Jump to content
HawgGoneIt

Bishop Sycamore=Sketchy? They and Dorian Cause Freedom Bowl Cancellations

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Just read that also! Can‚Äôt believe GHSF Daily called them sketchy ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£¬†

Whoever has them on their schedule, better start trying to find last minute games.  I noticed they have Ensworth, Warren Central and Bishop Sullivan on their schedule and are all OOS games.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are an alternative school for at risk kids in the Midwest. They are trying to help kids that were gonna fail at their former high school try and graduate. They offer different trades and are accredited with the Ohio Department of Education. 

So why the hate? They missed the deadline to apply for membership with the OHSAA for athletics so they were forced to be independent. 

Being independent and trying to start football from scratch they got a late jump on everything. They have a complete roster, and already played a game with more to come. 

The shit with the Freedom Bowl is a lie. The 30 day window for hotels was an excuse to get Mainland out of the game. They will be fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are an alternative school for at risk kids in the Midwest. They are trying to help kids that were gonna fail at their former high school try and graduate. They offer different trades and are accredited with the Ohio Department of Education. 

So why the hate? They missed the deadline to apply for membership with the OHSAA for athletics so they were forced to be independent. 

Being independent and trying to start football from scratch they got a late jump on everything. They have a complete roster, and already played a game with more to come. 

The shit with the Freedom Bowl is a lie. The 30 day window for hotels was an excuse to get Mainland out of the game. They will be fine. 

 

Not saying your'e wrong, but how do you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not saying your'e wrong, but how do you know? 

Because I speak to the people at the Bishop Sycamore on a regular basis. They said they never heard there was one issue the whole summer since the game was announced until the last week, the day after they beat some small school 66-6. 

They get a call from the Mainland coach mad that they have players from Michigan, New York as well as Ohio. 

The funny thing is Mainland agreed to the matchup before Bishop Sycamore even had one player. The Freedom Bowl signed them without even knowing what type of team they were. When Mainland found out this was a Midwest IMG they flipped out. 

The hotel breach was the excuse. Because if the teams were supposed to secure hotels 30 days after signing a contract then why wasn’t this a breach 2 months ago given the fact the contract was signed 3 months ago? 

Mysteriously, after they beat a team 66-6 and have studs everywhere it becomes about hotels? Bullshit

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bishop Sycamore is COF under a different name to try and sound legit like a private catholic. Same clowns running it. They don't have a campus and take classes in some place online through edmentum. Not a trade school in the least and no shot OHSAA would approve these guys. Hell they owe money all over the place. They even have the names of the COF guys in their crest.. lol These guys are hucksters

http://www.bishopsycamore.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Bishop Sycamore is COF under a different name to try and sound legit like a private catholic. Same clowns running it. They don't have a campus and take classes in some place online through edmentum. Not a trade school in the least and no shot OHSAA would approve these guys. Hell they owe money all over the place

Is Roy Johnson still being investigated by the U.S. Secret Service?  Not that that's sketchy or anything.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Also, has anyone scoured the Vatican archives to determine who the F the illustrious but apparently mysterious member of the esteemed religious, Bishop Sycamore, even was?

Pretty sure these clowns just invented some dude named¬†‚ÄúBishop Sycamore‚ÄĚ to slap as¬†a name on their ‚Äúschool‚ÄĚ.

Bishop RedZone gonna have team next year.....legit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bishop Codbeard... already got 4 5 stars lined up plus I am going have a building. I found an abandoned row house in Baltimore and my buddy at Verizon is going to wire us up for internet..lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are an alternative school for at risk kids in the Midwest. They are trying to help kids that were gonna fail at their former high school try and graduate. They offer different trades and are accredited with the Ohio Department of Education. 

So why the hate? They missed the deadline to apply for membership with the OHSAA for athletics so they were forced to be independent. 

Being independent and trying to start football from scratch they got a late jump on everything. They have a complete roster, and already played a game with more to come. 

The shit with the Freedom Bowl is a lie. The 30 day window for hotels was an excuse to get Mainland out of the game. They will be fine. 

 

Seems like they're good at missing deadlines. Missed one with the OHSAA. Missed one with the Freedom Bowl. 

I see a pattern developing. 

 

On top of that, they have an "attorney" acting like a salesman. They have Nolebull acting like a salesman too. 

 

I totally get helping at risk youth. By God, I try to do that a lot myself. You can't help anyone if you miss all your damned deadlines. 

They have some organizational issues apparently. They are too busy talking to Nolebull and not following up on contractual deadlines. Giving folks that are trying to help them, the run around and all to boot. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Bishop Sycamore is COF under a different name to try and sound legit like a private catholic. Same clowns running it. They don't have a campus and take classes in some place online through edmentum. Not a trade school in the least and no shot OHSAA would approve these guys. Hell they owe money all over the place. They even have the names of the COF guys in their crest.. lol These guys are hucksters

http://www.bishopsycamore.org/

I had checked their website earlier and when I clicked on Staff link nothing came up.  Same with Tuition.  Kinda odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the school is Edmentums EdOptions Academy. that is what their transcripts and diplomas will say. the school is wherever they can find to plug their laptops in. Hotel, library, starbucks etc.  Bishop Sycamore is just a made up name for the football team. There is no actual school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seems like they're good at missing deadlines. Missed one with the OHSAA. Missed one with the Freedom Bowl. 

