Jump to content
HawgGoneIt

Bishop Sycamore=Sketchy? They and Dorian Cause Freedom Bowl Cancellations

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Their game this weekend was canceled against the WV team. 

I believe someone said this was happening 

sketchy 

Punk ass WV team scared of a couple 23 year old players. 

YouthBuild might be the only team in the country with father and son on the same team! 

The QB has 2 ex-wives!!! The WV team could have used this to their advantage. The night before the game, have them call him and tell them they need the child support money early. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see where that team that is "protecting the thrown" was accepting "walk ons"  grades 9-11 yesterday. Can't be playing for another team and grades don't matter due to their "clean slate" program.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youthbuild won 22-14 last night. Going for two wins in under 48 hours tomorrow afternoon. If Hedgesville WV hadn't cancelled their game tonight back when they were still called Bishop Sycamore they could have played three days in a row. Instead Hedgesville lost 64-6 to Fort Hill MD. Bet they wish they had played the adult team now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Youthbuild won 22-14 last night. Going for two wins in under 48 hours tomorrow afternoon. If Hedgesville WV hadn't cancelled their game tonight back when they were still called Bishop Sycamore they could have played three days in a row. Instead Hedgesville lost 64-6 to Fort Hill MD. Bet they wish they had played the adult team now.

Heard they had 62 fans their best attendance for the year 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Youthbuild won 22-14 last night. Going for two wins in under 48 hours tomorrow afternoon. If Hedgesville WV hadn't cancelled their game tonight back when they were still called Bishop Sycamore they could have played three days in a row. Instead Hedgesville lost 64-6 to Fort Hill MD. Bet they wish they had played the adult team now.

 Hedgeville got what they deserved. 

 Youth build had 19-year-olds on their team and that was it.  It is not uncommon for regular teams to have that every now and then. 

And from their results HedgeHog High would have got a better game from the team formerly named Bishop Sycamore!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word around Columbus is the coaches and players are getting evicted.  Shouldn't the school they are attached to be paying for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Catholic High will be missing out on some sweet parking revenue apparently. $20 per vehicle?

 

That’s prob about $80-100 bucks they would have got from the visiting crowd they lost out on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHS won 29-16. The game was no different than most HS football games. A little trash talking at halftime walking to the locker rooms but that was it. We had a player get injured on the opposing side of the field and their coaches were checking on him before the play was even over. The players took a knee and showed a ton of respect while he was wheeled to the ambulance. Not a dirty play just to clarify.  

I also spoke to quite a few of their players and they were appreciative of the opportunity to play us and were extremely respectful. If these coaches are giving these boys an opportunity to travel and play football then let them do it. Calling it sketch or trashing what they are doing is wrong and is not what these kids need to hear. One of these boys had been on his own since 13!! The opportunity he has to play the sport he loves and get a diploma was not possible otherwise. 

Whether these players are underprivileged, have made a mistake or may not sit in the same building shouldn’t be a reason to discount them, cancel games or get on some forum like this and take away from what is being done for these boys that may help them in life is childish. 
 

Everyone has a story and although this may be different than the norm, support what the intention is and the opportunity it may create for a kid who deserves it. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NY2VA Coach said:

CHS won 29-16. The game was no different than most HS football games. A little trash talking at halftime walking to the locker rooms but that was it. We had a player get injured on the opposing side of the field and their coaches were checking on him before the play was even over. The players took a knee and showed a ton of respect while he was wheeled to the ambulance. Not a dirty play just to clarify.  

I also spoke to quite a few of their players and they were appreciative of the opportunity to play us and were extremely respectful. If these coaches are giving these boys an opportunity to travel and play football then let them do it. Calling it sketch or trashing what they are doing is wrong and is not what these kids need to hear. One of these boys had been on his own since 13!! The opportunity he has to play the sport he loves and get a diploma was not possible otherwise. 

Whether these players are underprivileged, have made a mistake or may not sit in the same building shouldn’t be a reason to discount them, cancel games or get on some forum like this and take away from what is being done for these boys that may help them in life is childish. 
 

Everyone has a story and although this may be different than the norm, support what the intention is and the opportunity it may create for a kid who deserves it. 

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your perspective. Wonderfully written. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you sir for your insight... to be constantly criticized and ridiculed for something can be very disheartening.   But we still press on inspite of that... words of folks that can't or don't want to see your vision won't stop us... it actual encourages us.   So many people have given up on these young men... talked about them... tried to tear them down instead of building them... taken from them without pouring anything back in.   I truly believe that greater things are things are in store for this program and these young men... whether you believe it or not.... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, Nolebull813 said:

 Hedgeville got what they deserved. 

 Youth build had 19-year-olds on their team and that was it.  It is not uncommon for regular teams to have that every now and then. 

And from their results HedgeHog High would have got a better game from the team formerly named Bishop Sycamore!!

Yes 19 is allowed in texas just aslong as you Turn 19 after the first Practice. If you turn 19 before the first official practice starts you cant play im sure in other states too so there is nothing sketchy about that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ImAFan said:

Thank you sir for your insight... to be constantly criticized and ridiculed for something can be very disheartening.   But we still press on inspite of that... words of folks that can't or don't want to see your vision won't stop us... it actual encourages us.   So many people have given up on these young men... talked about them... tried to tear them down instead of building them... taken from them without pouring anything back in.   I truly believe that greater things are things are in store for this program and these young men... whether you believe it or not.... 

Great post! I'm a believer!! Please keep updating us here on all the boys positive progress. Love trumps hate at all times.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NY2VA Coach said:

CHS won 29-16. The game was no different than most HS football games. A little trash talking at halftime walking to the locker rooms but that was it. We had a player get injured on the opposing side of the field and their coaches were checking on him before the play was even over. The players took a knee and showed a ton of respect while he was wheeled to the ambulance. Not a dirty play just to clarify.  

I also spoke to quite a few of their players and they were appreciative of the opportunity to play us and were extremely respectful. If these coaches are giving these boys an opportunity to travel and play football then let them do it. Calling it sketch or trashing what they are doing is wrong and is not what these kids need to hear. One of these boys had been on his own since 13!! The opportunity he has to play the sport he loves and get a diploma was not possible otherwise. 

Whether these players are underprivileged, have made a mistake or may not sit in the same building shouldn’t be a reason to discount them, cancel games or get on some forum like this and take away from what is being done for these boys that may help them in life is childish. 
 

Everyone has a story and although this may be different than the norm, support what the intention is and the opportunity it may create for a kid who deserves it. 

To read some of these comments is sad, extremely sad.

I spoke to some of the players and they were extremely respectful and appreciative of the opportunity to play and finish school.

They played really hard and played a great game. 

Watching the coaches run on to the field during the play to help one of our players definitely shows how much they care about student athletes.

I wish more people would take the time to see all of the good that this program does instead of bad mouthing them.

Good luck to them and their many many many years to come!

See you guys next year!

🏈❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🏈

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ThequeenVA said:

To read some of these comments is sad, extremely sad.

I spoke to some of the players and they were extremely respectful and appreciative of the opportunity to play and finish school.

They played really hard and played a great game. 

Watching the coaches run on to the field during the play to help one of our players definitely shows how much they care about student athletes.

I wish more people would take the time to see all of the good that this program does instead of bad mouthing them.

Good luck to them and their many many many years to come!

See you guys next year!

🏈❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🏈

Thanks for your feedback, Queen. Pay no mind to the few educated, jealous haters here. The large majority of us recognize and appreciate the positive impact BS is making in the lives of these extremely dedicated, highly motivated boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...