BobbySanchez

The game that shocked the world, Miami Central blows out Don Bosco 50-21

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Never in doubt. 21-7 from the 2nd  quarter till the 42 second mark of the 4th

21-7 even doesn’t warrant a description of throughly dominated. Perhaps saying beat soundly. Thoroughly dominated implies woodshed. 

That’s just me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbySanchez said:

Let's not kid ourselves though. That DBP team was still really, really fucking good. 

DBP lost to DePaul the following week. For the first time in its 50+ year football history. In Ramsey. By 10 points. 

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I remember this was very bad and blatant..giving MV a chance at OT

Mission Viejo ran a sweep for the walk off TD in OT. The Iron Men simply got ran over. The better team won on that night . DBP posters cried foul for weeks . 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Mission Viejo ran a sweep for the walk off TD in OT. The Iron Men simply got ran over. The better team won on that night . DBP posters cried foul for weeks . 

This horse is beat to death. 

Bosco did have a 50 yard td called back on a bogus block penalty  by TE Sweeney. But that’s ok. 

MV was lucky not to play DePaul that night who “thoroughly dominated” Bosco the following week by 10 in regulation in ramsey. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DBP lost to DePaul the following week. For the first time in its 50+ year football history. In Ramsey. By 10 points. 

Beat me to it..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, if you mean losing in Ramsey...

But DePaul and Bosco rarely played each other.  Before 2012 they met only twice.  Bosco won 13-0 in '58 (DePaul did not have seniors at that time) & DePaul won 26-6 (and it wasn't really that close!) in "81.  (The latter game was in Wayne.  So I guess you can say that DePaul didn't beat Bosco "in Ramsey" in 50+ years simply on that basis...)

DePaul's beaten Bosco twice, isn't it, since 2012?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Let's not kid ourselves though. That DBP team was still really, really fucking good. Miami Central was just on another level that year.

Mhmmm no. Examples of “really, really fucking good” DBP teams would be 02, 03, 06, 09, 10 and 11 with 2015 and 2008 a tier below. That 2013 team that played MC had a lot of tough kids but loses to all the prior stated Bosco teams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJSportsfan10 said:

Mhmmm no. Examples of “really, really fucking good” DBP teams would be 02, 03, 06, 09, 10 and 11 with 2015 and 2008 a tier below. That 2013 team that played MC had a lot of tough kids but loses to all the prior stated Bosco teams. 

I think -- if I read Bobby correctly -- he means to say that MC was on a different level than Bosco "that year."   I feel confident in saying this because Bobby uses that words "that year" in his post.

So I tend to agree with him, both that Bosco was really good that year -- I prefer to  omit the expletive! -- and that MC was indeed on a different level than Bosco...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Let's not kid ourselves though. That DBP team was still really, really fucking good. Miami Central was just on another level that year.

And got beat by BTW by double digits that year!  Crazy.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

I believe there was a play that DBP got hosed on that got the game to OT...too long ago for my memory....the year before MV got hammered in NJ 35-7

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

This is probably UNHEARD or THINKABLE for everybody to do this. At the time. DBP was fresh off 2 MNC titles and destroyed every OOS team they played. But Joseph Yearby and Dalvin Cook probably could have played in D-1 at this point and the DBP parents were thankful to never see those two nightmares ever again. They had "Jabrill Peppers" type speed and talent.

This probably sold me on Miami football.

Truly a wonderful team.

You should be proud.

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Back then,  every DBP loss was blamed on homecooking

Even some wins. Most notably the obscene calls and disruptions at Manatee. 

Most was true, heck, you need to expect that when you were who Bosco was at the time.

Still, the most blatant, corrupt high school game I ever saw was between Prattville vs Hoover in the state title game. About 10 years ago. 

That and the OH vs FL game a year or two before that,. Glennville was it vs.... I dont recall. But it was flagrant.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Most was true, heck, you need to expect that when you were who Bosco was at the time.

Still, the most blatant, corrupt high school game I ever saw was between Prattville vs Hoover in the state title game. About 10 years ago. 

That and the OH vs FL game a year or two before that,. Glennville was it vs.... I dont recall. But it was flagrant.  

Of late, DBP at Manatee and SFA at Lee County were the two worst officiated games in my memory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

That night was the most spectacular collective meltdown by a team fanbase in forum history. It was talked about for months. 

There was about a 5 year stretch there where no fanbase cried about the refs more than DBP. Pretty much every game thread was comedy gold. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

People are downplaying that DBP team that got blown out by Miami Central to sort of discredit MC. But I'm saying that DBP beat SJR pretty handily, the score was close but I watched that whole game DBP was really impressive and SJR struggled mightily and SJR that year was the #1 team in NJ. MV should have lost to DBP, and MV that year was Top 5 in California no doubt, and all of DBP loses were very close except to MC.

NJ back in 2013 wasn't unheard of for them to have 3 teams in the Top 25. So for MC to do that was very, very impressive.

46 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Think it was Glenville-Dwyer. Jacoby Brissett (I think) broke the plane of the GL on a QB sneak, yet it was not ruled a score. Dwyer lost, and cameras caught TE Nick O'Leary flipping the bird after.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Think it was Glenville-Dwyer. Jacoby Brissett (I think) broke the plane of the GL on a QB sneak, yet it was not ruled a score. Dwyer lost, and cameras caught TE Nick O'Leary flipping the bird after.

You got it! Was that around 08 or is my memory off?

1 minute ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I think he more than broke the plane...his back foot was on the goal line, and his front foot was 2’ into the endzone lol. 

Not a great day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I believe there was a play that DBP got hosed on that got the game to OT...too long ago for my memory....the year before MV got hammered in NJ 35-7

The Bosco QB got hammered by an attacking Mission Viejo defense. After a vicious but clean decleater, he looked like Tyson looking for his mouthpiece while trying to find his helmet and stagger back to the huddle. No wonder they lost the following week. SoCal surfers got the better of the jersey boys that night. No matter how you spin it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1