GardenStateBaller

SJC 14 at Duncanville 35 Final

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those numbers were quoted to me by the DV folks I was out with last night. I guess they embellished. 4k is still a huge number. 4x greater than SJCs enrollment of 1,100. I hope DV wins tonight for your sake.  

SJC has two players on their team from outside the DMV...Yes they can recruit and yes they have financial backing but please stop the whining about having "recruited players from all over the United States"...they are not IMG or SFA. Nor do they have a big-time stadium or indoor practice facility like many of the "poor" public schools do. And no player goes to school for free...some are paying over 20k and some less...but all pay something. Every school has advantages and disadvantages ....

6 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

SJC has two players on their team from outside the DMV...Yes they can recruit and yes they have financial backing but please stop the whining about having "recruited players from all over the United States"...they are not IMG or SFA. Nor do they have a big-time stadium or indoor practice facility like many of the "poor" public schools do. And no player goes to school for free...some are paying over 20k and some less...but all pay something. Every school has advantages and disadvantages ....

DV being an open enrollment school affords them the opptys to operate just like a private. I was impressed with everything I saw yesterday. Coach Samples is moving them in the right direction. His absolute authority and the region's talent pool give him every oppty to succeed here. 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DV has over 6,000 students and open enrollment. Your argument is falling on deaf ears. 

Try not talking about things you don’t understand!  Open enrollment doesn't mean kid can just come and play from outside the district boundaries.  Truly understanding this process in Texas regardless if the school has open enrollment or not will help you speak the truth.  I will assure that the other schools in that district would vote against anyone transferring to Duncanville who’s family did not 100% move into the district.  

Big example Skyline is open enrollment too and is in the same district with Duncanville 8-6A.  The district AD’s voted against 3 stud transfers that tried to play there this season.

2nd false statement is Duncanville does not have 6k.  They have roughly 4,450.00 students from 9th grade to 12th grade both boys and girls.  Can you try to imagine for 1 sec all the different types of kids they have in this school?

Trying to compare how vomit in my mouth 🤮 private schools get players and how Texas public schools get players is fucking ridiculous regardless of the school size.

I like that you try to set up games and everything.  Just don’t come in our state and make false statements to create narrative that fits your private 🤮 power agenda 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DV being an open enrollment school affords them the opptys to operate just like a private. I was impressed with everything I saw yesterday. Coach Samples is moving them in the right direction. 

DV should clearly be the favorite in this game. A top 10 team at home vs a team traveling across the country that lost last week to a 2-loss team and who I'm told is wracked by injury (excuse thread, I know, I know). SJC is staring at a 2-4 start (IMG and MD next two weeks).

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

"Texas high school teams haven't played an out-of-state private school in the current MaxPreps national top 25 since 2015, and in recent years have faced pushback from the state coaching organization about scheduling opponents that can recruit and assemble all-star-type squads."

"I know that this is not a level playing field," Samples said of the UIL prohibiting teams from openly recruiting for athletic purposes, while St. John's and other national powers do. "But at this point, I'm not in a position to do anything about the rule".

hey'd find St. John's roster features quarterback Sol-Jay Maiava, who moved in from Hawaii, and the top four 2020 recruits in Washington D.C. who are committed to Georgia, LSU, Clemson and Tennessee.

They'd find St. John's received a $16 million boost in 2015 from Under Armour founder and St. John's alum Kevin Plank, helping subsidize national travel, including this week's three-night trip with 55 to 60 players flying into Dallas.

Proud to live in a town and a state where playing with what you have, is still what true high school football was meant to be. These pimped out programs are fakes.

Excuse tread material

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

Proud to live in a town and a state where playing with what you have, is still what true high school football was meant to be. These pimped out programs are fakes.

Are you suggesting that these schools don't actually have those players?

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DV being an open enrollment school affords them the opptys to operate just like a private. 

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about. 

Done arguging. You're type of HS football is bought and paid for, is wide open to get who they can from wherever, and mine isnt. Pretty simple.

Good luck.

Just now, rockinl said:

Done arguging. You're type of HS football is bought and paid for, is wide open to get who they can from wherever, and mine isnt. Pretty simple.

So you're saying that you're not an Allen fan?

• Haha 2

Just now, rockinl said:

Good luck.

