How is CNN still in business? Seriously.

Blueliner

On 9/10/2019 at 11:18 PM, Blueliner said:

Can't make this shit up, man. CNN is THE worst...how the hell do they even stay in business is beyond me. I guess there's enough 66s and Cybils out there to keep the clown show in town one more night'. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jim-sciutto-cia

CNN is still in business because the media needs to keep the USA divided.

Plus a divided country means problems that the politicians can campaign on.

4 more years of never solving the big problems, or getting just enough done to stay in office.

Got to love life time politicians. Wonder how much they pay the media to keep them in office anyway?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Y'all should watch The Loudest Voice. Great series about Ailes and foxnews. That alone answered so many questions I had about how there is folk out there who think they speak Gospel. Watch and be informed. Or don't,  for fear of feeling taken and be an "uninformed voter".

Both News Network sides are just working different angles on ALL THE SAME PROPAGANDA TOPICS.....

So what does that tell you?

Both sides will sucker you into the same game of "GROUPING" everyone 'else' as THEM...

Yet you lead the charge at doing the very same....

So How did you fall for that one.....

….CNN or FOX?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Both News Network sides are just working different angles on ALL THE SAME PROPAGANDA TOPICS.....

So what does that tell you?

Both sides will sucker you into the same game of "GROUPING" everyone 'else' as THEM...

Yet you lead the charge at doing the very same....

So How did you fall for that one.....

….CNN or FOX?

giphy.gif

I do not depend on one single news site.  I do my research and come to my own decisions.  I don't need somebody to tell me how to think or feel.  I'm good on my own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

I do not depend on one single news site.  I do my research and come to my own decisions.  I don't need somebody to tell me how to think or feel.  I'm good on my own.

Actually that was an over the top accusation, and I do apologize....I don't see you leading any charge. 

Just still had my elbow spikes on or something ....😏

And a pet peeve that ALL these networks are always grouping....and dividing...and people fall for it....

Never heard of your recommendation, but I will check it out and let you know what I think 👍 

Just now, Troll said:

Actually that was an over the top accusation, and I do apologize....I don't see you leading any charge. 

Just still had my elbow spikes on or something ....😏

And a pet peeve that ALL these networks are always grouping....and dividing...and people fall for it....

Never heard of your recommendation, but I will check it out and let you know what I think 👍 

Great series that @954gator turned me on to.  Russel Crowe plays Ailes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scottdale said:

Most of it is not propaganda but the reality of life. The straight forward perspective and position taken by some is to the extreme. Those are the ones that live their lives vicariously through others, such as trumpettes. 

Actually...News Propaganda is just part of the 'world'...

and only part of your 'life' if you choose to make it so....

It is also a very SKEWED view of anyone's "reality of life"......and not very reflective.

Only someone who was living vicariously, would think it resembled their own life.

giphy.gif

BTW: Have you corrected your buddy Spotnut on all his white man bad by totality math threads??? He's been giving you a pretty good arsekicking lately...you might want to address that...

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:18 PM, Blueliner said:

Can't make this shit up, man. CNN is THE worst...how the hell do they even stay in business is beyond me. I guess there's enough 66s and Cybils out there to keep the clown show in town one more night'. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-jim-sciutto-cia

Why are we talking about this now when we have a Minnesota vs NC State on TV now (women's soccer) and the Yanks are 3 outs away from winning a double header?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

All the major news networks are biased and garbage IMO.   If you want to find some truth you have to connect dots yourself and filter a whole lot of BS.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

All the major news networks are biased and garbage IMO.   If you want to find some truth you have to connect dots yourself and filter a whole lot of BS.   

Not for nothing, it is pretty easy to get the news on any major network.

The problem is, you guys keep mistaking the political talk shows with "news."

They are not the same thing. 

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Not for nothing, it is pretty easy to get the news on any major network.

The problem is, you guys keep mistaking the political talk shows with "news."

They are not the same thing. 

There are no "news"  stations anymore, they are all political opinions or talk shows. None of them report the news anymore they all try to create the news or slant the news into the direction they want to feed it to you in. 

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

There are no "news"  stations anymore, they are all political opinions or talk shows. None of them report the news anymore they all try to create the news or slant the news into the direction they want to feed it to you in. 

Sure their are. Watch ABC news at 6:30 for example. (not sure what time in your location)

Lot's of stuff like this. CBS, NBC, all plain old school news. 

15 hours ago, 954gator said:

That's exactly what I have always done and always will.  I was taught and teach my kids, to never take anything as Gospel, that is not actually from the Gospel. Lol.  But to always do your own research and form your own opinion instead of just being some lost sheep looking for someone to lead them.

16 hours ago, noonereal said:

Not for nothing, it is pretty easy to get the news on any major network.<<<100% false

The problem is, you guys I keep mistaking the political talk shows with "news."<<<FIFY

They are not the same thing. << 100% correct

ABC News @ 6:30 ?!?!? LOLOLOL.....

NOT IN PHILLY 🤣🤣

Seriously dude how about watch the ABC evening news on network here, they were showing a clip of some dude that killed himself running an illegal dirt bike, no lights, screaming thru the city streets at night, and slamming about ~50mph  into the back side of an suv in the middle of a 5mph left hand turn...

The whole skit was how the idiot was the 'victim', interviews with parents and all, and nothing but a tear jerking slant.  Meanwhile they are playing the clip on loop in the background highlighting the idiot as the 100% guilty party and offing himself...💩...you call that accurate news???

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 954gator said:

Bingo...

Think about it this way...If a minority is loitering in a Starbucks in Philly and asked to leave, it's a national debate....but if a white dude is loitering in a MickeyD's in Philly with a minority service staff..

and hits the ABC Philly news with the result.....

Well.....he ain't getting a free bathroom...

and you never even heard of it.... 

Network news only covers what they 'want' to cover....

and only in the 'slant' of their choosing...