Let's go BOSCO!

I AM IRONMAN

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes, was there. DBP came out balling scoring the first 14 points. But Williams and the huge Zaga OL was just too much in the end outscoring the Ironmen 35-7 from that point on. Williams capitalized on 3rd and longs the entire game despite his team committing many penalties on O. Mostly false starts. 

I told people, that kid is special. I’ve seen most of the top QB’s in that area for the last 30 years. He is easily the best. Let’s hope he stays healthy. He has another year, which is insane. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

35-21 Gonzaga wins. Took a knee in the red zone to end the game. DBP came on fired up and played well in the trenches. GZ’s QB was just too much for them. GZ still has work to do. The OL looked soft for five P5 players + a P5 TE. 

DBP is not a bad team. They will give the BNU fits. 

Bosco had the better players. Outside of the Gonzaga QB there were very few weapons. #5wr was a threat as well. Bosco beat themselves with horrible play calling in big situations. Gonzaga lost 22 starters and looked like it. In the BNU where you most likely play every team 2x Gonzaga ends up with at least 3 loses. Very well coached bunch with an extraordinary QB though. I was telling Baller going into the half that the better staff would make the adjustments that would win the game. That's what we witnessed second has as Gonzaga wore bosco down and out executed them. Great game though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bosco side full, Zaga side empty. Nor, you here? I'm w Testadura, 82 and hsfbfan. Tao also here. 

if any of you gentleman want to join nor, dbp66 and myself on the sidelines for bosco home games this year, let me know, I've got 1 extra pass available.  Btw, James Franklin of PSU was on the Bosco sideline tonight, presumably for Berger, maybe for some of the zaga kids as well.  As good as their qb is, their OL helped him look good by not letting him be pressured all game.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Bosco had the better players. Outside of the Gonzaga QB there were very few weapons. #5wr was a threat as well. Bosco beat themselves with horrible play calling in big situations. Gonzaga lost 22 starters and looked like it. In the BNU where you most likely play every team 2x Gonzaga ends up with at least 3 loses. Very well coached bunch with an extraordinary QB though. I was telling Baller going into the half that the better staff would make the adjustments that would win the game. That's what we witnessed second has as Gonzaga wore bosco down and out executed them. Great game though.

Was this the first time you watched an entire GZ game? Every time GZ beats a team like DeMatha or SJC everyone says GZ was outclassed but won. At some point you have to recognize that it’s the method to their madness. Bosco was definitely not the better team. GZ beat DBP by a two year combined score of 72-28. That’s pretty self explanatory. 

The score this year could have been 42-21 if Gonzaga didn’t throw the INT in the end zone to end the first half. If they felt like being dickheads, 49-21 if they wanted to score instead of kneeling to end the game.

In the BNU, SJR is the only team that could beat Gonzaga. You have to be able to score 40+ points to beat them. DBP, BC, SPP, DPC, etc... do not have that ability. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never knew how good a runner he was. Very fast and a load to bring down. Impressive player. 

A man among boys   And Zags O Line was in control.  After the blocked punt, Gonzaga’s O was on the field for almost the entirety of the 2nd half.  Game was over when Bosco had 3rd and half a yard and lined up in the shotgun.  If you can’t line up under center and will yourself to a half yard gain you’re done.  They lost 4 on that play and were toast 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Marvin Graves would disagree.

I knew Marvin. I use to hoop against him. We were in high school at the same time, he graduated a year before me. He wasn’t even close to being as polished as this kid in high school. He was a better athlete though. I think Byron Leftwich could have an argument. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Was this the first time you watched an entire GZ game? Every time GZ beats a team like DeMatha or SJC everyone says GZ was outclassed but won. At some point you have to recognize that it’s the method to their madness. Bosco was definitely not the better team. GZ beat DBP by a two year combined score of 72-28. That’s pretty self explanatory. 

The score this year could have been 42-21 if Gonzaga didn’t throw the INT in the end zone to end the first half. If they felt like being dickheads, 49-21 if they wanted to score instead of kneeling to end the game.

In the BNU, SJR is the only team that could beat Gonzaga. You have to be able to score 40+ points to beat them. DBP, BC, SPP, DPC, etc... do not have that ability. 

Gonzaga appeared to be a decent team. They beat what will likely be a 4 win team. 

SJR, BC, SPP would all give Gonzaga all they could handle and I'd feel comfortable betting On BC  and SJR to win as of today.

As to teh @ECHS05 like, "the score this year could have been 42-21 if Gonzaga didn’t throw the INT in the end zone to end the first half"

that is ridiculous. They did throw the interception.What happens if the refs get it right and Bosco is given the fumble recover on the 3 yard line?  It becomes a very different game.

Forget the what if's. You are a good poster, you have a good team but Gonzaga is no SJB. 

Peace