OT: Trump "armada & submarines" on way...

BigDrop

We have not had these levels of violence assoc. with speech in decades, this was all precipitated by Trump who called for and encouraged violence (totally unprecedented)  and while the rest of society was left shocked, those on the right sat silent and mocked and ridiculed.  

These are the results and it will only escalate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We have not had these levels of violence assoc. with speech in decades, this was all precipitated by Trump who called for and encouraged violence (totally unprecedented)  and while the rest of society was left shocked, those on the right sat silent and mocked and ridiculed.  

Conveniently obtuse.  Deflection is the mantra these days.  You should read up on the difference between causation and correlation.  You obviously do not know the difference.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

yep all Trumps fault. This shit has been happening for years. Frigging libs man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

yep all Trumps fault. This shit has been happening for years. Frigging libs man.

Come on man... you're smarter than the average conservative .. don't fall into the your team vs them shit.... address the op

Trumps behavior is indeed bizarre and dangerous......

But his supporters consistently lowering the bar for him is even moreso

1 minute ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Come on man... you're smarter than the average conservative .. don't fall into the your team vs them shit.... address the op

What does this have to with a bunch of entitled brats at Berkeley who get flustered when listening to the opinions that don't align with their own?  A bunch of Trump supporters are idiots.  These liberal echo chambers are equally idiotic.  The 2 are not codependent.  Everyone sucks in this scenario.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

SOC I hope your brother is doing well? I do really try to stay out of the us versus them. I also agree President Trump is dangerous. That being said, this lib mentality of everything is great as long as you agree with me has been going on for a while. To say these attacks are because of President Trump is BS.   

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'm not sure if he is playing a game or not but it could be he just opened his mouth.  If you notice, every time he does that, a lie comes out.  Its kind of his thing.  Then again, he may have strategy in mind, giving out allies no confidence that we know what we are doing, not being clear on our position regarding a crazy dictator.   Which ever it is it feels like he's making it up as he goes.   

I understand we are moving a carrier group there. He didn't say it was already there, did he?

Frankly, I doubt anyone knows where our subs are that's pretty sensitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What a colossal load of horseshit.

Violence associated with speech has been overwhelmingly associated with the left/anarchists for a long time.

The left will tolerate a speaker at the Woman's March in DC who was involved in the days-long torture and murder of a gay man (including her sticking a metal rod up the guy's ass). In fact, they cheered her. As they cheered a Muslim woman who has since been deported for lying on her immigration papers (she was a convicted terrorist).

But if Milo Yannopoulis or Ann Coulter show up, there are riots, vandalism and burning cars.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, concha said:

I understand we are moving a carrier group there. He didn't say it was already there, did he?

Frankly, I doubt anyone knows where our subs are that's pretty sensitive.

Not exactly an armada though.  Nobody should know where the subs are imo, at least not publicly stated.  The point being, from my perspective, is that Trump is playing a very serious game and our allies (SK, Japan) are extremely uncertain concerning Trump and his lies.  

Being up front when talking to the American citizen or our allies does not mean you are telling NK or anyone else what your military plans are.  

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Not exactly an armada though.  Nobody should know where the subs are imo, at least not publicly stated.  The point being, from my perspective, is that Trump is playing a very serious game and our allies (SK, Japan) are extremely uncertain concerning Trump and his lies.  

Being up front when talking to the American citizen or our allies does not mean you are telling NK or anyone else what your military plans are.  

Unless you are in the military or have family in the military the average citizen doesn't need to know a damn thing. The less people who know the better. One of the biggest mistakes President Obama made was telling our enemies when and where we were going to strike. Less is more in this case. IMO President Trump is not playing any type of a game. He has had a solid 3 weeks. No matter how anyone wants to spin it. He got China to abstain from the vote on Syria and send coal ships back to NK. He served notice we are no longer passive. He has let our allies in the middle east know we have there backs once again. Like I said IMO he has done a solid job.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

As far as not wanting a hateful person to speak at some event, it's a free country.  If the choice is to not have her speak then that's their choice.  For those who are mixing a cancelled event and a situation where war is the possible outcome might want to separate the two topic. 

So if your a conservative you are hateful. If you destroy property, beat up people, that don't agree with you, then you are a loving soul? 

Exactly who are you calling a hateful person? When did it become ok to censor anyone for being hateful? 

So what about the choice of the students that want to hear her? What about their rights?

6 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

So if your a conservative you are hateful. If you destroy property, beat up people, that don't agree with you, then you are a loving soul? 

Exactly who are you calling a hateful person? When did it become ok to censor anyone for being hateful? 

So what about the choice of the students that want to hear her? What about their rights?

In the liberal mind, the rights of liberals are sacred (and frequently just made up to begin with).

The rights of conservatives are negotiable at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

Kind of counts as 100% censorship, doesn't it?

i meAN this sincerely.

i cant quite understand why a bright man like yourself says such silly things. 

ok, i get it intellectually. everything right good, everything left bad. 

but when you or anyone does this you degrade yourself hence why i cant quite understand why you always do it

1 hour ago, concha said:

But if Milo Yannopoulis or Ann Coulter show up, there are riots, vandalism and burning cars.

i know several very liberal people and they are pretty upset with the left loons and their violence.  

to me, the left loons and wing nuts should not be identified with the dems or the gop. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

i meAN this sincerely.

i cant quite understand why a bright man like yourself says such silly things. 

ok, i get it intellectually. everything right good, everything left bad. 

but when you or anyone does this you degrade yourself hence why i cant quite understand why you always do it

You generally don't understand much ever, Nooner.

The point here is simple:  I don't care if left-wing speakers get invited to college campuses. It is a free country.  But by the same token, conservative and libertarian speakers should be allowed to speak. In fact, in our universities you would think the presentation of a diversity of viewpoints would be a priority. Unfortunately, time and time again we see clear favoritism of left-wing views and the banning and demonization of opposing views.

No need to reply with your usual fact and substance-free mental diarrhea.

1 hour ago, concha said:

What a colossal load of horseshit.

Violence associated with speech has been overwhelmingly associated with the left/anarchists for a long time.

The left will tolerate a speaker at the Woman's March in DC who was involved in the days-long torture and murder of a gay man (including her sticking a metal rod up the guy's ass). In fact, they cheered her. As they cheered a Muslim woman who has since been deported for lying on her immigration papers (she was a convicted terrorist).

Yes, Milo and Ann represent everything they abhor about Trump...his perceived hate, misogyny and intolerance.  It's what has been stated by protesters.  

i really don't not know why you all keep ignoring his actions.  Trump has called for fights, even stating he would provide legal coverage for an individual that had assaulted someone.

he most definitely helped in creating this environment we are seeing.