I see a pattern developing. 

 

On top of that, they have an "attorney" acting like a salesman. They have Nolebull acting like a salesman too. 

 

I totally get helping at risk youth. By God, I try to do that a lot myself. You can't help anyone if you miss all your damned deadlines. 

They have some organizational issues apparently. They are too busy talking to Nolebull and not following up on contractual deadlines. Giving folks that are trying to help them, the run around and all to boot. 

They will be playing IMG and STA

stay tuned. #SellingTheSteak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They will be playing IMG and STA

stay tuned. #SellingTheSteak

I hope they squash IMG. I wish they played SFA. That'd be a hoot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I had checked their website earlier and when I clicked on Staff link nothing came up.  Same with Tuition.  Kinda odd. 

Nope doesn’t sound sleazy at all? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are an alternative school for at risk kids in the Midwest. They are trying to help kids that were gonna fail at their former high school try and graduate. They offer different trades and are accredited with the Ohio Department of Education. 

So why the hate? They missed the deadline to apply for membership with the OHSAA for athletics so they were forced to be independent. 

There is no Bishop Sycamore High School and they are certainly not accredited by the Ohio Department of Education.  The school you are describing appears to be the Academy for Urban Scholars, a public charter school that opened in 2011.  Maybe some of the players are attending class there but that's a far cry from being able to claim a partnership with the school.  Either way it appears Bishop Sycamore has dropped any mention of "high school"  or AUS from their twitter, and AUS' web site and facebook page never mentioned anything about Bishop Sycamore or a football team.  Maybe BS found out non-residents can't attend Ohio public schools for free.  It's just a club team.

This idea of applying for OHSAA membership, deadline or not, is simply ridiculous.  First, only an actual school can be a member.  That aside, the school has to participate in at least two sports per season, the maximum number of football games is 10, five of which must be against OHSAA member schools.  Academic eligibility for each player must be established.  Recruiting is not allowed.  Playing football for more than four years is not allowed.  Playing away games in a non-contiguous state on a school day is not allowed.

At best, OHSAA could assign them a division classification so if an OHSAA member school played them the appropriate playoff points are earned.  Most state high school athletic associations require out-of state opponents to be a member of their state's association for the games to count so games against BS will probably be counted as a bye week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I hope they squash IMG. I wish they played SFA. That'd be a hoot. 

 

They did last year, half the players wouldn't get off the bus, forfeit.  SFA won 2-0.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Actually the school is Edmentums EdOptions Academy. that is what their transcripts and diplomas will say. the school is wherever they can find to plug their laptops in. Hotel, library, starbucks etc.  Bishop Sycamore is just a made up name for the football team. There is no actual school. 

I think that idea fell through a while ago.  Need to pay for laptops and tuition which requires money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

They will be playing IMG and STA

stay tuned. #SellingTheSteak

Well, at least they are scheduled to play them.  Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And presto chango they are now the YouthBuild Columbus Community School Wildcats / Bishop Sycamore Centurions.  They'll get this figured out soon enough, what with football season being just around the corner and everything.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Because I speak to the people at the Bishop Sycamore on a regular basis. They said they never heard there was one issue the whole summer since the game was announced until the last week, the day after they beat some small school 66-6. 

They get a call from the Mainland coach mad that they have players from Michigan, New York as well as Ohio. 

The funny thing is Mainland agreed to the matchup before Bishop Sycamore even had one player. The Freedom Bowl signed them without even knowing what type of team they were. When Mainland found out this was a Midwest IMG they flipped out. 

The hotel breach was the excuse. Because if the teams were supposed to secure hotels 30 days after signing a contract then why wasn’t this a breach 2 months ago given the fact the contract was signed 3 months ago? 

Mysteriously, after they beat a team 66-6 and have studs everywhere it becomes about hotels? Bullshit

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported the game was cancelled on Saturday morning, that was before they ran up the score on the home-school kids Saturday afternoon.  And the Mainland coach told the paper about the cancellation on Friday.

Quote

The Buccaneers‚Äô road trip to Georgia for the so-called Freedom Bowl looked like an obvious standout until coach Scott Wilson said Friday the game had been canceled due to a ‚Äúbreach of contract‚ÄĚ by the Columbus, Ohio, school. Wilson hopes to schedule a new opponent during Mainland‚Äôs scheduled Oct. 11 bye week.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20190824/volusia-flagler-week-1-prep-football-highlights

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

37 minutes ago, Severino said:

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported the game was cancelled on Saturday morning, that was before they ran up the score on the home-school kids Saturday afternoon.  And the Mainland coach told the paper about the cancellation on Friday.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20190824/volusia-flagler-week-1-prep-football-highlights

 

The homeschool kids tried their hand at 8-man football last night and lost to Toledo Christian by three touchdowns. Only the finest teams alternate between 11-man and 8-man from week to week, I'm sure.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Severino said:

The game against Peddie is cancelled.

No doubt Peddie cancelled once they realized they were actually playing a mysterious, but world-beating, collection of All-Americans, the likes of have never been seen in HS sports...After all Mainland was clearly frightened away by the 66-6 ass whooping they unleashed on a group of homeschooled kids...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peddie cancelled because New Jersey teams can’t play teams not apart of a state association. 

Teams are cancelling because their state won’t allow them play teams that are not part of their own state association. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...