Is it a good or Bad idea to let a 15 year old visit her mom who is in jail for seven months?

i1924

Thought I would ask here since there is an off topic section 

The charge is a check fraud charge and it is a seven month sentence. My daughter she seems to be handling it fine. I told her right away about it and she reacted pretty calmly. I told her mom did the wrong thing and is rightfully serving her punishment. They have a good relationship. The main problem I have is she will see her mom in a jail jumpsuit and see guards and other inmates that could be intimidating.My daughter doesn’t seem Scared but rather enthusiastic and excited but I still am not sure it is a good idea. Seeing someone she knows in jail could “humanize” the place. You want to go remain a place for “bad people” and seeing her mom there will probably take away that effect

8 hours ago, i1924 said:
Thought I would ask here since there is an off topic section 

The charge is a check fraud charge and it is a seven month sentence. My daughter she seems to be handling it fine. I told her right away about it and she reacted pretty calmly. I told her mom did the wrong thing and is rightfully serving her punishment. They have a good relationship. The main problem I have is she will see her mom in a jail jumpsuit and see guards and other inmates that could be intimidating.My daughter doesn’t seem Scared but rather enthusiastic and excited but I still am not sure it is a good idea. Seeing someone she knows in jail could “humanize” the place. You want to go remain a place for “bad people” and seeing her mom there will probably take away that effect

ImaGoodboyNow has never been to prison, but @LiberalDonaldTrump Has, 

im assuming it’s  county jail since it’s a light 6 month sentence.. I’d have her visit the mom as many times as possible, it’ll benefit the mom and daughter, trust me the mom needs to see The  daughter to break her out of jail Mode she might be in,

and will be a teaching moment for the daughter 

• Like 1