I spent last night speaking to many fans and staffers of DV, Desoto and CH. I'm as educated as I've ever been. Unfortunately for you ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So you're saying that you're not an Allen fan?

Nope. Why would i be an Allen fan?? Im 2 hrs from Allen. 

56 minutes ago, rockinl said:

If they win, I'm indifferent. If they lose, Im indifferent. I dont live in Duncanville.  I live in a town that won a TEXAS state championship with home grown kids, like it should be.

I could give 2 SHITS about Duncanville. 

I've noticed a trend where Texas guys always take precaution to distance themselves prior to tough OOS games.

Rockinl denies he cares about Duncanville, or that he ever set foot in Duncanville.

Horesfly went to the movies rather than the DLS Trinity game.   That was after stating "no one in Texas knows who DLS is and also don't care about the game.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I spent last night speaking to many fans and staffers of DV, Desoto and CH. I'm as educated as I've ever been. Unfortunately for you ;) 

Come to Longview. Learn what HS football was really meant to be. Home grown kids exceeding expectations. Its awesome. You should try it sometimes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rockinl said:

Nope. Why would i be an Allen fan?? Im 2 hrs from Allen. 

So you have nothing to say about Allen's methods of buying success?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

DV should clearly be the favorite in this game. A top 10 team at home vs a team traveling across the country that lost last week to a 2-loss team and who I'm told is wracked by injury (excuse thread, I know, I know). SJC is staring at a 2-4 start (IMG and MD next two weeks).

You know what I found out last night? As you know, the majority of TX hsfb games are played on Friday nights. After we scheduled this game for a Saturday at 6pm, Desoto changed its game with Bishop Dunne to the SAME EXACT TIME so that their players and fan base couldn't attend our game. Now that's the power of OOS games!!! LOL

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So you have nothing to say about Allen's methods of buying success?

I dont know about them "buying success", but Ive had plenty to say about Allen not allowing another HS to be built in order to try and remain dominant in football. Everybody knows it. 

Again, I live in Longview. Longview is who I follow. Longview is the HS I graduated from and played football. 

I enjoy national games among HS teams that are actually traditional HS teams.

3 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Good luck.

One thing about it. gardenball has turned his back on his own state except a couple nj privates who have been getting their asses kicked OOS. 

..gardenball doesn't work with nj publics...imagine that.

He's all about having a couple power schools listed on his free GoDaddy.com website like someone is suppose to be impressed.

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Rockinl denies he cares about Duncanville, or that he ever set foot in Duncanville.

Actually, Ive never been to Duncanville. Its a suburb of southeast Dallas. 

Ive been to Kincaide Stadium which is a Dallas ISD stadium, but Im not sure if its in Dville. Its close.

Why would I go to Duncanville?

Actually, Ive never been to Duncanville. Its a suburb of southeast Dallas. 

Ive been to Kincaide Stadium which is a Dallas ISD stadium, but Im not sure if its in Dville. Its close.

Why would I go to Duncanville?

It's a SW suburb. I guess that's proof that you've never been there ;) 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's a SW suburb. I guess that's proof that you've never been there ;) 

Whatever.  

After spending numerous hours with the alumni of 1 Texas HS, Im sure you are now a Texas HS football almanac.

Oh wait...those are the same people that dont know how many students are in the HS.  LOL

Whatever.  

After spending numerous hours with the alumni of 1 Texas HS, Im sure you are now a Texas HS football almanac.

Oh wait...those are the same people that dont know how many students are in the HS.  LOL

Three HSs: DV, Desoto and CH. 

21 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Horesfly went to the movies rather than the DLS Trinity game.   That was after stating "no one in Texas knows who DLS is and also don't care about the game.

I first heard of DLS in 1998. I watched it. I always watch public vs private hoping that the public wins. Hard to do against whore'd out, paid for teams, but it happens. 

18 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Come to Longview. Learn what HS football was really meant to be. Home grown kids exceeding expectations.

I love when local yokels make up what high school football is "supposed" to be about.

16 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I dont know about them "buying success", but Ive had plenty to say about Allen not allowing another HS to be built in order to try and remain dominant in football. Everybody knows it.

It's interesting how you seem to know everything about St. John's and all of the national programs but you're ignorant and don't know about Allen.