RIP Eddie Money

Cossacks

The first big concert I ever went to was a "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Coliseum in '83 (I was like 12-13): Journey, Triumph, Y&T, and Eddie Money. At that time in my life, I didn't know any of the bands except Journey (in name only). I remember EM being just totally bad ass. He was up there dancing his ass off singing "Two tickets to Paradise" with his little skinny 80's tie on. Crowd was going crazy...like 30-40k people. Great memory. RIP EM🙏😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

The first big concert I ever went to was a "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Coliseum in '83 (I was like 12-13): Journey, Triumph, Y&T, and Eddie Money. At that time in my life, I didn't know any of the bands except Journey (in name only). I remember EM being just totally bad ass. He was up there dancing his ass off singing "Two tickets to Paradise" with his little skinny 80's tie on. Crowd was going crazy...like 30-40k people. Great memory. RIP EM🙏😎

Day on the Green,  I went to several in the early to mid 80’s. I remember seeing Maiden, Scorpions, Y&T Metallica etc over the years. Bill Graham presents....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Day on the Green,  I went to several in the early to mid 80’s. I remember seeing Maiden, Scorpions, Y&T Metallica etc over the years. Bill Graham presents....

I was at the Metallica show as well. That lineup was Scorps, Ratt, Y&T, Metallica, and Yngwei (sp) Malmsteen. I remember James Hetfield of Metallica saying "eff all these other poser bands...we don't need to wear makeup to rock"...something to that effect. Pretty funny. That was Metallica's mindset, though. 

Missed Maiden...a little before my time. But went on to love Iron Maiden. Still do!

• Like 2