Maryland and DMV posters Whoo TF is this kid?

imaGoodBoyNow

Breese has been a national level name for a while.  As a freshman he played for Urbana (local Maryland public who has a storied history but has fallen on rough times recently).  He transferred to traditional small school public power Damascus prior to his sophomore year.  He could have easily played for any of the local private powerhouses, St. Johns, St. Frances, Good Counsel, DeMatha etc (and they definitely came calling). By the time he was a Junior he pretty much had an offer from every Power 5 school.

Quality of competition was not how he became the #1 player in the nation. It was his performance at national camps,  like The Opening vs other top prospects. And of course his freakish athleticism at 6'5" 260+.  His shuttle time is already better than some of 1st round draft picks at last year's NFL combine. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Jesus.. is this kid Bresse that good or is the competition they play so bad 

He’s a legit top 5 prospect and deserves all the hype. I wish he made the jump to a WCAC school to understand how he reacts to players closer to his ability. Not a knock, but this video is self explanatory about what he lines up against. He does do extremely well at national camps, but we all know that doesn’t 100% translate into on field performance. I’m almost certain he will do well at Clemson. It may take him a bit to get used to getting punched right back in the mouth by kids his size and speed.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

He’s a legit top 5 prospect and deserves all the hype. I wish he made the jump to a WCAC school to understand how he reacts to players closer to his ability. Not a knock, but this video is self explanatory about what he lines up against. He does do extremely well at national camps, but we all know that doesn’t 100% translate into on field performance. I’m almost certain he will do well at Clemson. It may take him a bit to get used to getting punched right back in the mouth by kids his size and speed.

Serious:  this is why you transfer into the WCAC if you have this kind of talent.  He’s never seen the kind of athlete he’ll meet in college.  I have honestly wondered why he didn’t make a move?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Serious:  this is why you transfer into the WCAC if you have this kind of talent.  He’s never seen the kind of athlete he’ll meet in college.  I have honestly wondered why he didn’t make a move?

For some, small town HS football is very alluring. Friends & family can attend all games, home & away, the entire town comes out to support you and your teammates. And it doesn't hurt if your team is racking up state titles. 

I know it may sound weird , but some players/families do not want to deal with some of the things that come with playing for a National level program.  Commuting an hour plus to attend class, traveling around the country for games, attending a institution that is foreign and may not mesh with ones personal beliefs  etc.  These are burdens some people just don't want to deal with, in high school, for a variety of reasons. 

He was able to earn all the offers he did without the assistance of the WCAC and he ended up in the exact same place (and in some cases a better place) than other kids in the WCAC. 

Breese will be graduating early and will be on campus in Death Valley early next year. In my very amateur opinion, he will be seeing significant PT no later than 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bruhhh that’s not what I’m reading... I can’t beli Bresse would ever stay at the school

22075814-F246-427D-AB11-C1906326FBCE.jpeg

Separate incident.  The assault occurred in the locker room while Varsity was practicing. The perpetrators and victims were all on JV.

JV Coach, Principal & AD were all let go. And JV had to forfeit the remainder of their games.

The entire program was put on probation oversight, which means the county will be going over everything with a fine toothed comb.  Which made the illegal practice a head scratcher.  EVERYONE knew they were being watched.

IMO, these type of incidents have 1 of 2 results, either the program falls apart or it galvanizes them.  We will see how it plays out this season. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

Exactly NOMAD.. The HC survived the scandal miraculously and then they do this knowing the whole state is watching?  head scratcher is an understatement.  Especially since there were rumors, well not really rumor former players saying this kind of hazing hazing has been going of for years. Then you look at this video and how his team acts in a scrimmage no less and not just Breese but the other players as well. flopping on players, acting out and what not.. 

At one point he  Picked up the 107lbs Left tackle and slammed him on his neck... the kids got talent for sure, he just needs the right coaching staff

4 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Not impressed by him against these tiny kids.

I can understand why he wants to play at this school rather than a WCAC school.

It’s like he’s playing against a Pop Warner team.

Plus he’s acting like a mean-spirited bully.

I’d like to see how he does against kids his own size.

Idk man I’m looking at a lot of future 5 star and four Star recruits in this picture 

821B2F63-8A5A-42A3-B3AA-B45E60AD4370.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Not impressed by him against these tiny kids.

I can understand why he wants to play at this school rather than a WCAC school.

It’s like he’s playing against a Pop Warner team.

Plus he’s acting like a mean-spirited bully.

I’d like to see how he does against kids his own size.

He didn’t impress vs other top players in the nike opening camps lol. Really hurt his stock for a bit. All the post from recruiters were “didnt impress but has raw talent/size etc” stuff like that

• Thanks 1