Corky Kell 2019

Anyway, one of the biggest high school football events of the year every year being off the radar and all aside...

I suspect a lot of eyes will be on Marietta from all over the country. 

I also suspect a lot of people will be looking at the Milton vs. Buford game. 

I think I'm gonna take Buford in a toss up on that one. Haven't totally made up my mind yet. 

3 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Why yes they did my friend.

I remember reading a post in a similar thread last year when @HawgGoneIt was complaining about in-state travel to Atlanta. 

When you make the trip 5 to 6 times or more in one season and sometimes in back to back weeks over a 5 game stretch... yeah... My pussy was a hurtin. My tampoons were leaking and I needed pads with wings. Etc. Etc. Etc. and yada yada yada for our northern friends.

xD

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s getting stale without the South Georgia teams in it. 

Colquitt needs to bring Lowndes, Valdosta, Tift and Lee with them. 

And for the small ones Brooks Co, and Thomasville. 

Would love to see a So GA vs ATL metro classic. I guess that’s what the playoffs is for. Lol 

It may get more stale in the future. We can already see it's become an Atlanta regional event where it's lost traction to the point local Atlanta stations are covering it. 

Of course the Colquitt game will have Durwood and Darrell covering it on Cruisin' 94. 

The total seat/ticket sales guarantee thing is why it's so limited in the teams attending. 

If the Benz owners would donate the stadium for the weekend instead of requiring huge rent maybe more the seat requirement goes away and more teams can get in and the state championships wouldn't be moved to an outdoor stadium across the perimeter. 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Would love to see a So GA vs ATL metro classic. I guess that’s what the playoffs is for. Lol 

Lee county was apart of it for 2 years... But it does get kinda sad seeing no new teams 

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You're going the wrong way.  South Georgia teams have no business playing in the Corky.  it was setup as Metro ATL...but somewhere along the way...Diamond Dave talked a few South Georgia teams to participate.  Most of them said WTF after a couple years...BUT NOT US.

We need to drop the Corky and go to the Babe White Kickoff Classic.  And I'm working on it....(Smile).

Rufus>>