

The "alumni that matter" decided to end football at Bosco so it was done.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, Hardcore Troubador said:

SCHEDULE ALERT.... Saturday's football scrimmage between Pope John and St. Joe's will be 10 a.m. at St. Joe's (being moved from Pope John).