The game that shocked the world, Miami Central blows out Don Bosco 50-21

BobbySanchez

20 hours ago, steeler01 said:

DBP was fresh off an 8-3 season and had just lost to Mission Viejo(Got thoroughly dominated by MD in the playoffs) in overtime. 

Not a surprising outcome considering central was a top 5 team in the country

Thank you 

this game only shocked people because DBP kept it competitive for a half 

DBP was already NOT DBP and let’s call MC and top 6, not 5 team — that was year CA, TX, and FL each had 2 teams that were top 6

CA and TX met in playoffs — I think FL (btw and Mc) were 3 classes apart but played a 1v2 game in regular season 

14 hours ago, noonereal said:

Even some wins. Most notably the obscene calls and disruptions at Manatee. 

Manatee's last touchdown call was terrible.

But nothing else was obscene. It's just that Bosco fans had developed a superiority complex at the time and couldn't handle a close game.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But nothing else was obscene. It's just that Bosco fans had developed a superiority complex at the time and couldn't handle a close game.

I thought Manatee got the benefit of the doubt that year against Dwyer in the playoffs too.   They got some lucky bounces that game also. 

On the flip side I think Manatee got a very harsh whistle vs Good Council that year.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

Thank you 

this game only shocked people because DBP kept it competitive for a half 

DBP was already NOT DBP and let’s call MC and top 6, not 5 team — that was year CA, TX, and FL each had 2 teams that were top 6

CA and TX met in playoffs — I think FL (btw and Mc) were 3 classes apart but played a 1v2 game in regular season 

Please name 5 teams on the field that were better than MC in 2013? Please don't go off computer rankings or human polls. I can only name two BTW and possibly SJB.  

19 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The refs stopped boscos hurry up offense cold! They literally were never allowed by the refs to use it.

19 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Allen was legit too.   That's it though IMO.   

Not saying they weren't. I'm just trying what other teams were better than them in 2013? They lost to a REALLY good BTW team that team that year. taking nothing away from BTW, but in that game our secondary was undermanned due to injury. Cook and Yearby had to play both ways, in fact BTW scored on a play where Cook got mixed up and blew the coverage. I can't blame him solely as that was not his everyday position. And the last TD BTW scored to make it a double digit win was on a pick 6 at the end of the game that the kids gave up on trying to tackle because the game was all but over at that point.   

5 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Not saying they weren't. I'm just trying what other teams were better than them in 2013? They lost to a REALLY good BTW team that team that year. taking nothing away from BTW, but in that game our secondary was undermanned due to injury. Cook and Yearby had to play both ways, in fact BTW scored on a play where Cook got mixed up and blew the coverage. I can't blame him solely as that was not his everyday position. And the last TD BTW scored to make it a double digit when was on a pick 6 at the end of the game that the kids gave up on trying to tackle because the game was all but over at that point.   

Trust me I was very surprised BTW won that game.   I'd feel good about those two teams against anyone that year.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Please name 5 teams on the field that were better than MC in 2013? Please don't go off computer rankings or human polls. I can only name two BTW and possibly SJB.  

Add allen, de Soto, and DLS

and those 6 were all in someone’s top 5 and no one else was 

I was teasing steeler a bit that he excluded my school — don’t think you ought to be offended — mC, de Soto, and DLS all lost to btw, Allen, and SJB but they were probably 3 next best teams (btw, SJB was better than btw)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Add allen, de Soto, and DLS

and those 6 were all in someone’s top 5 and no one else was 

I was teasing steeler a bit that he excluded my school — don’t think you ought to be offended — mC, de Soto, and DLS all lost to btw, Allen, and SJB but they were probably 3 next best teams (btw, SJB was better than btw)

I find this very comical.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Sure thing bud.   On paper lol.  

I said on paper or on the field 

you FL guys normally prefer on paper since your SOS always sucks 

happy to do line-ups or schedule but the only reason btw finished ahead of SJB is they played MC in September and SJB played DLS in December 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I said on paper or on the field 

you FL guys normally prefer on paper since your SOS always sucks 

happy to do line-ups or schedule but the only reason btw finished ahead of SJB is they played MC in September and SJB played DLS in December 

Little University School most likely had more talent than any team SJB played.    Prove me wrong.  

Just now, 954gator said:

@Pops   name me the most talented teams SJB and Allen played that year.   

I don’t want to be your admin so you can talk about allen

SJB beat the most talented DLS team that had ever been beaten after navigating the toughest playoffs in country 

btw beat MC in September and survived against a mediocre BG team in a game decided in final minutes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

Little University School most likely had more talent than any team SJB played.    Prove me wrong.  

They lost to all 3 top 1500 teams they played So what does it matter how talented they are 

no state does less with more talent than FL — how are STA’s 2nd string guys with SEC offers handling the Aquinas depth chart 

I’m sure glad that with a 30-2 D1 advantage STA has to negotiate an early start time so the kids don’t get sleepy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I've always said it's dumb to definitively say who was best most years especially in 2013, but when you are talking on paper I call BS.   

I didn’t definitively say who was best 

i was accurately portraying the consensus in 2013 though 

Clear top 3

and clear next 3 that they beat 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

They lost to all 3 top 1500 teams they played So what does it matter how talented they are 

no state does less with more talent than FL — how are STA’s 2nd string guys with SEC offers handling the Aquinas depth chart 

I’m sure glad that with a 30-2 D1 advantage STA has to negotiate an early start time so the kids don’t get sleepy 

Oh please what can we compare to definitively if not talent.   DLS would have NO WAY of stopping Central or BTW.