The game that shocked the world, Miami Central blows out Don Bosco 50-21

BobbySanchez

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

They lost to all 3 top 1500 teams they played So what does it matter how talented they are 

no state does less with more talent than FL — how are STA’s 2nd string guys with SEC offers handling the Aquinas depth chart 

I’m sure glad that with a 30-2 D1 advantage STA has to negotiate an early start time so the kids don’t get sleepy 

Who here is talking about STA?    

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Oh please what can we compare to definitively if not talent.   DLS would have NO WAY of stopping Central or BTW.   

I honestly think you’re speaking out your ass based on STA hosting DLS 8 years ago 

the 2013 DLS team was MUCH bigger than 2011 and had the 2nd most D1s of any DLS team (behind only 2003) — I think they would have beat SJB if they had come together half as well as most DLS teams but they had a lot of egos and didn’t 

They were also coming off a 4-peat if the Open where the avg MOV was about 4 TDs

SJB had the #1 QB in his class and he wasn’t their best player — this was THE team that launched the age of the academy teams 

anyone that compares full body of work will give edge to SJB but BTW won the timing war and MNC 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So not one highly talented opponent of SJB or Allen that can compare to puny University School?    

No idea about that, but I would say the most talented team Allen faced that year was Desoto. FWIW: I thought Desoto vs MC or BTW that year would have been a fantastic game. NO idea how they would have fared against University School.

5 minutes ago, playballintxandmi said:

No idea about that, but I would say the most talented team Allen faced that year was Desoto. FWIW: I thought Desoto vs MC or BTW that year would have been a fantastic game. NO idea how they would have fared against University School.

I only am talking about University School because Pops claims the teams BTW and MC played were weak lol.   A lot of those "weak" teams were more stacked than the highly rated Cali schools. 

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I only am talking about University School because Pops claims the teams BTW and MC played were weak lol.   A lot of those "weak" teams were more stacked than the highly rated Cali schools. 

Top 3 Btw, Allen and SJB beat top 6 MC, de Soto, and DLS 

one game was in September and that team jumped to #1 in all the human pills which don’t change unless you lose 

however, Just comparing the rest of the schedules between SJB and btw, SJB played 10 other Top 250 teams while BTW played 2 (University was ranked in 300s)

I’m NOT definitively saying who was better or would win — would be a great game imho — I am saying I think the reason BtW was consensus among humans was timing 

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

The trinity League was not what it now back then, not even close but it WAS rated similarly.    This is an error that you take seriously.    SJB's schedule wasn't more difficult than BTW or MCs.   So when you say "on paper" I say BS.   TALENT is on paper my friend. 

2013 BTW were the National Champs.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=f2efe20f-77d5-42d9-a2eb-ed662b379dd6

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I honestly think you’re speaking out your ass based on STA hosting DLS 8 years ago 

the 2013 DLS team was MUCH bigger than 2011 and had the 2nd most D1s of any DLS team (behind only 2003) — I think they would have beat SJB if they had come together half as well as most DLS teams but they had a lot of egos and didn’t 

They were also coming off a 4-peat if the Open where the avg MOV was about 4 TDs

SJB had the #1 QB in his class and he wasn’t their best player — this was THE team that launched the age of the academy teams 

anyone that compares full body of work will give edge to SJB but BTW won the timing war and MNC 

So discuss this body of work then.     

You see Boynton Beach in maxpreps ranked what 3000+ and fail to realize they were talented as hell and led by Lamar Jackson.   The further back you go the dumber the computer ratings were.  

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

On the flip side I think Manatee got a very harsh whistle vs Good Council that year.   

The two worst calls I've ever seen that actually affected the outcome of a game:

(1) Dwyer on the goal line against Glenville

(2) Manatee on a ball spot on 4th down in OT against Good Counsel

• Like 1

DLS state champ gets blown out by STA in 2011, then hides against quality OOS until they are stacked in 2015.   LOSES.   Yet we are supposed to believe that they were great in those years they hid OOS?   

Don't get me wrong they have stepped up their game in recent years, but don't make me laugh.  

27 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So discuss this body of work then.     

You see Boynton Beach in maxpreps ranked what 3000+ and fail to realize they were talented as hell and led by Lamar Jackson.   The further back you go the dumber the computer ratings were.  

Do you think the fact that the computers and humans usually agree on 8 or 9 of top 10 teams mean the computers are pretty good or the humans follow the computers?

a stud or two doesn’t make a great team — joe mixon Gained 4 yards on DLS as a junior in a 70-7 loss and he wasn’t even their best offensive skills guy — that was a senior WR that I think went to UW but forgot his name — he returned the kick off at 70-0 for a TD — I remember because he was towing the goal line and had to eelreach above his head to even make it returnable — 2 best players on the field and they get crushed worse than league teams that usually have more capable players on field 

CP misses some for sure, but it’s usually because they didn’t play anyone to show themselves better (ie JC ‘12)

PS. Another one that I thought was a miss was that Camden team that gave a  very good STA team fits

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Do you think the fact that the computers and humans usually agree on 8 or 9 of top 10 teams mean the computers are pretty good or the humans follow the computers?

a stud or two doesn’t make a great team — joe mixon Gained 4 yards on DLS as a junior in a 70-7 loss and he wasn’t even their best offensive skills guy — that was a senior WR that I think went to UW but forgot his name — he returned the kick off at 70-0 for a TD — I remember because he was towing the goal line and had to eelreach above his head to even make it returnable — 2 best players on the field and they get crushed worse than league teams that usually have more capable players on field 

CP misses some for sure, but it’s usually because they didn’t play anyone to show themselves better (ie JC ‘12)

A stud or two?   We are talking stacked teams.   

CP should have missed on DLS then, but no, they had superior SOS's back then.   Such and such Valley were monstars nobody wanted to play.   Please.  

University school (AKA easy opponent)

DE Brian Burns NFL

RB Jordan Scarlett NFL

DB Quincy Wilson NFL

WR Sam Bruce Miami

QB Sean WHite Auburn

DE Richard Yeargin III  Clemson

CB  Rashard Causey   UCF

DL Brandon Boyce  Duke

CB  Marco Wilson   UF

RB Lajuan Hunt Utah st

LB  Brandon Russell    Rutgers

LB Bradley Clement   FAU 

Oline was big too and also had some guys go on to play.   

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Booker T. Washington 28, Bishop Gorman 12

De La Salle 21, Serra 14

I wasn’t making a case for DLS

that game should have ended the Norcal streak — DLS was down 14-7 with about 3 minutes left and Serra kicking a FG

serra is a good team that plays DLS as well as anyone (pound for pound) — their coach held DLS rushing record for 20 years and was star of first streak team (I know you know this but FYI for the crowd)

ive already said many times this DLS team very talented but didn’t ever hit on all cylinders — I think top 6 fair but wouldn’t argue 7 or 8 

was clearly speaking about SJB 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

No it wasn't lol.