Our Commander in Chief just said the US dollar was getting 'too strong'

1 minute ago, concha said:

What has been laughable is your reaction and questioning the president's very defensible comment.

what exactly was my reaction that has you pissing your pants with laughter... ?stop lying

----

after i questioned his peculiar comment last night.... scores of journalists and economists are doing so today... i guess they are laughable too

--------

let's go ahead and admit you know little about what you're discussing and leave it at that...

you saw what you perceived to be an attack on Trump and just dove in ...'google' first, next time

1 minute ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

what exactly was my reaction that has you pissing your pants with laughter... ?stop lying

----

after i questioned his peculiar comment last night.... scores of journalists and economists are doing so today... i guess they are laughable too

--------

let's go ahead and admit you know little about what you're discussing and leave it at that...

you saw what you perceived to be an attack on Trump and just dove in ...'google' first, next time

You are right. My business degrees and working in finance internationally for 30 years leave me baffled by your acumen and subject mastery.

I'm oblivious to the fact that the dollar has gained nearly 50% on the euro in the last 9 years.

4 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

i dont do fake outrage

No one is accusing you of fake outrage -- we believe you are truly hysterical

We're just amused at news you choose to become indignant about

Basically, the headlines are:

• Trump cools off overheated dollar/ Saves American jobs and boosts tourism
  • Trump appeals for interest rates to remain low  (which a) is more important to economy than strong dollar and b) an overheated dollar would inhibit)
  • Trump and Chinese Premier agree to deal:  Trump gains something (China cooperation v Syria and N Korea) for basically "backpeddling" on his campaign promise and now is behaving exactly like Obama toward Chinese currency (maybe that was his strategy all along -- you can take it to the bank that the Chinese weren't worried about Obie)

And, you're freaking out because you don't understand that which you type

Relax Skippy or it's going to be a long 8 years (16 w/ Pence) -- Grown ups are in charge now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

You are right. My business degrees and working in finance internationally for 30 years leave me baffled by your acumen and subject mastery.

I'm oblivious to the fact that the dollar has gained nearly 50% on the euro in the last 9 years

LOL

adding "Ivy-league" before "business degrees" would have been overkill

This is Ivy League education on subject matter + 30 Years Experience in International Finance vs Google

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

The trump administration narrows list for Fed regulatory post: Federal Reserve vice chair in charge of banking oversight!!

1-pops

2-concha

3-Mr. Mickey Mouse

4-Mr. Rocky Balboa

You are fortunate there are no IQ minimums to post on these sites.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pops said:

LOL

adding "Ivy-league" before "business degrees" would have been overkill

This is Ivy League education on subject matter + 30 Years Experience in International Finance vs Google

This drop that he speaks of looks big in the context of looking at the day's trading.  But in the context of the USD-Euro FX rates of the past days, weeks and months, the rate hardly fell to unusual levels or moved enough to being anything truly meaningful.  

Trump has spoken of getting US manufacturing and exports back on their feet.  That is not helped when the USD is at or near multi-year highs versus the currencies of our largest trading partners.  

3 hours ago, Pops said:

No one is accusing you of fake outrage -- we believe you are truly hysterical

We're just amused at news you choose to become indignant about

Basically, the headlines are:

• Trump cools off overheated dollar/ Saves American jobs and boosts tourism
  • Trump appeals for interest rates to remain low  (which a) is more important to economy than strong dollar and b) an overheated dollar would inhibit)
  • Trump and Chinese Premier agree to deal:  Trump gains something (China cooperation v Syria and N Korea) for basically "backpeddling" on his campaign promise and now is behaving exactly like Obama toward Chinese currency (maybe that was his strategy all along -- you can take it to the bank that the Chinese weren't worried about Obie)

And, you're freaking out because you don't understand that which you type

Relax Skippy or it's going to be a long 8 years (16 w/ Pence) -- Grown ups are in charge now

Indignant and hysterical.... 

