Texas Teams...

BobbySanchez

33 minutes ago, pied said:

I think you're the one making it more complicated than need be.  This stems from a very simple question and a relatively (for me lol) straight forward answer.

BS!! You’re doing reference to playoff rounds and ignoring scores in those rounds. As a result of these scores, I’m arguing Allen is not the Allen they us to be. (‘19-‘21 have been their weakest teams in about a decade) 

Ill ask again, has Allen recently been a better team than they were in ‘17 and ‘18? It doesn’t get any more direct than that (seeing as you are using what they did in ‘17 and ‘18 to justify them now) 

4 hours ago, pied said:

Also predicting, many will place WAY more importance and ramifications on it than it deserves. :) 

I'm sure Maxpreps and other media outlets will have St. John Bosco vs Allen as the biggest game of the year, or at least top 3. While it definitely is a marquee game, I don't think it'll come close to being the matchup that some people and outlets are gonna make it out to be. I think SJB, MD, SFA, IMG type schools are slowly but surely creating their own tier. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I'm sure Maxpreps and other media outlets will have St. John Bosco vs Allen as the biggest game of the year, or at least top 3. While it definitely is a marquee game, I don't think it'll come close to being the matchup that some people and outlets are gonna make it out to be. I think SJB, MD, SFA, IMG type schools are slowly but surely creating their own tier. 

This might be breaking news to Negro.

I believe he thinks he’s on the normal public high school football tier and he and Rollo are just god’s gift to high school football coaching.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Horsefly said:

BS!! You’re doing reference to playoff rounds and ignoring scores in those rounds. As a result of these scores, I’m arguing Allen is not the Allen they us to be. (‘19-‘21 have been their weakest teams in about a decade) 

Ill ask again, has Allen recently been a better team than they were in ‘17 and ‘18? It doesn’t get any more direct than that (seeing as you are using what they did in ‘17 and ‘18 to justify them now) 

No, I do no think they are as good or will be next year as they were in 17/18.  

I'll ask you the same question that was asked of me.  Do you think Allen will be better than last season?

Just now, pied said:

No, I do no think they are as good or will be next year as they were in 17/18.  

I'll ask you the same question that was asked of me.  Do you think Allen will be better than last season?

I can’t answer that now, I have no idea how they’ll address a new OL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pied said:

LOL, who knows?!? I think it got started, at this post and the bolded comments for me

To me, this seems to be alluding to them not doing very well.  

To me, three undefeated seasons and losing to teams that did well in the playoffs is pretty good.  

To me, losing two regular season games last year to teams that did well in the playoff and your playoff game to a QF team, isn't terrible.

Now, it seems the conversation has turned to, ~well yeah those teams went far in the playoffs, but they weren't any good anyway.  

Depends on the standards of the fan base. 

Some are realistic and know Allen has offensive issues that can't be solved by just plugging in a QB... regardless of whether QB is a 4* or not.  Not to mention a D that's been known for being to prideful to make adjustments.

(Forgot to mention learning a "new" offense)

If they fix these problems (and it's possible). ..they are capable of winning State.  However...based on what I've saw the last 2 seasons...they are nowhere close to ready for SJB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

Depends on the standards of the fan base. 

Some are realistic and know Allen has offensive issues that can't be solved by just plugging in a QB... regardless of whether QB is a 4* or not.  Not to mention a D that's been known for being to prideful to make adjustments.

(Forgot to mention learning a "new" offense)

If they fix these problems (and it's possible). ..they are capable of winning State.  However...based on what I've saw the last 2 seasons...they are nowhere close to ready for SJB.

Remember that fiasco we saw vs Rockwall? My goodness that was a bad defense 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why do you think they will be better than last year pied? 

Stated it yesterday(copy/paste below).  To expand slightly, I think QB play is huge in HS football.  Second year starter is helpful.  I also think Chad Morris is a good coach and think his second year, first full one will help them improve.   

I can't say for sure, but when you start a soph QB for a year at a school like Allen, he likely is pretty good and Hawkins appears to be so.  

Can only think one more year is going to help him out and certanly would expect improvement in Chad Morriss' second season. 

Losing Hicks isn't great, but yeah, I would say Allen will be a better team than last year.  

3 minutes ago, pied said:

Stated it yesterday(copy/paste below).  To expand slightly, I think QB play is huge in HS football.  Second year starter is helpful.  I also think Chad Morris is a good coach and think his second year, first full one will help them improve.   

I can't say for sure, but when you start a soph QB for a year at a school like Allen, he likely is pretty good and Hawkins appears to be so.  

Can only think one more year is going to help him out and certanly would expect improvement in Chad Morriss' second season. 

Losing Hicks isn't great, but yeah, I would say Allen will be a better team than last year.  

We’ll see, relative to everyone else that will be in their competitive tier, they’ll have their hands full

• Like 1

Allen football for the next 100 years will be measured by the 2017 and 2018 Allen teams.

In the year 2043 Texans will say (some of them anyways) "yeah, but will Allen be as good as 2017 and 2018, how do you feel about it?, I'm not liking their chances)> in the big game.

That's funny and so damn weak!

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

It would be like me saying when Allen played and beat Evangel Christian 27-10 a couple years ago.....

Before the game >

'yeah, but do you think Evangel will be as good as the Evangel team that smacked State Champ Lufkin, TX around in 2001 and in 2002, I don't feel good about it, not liking their chances)-LMAO

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We’ll see, relative to everyone else that will be in their competitive tier, they’ll have their hands full

Yeah, they certainly have a tough schedule.  Probably be a couple ways to look back and judge their improvement I'd say.

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

It would be like me saying when Allen played and beat Evangel Christian 27-10 a couple years ago.....

Before the game >

'yeah, but do you think Evangel will be as good as the Evangel team that smacked State Champ Lufkin, TX around in 2001 and in 2002, I don't feel good about it, not liking their chances)-LMAO

Didn't you pretty much do that anyways?

This kind of stuff is pretty standard for OOS talk.  

The losing side goes to lengths to show how that team wasn't representative and were beat or played close by all these teams.

The winning side, does almost the same thing.  They point out that their state's team that beat the BIG BAD OOS school really wasn't all that because they either lost or were played close by local teams.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2022 at 2:18 PM, SeaShells21 said:

I wish Paetow the best in trying to hold their own in 6A 😞 That never tends to work out well;

Unless you’re Carroll

Katy Paetow just had a coaching change. It was a guy from a big program I just can't think of it is right now..

Their coach got lured away.

• Like 1

Just another 4* moving in Texas. This time to DeSoto which is known recently for its education and lack of controversy or teh exact opposite and viral videos of kids throwing chairs at substitute teachers(and him throwing it back). 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, pied said:

Just another 4* moving in Texas. This time to DeSoto which is known recently for its education and lack of controversy or teh exact opposite and viral videos of kids throwing chairs at substitute teachers(and him throwing it back). 

Texas is King of the Move In.

Lots of families relocating in the offseason.