Yes, that what my post and comments are, indignant hysterical rants....smh

again, you're just following your clan , reposting points they've stated and have no idea what you're talking about, that's why you use words like 'we're'... you really have this need to be a part of something

im not up in arms about Trump..... I am relaxed... and again, I was NOT attacking your Poppa...Pops

4 hours ago, concha said:

I'm oblivious to the fact that the dollar has gained nearly 50% on the euro in the last 9 years.

Yet, with all those credentials, you 'laughed' at me for questioning the same thing last night that many journalists and economists are questioning today......

i got you

10 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Had Trump stated that the American dollar was too strong, he would be a liar and ridiculed.

Had Trump not mentioned the strength of the dollar, the left would say he doesn't care about the economy, and allowed the strong dollar to destroy businesses and the economy.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Every last person on the left is exactly what they bitched about in regards to conservatives during Obama's presidency.

Probably a lot of truth to that but the difference, for me at least, is conservatives botched before he said or did anything.  Right from the start they went after him.  Trump on the other hand has said and did things before entering office and since entering office that offended many people.  And the thing is, he did it to himself.  All unforced errors.  Big difference imo.  

But I take your point.

EUR to USD Chart 20 YearsThis is a twenty year study of the relationship of the Euro to the USD.  The release rate in 1998 or 99 was 1.16 US to buy 1 Euro.  Soon after release the Euro weakened dropping to as low as .85 for a period around the year 2000 or so.  In 2007 or 2008 the Euro completely reversed itself and gradually built to almost 1.60 to the US Dollar.  That is literally close to double.  Today over the past eight or nine years it has tapered down to a current 1.06 which is a historically strong dollar.  This all means that this is a very good time to go to Europe.  The dollar is strong and American tourism is not expected to be strong as European tourism is not expected to be strong here (fear of border issues and politics-real reasons).  The Canadian dollar is also weak, around $1.34 or 1.35 for that which should essentially be on or close to par.  The pound in the UK is about 1.25 which is one of the strongest rates in the last 50 years.  Only the 1.03 in 1985 tops it.  

13 hours ago, Pops said:

He had no strategy but to say what he thought would get him elected.  

I do think it became a strategy after his election. 

I have read next to nothing about the china meetings.... this may be a good thing. I suspect he had some success. 

Not sure why but buried in the middle of the news last night (this is an important development)  was a story about China refusing to allow a North Korean coal transport ship to dock. Sent it home. 

If Trump caused this, I suspect he did, he did way good. 

-----------------------

and "worried" does not enter the equation

China gives something to get something or not

it's that simple

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

He had no strategy but to say what he thought would get him elected.  

I do think it became a strategy after his election. 

I have read next to nothing about the china meetings.... this may be a good thing. I suspect he had some success. 

Not sure why but buried in the middle of the news last night (this is an important development)  was a story about China refusing to allow a North Korean coal transport ship to dock. Sent it home. 

If Trump caused this, I suspect he did, he did way good. 

-----------------------

and "worried" does not enter the equation

China gives something to get something or not

it's that simple

"Worried" was to trump's campaign "promise" -- the Chinese saw a guy making their currency manipulation an issue where they knew Obie wouldn't do anything about it

Just now, Pops said:

"Worried" was to trump's campaign "promise" -- the Chinese saw a guy making their currency manipulation an issue where they knew Obie wouldn't do anything about it

fair

I wonder if Trump did not say he'd look away in exchange for help on Korea...

I can't wait for the history books to come out on this China meeting last week. 

23 hours ago, thc6795 said:

In other news China abstains from the UN vote on Syria. Hmmm wonder why? Maybe just maybe President Trump made a deal. Ill say this you do this type of thing. You know grown up shit.

Oh China also sent back coal ships to NK Just more grown up shit.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjd9r7AyKHTAhVC-mMKHaf2ADAQqOcBCCUwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-china-northkorea-coal-exclusive-idUSKBN17D0D8&usg=AFQjCNHrf8GsN2cSyIvTZb22CnH2gS-JHw

I mentioned it here nor. You were too busy telling me I was off kilter.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Posted article about China sending back coal ships to NK.

I know, what was the point in reference to the latest posts?

You don't think it's a very undervalued story in the media???????

My point stands, more ink/film is given to where people pee than a very important manifestation of Chinese cooperation.