Why these Mater Dei Transfers caught DLS Attn:

Texasfrog

Bay Area News:  Feb.2018    "Why these Mater Dei transfers caught De La Salle attention."

Why these Mater Dei transfers caught De La Salle's attention.  When the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) softened it's transfers policy two years ago. Nobody could predict this outcome.  Rancho Cucamongo players (RB-Sean Dollar- Oregon) and (DB-Jeremiah Criddell- Oklahoma) transferred for one semester to play football at Mater Dei.

When the semester was over they both transferred back to Rancho Cucamongo High School and graduated there.

DLS Coach Alumbaugh..."This type of behavior just kind of seems to be the antithesis of what educational athletics is about."

CIF changed their policy so a student doesn't have to sit out a year for transferring.  Mater Dei example shows the Wild West just keeps getting Wilder.

• Haha 1

Los Angeles Times:

In 2017, Mater Dei had 54 students on their football team listed as transfers for the 2017/18 season.

In 2010, Mater Dei sued the Southern Section after two transfers were declared ineligible.

CIF Southern Section has adjusted it's playoff structure. Teams bringing in the top transfers get placed into the highest level division (D1).  For basketball it's the Open Division.

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

You figured that out all by yourself?

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

You figured that out all by yourself?

Na.... it's an easy Google search and you can find 100's, if not 1,000's of articles on all the Transfers Athletes that Mater Dei has been getting over the past few years.

Los Angeles Times 2018  (Eric Sondheimer).

What's happened over the past 10 years in Southern California is pretty clear.  Top players are big lured from Public Schools to Private Schools with promises of Financial Aid,  transportation and more scholarship offers."

Behind the scenes, understand that it's nowhere near an even playing field at the highest levels of High School sports in California.

• Like 1

ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER:   (Steve Fryer-2019)

"Transfers make a fast exit from Mater Dei and it looks bad for all involved."

CIF-Southern Section created a new transfer rules committee.  What this Transfer committee can accomplish, New Rules that can hold up to LEGAL CHALLENGES.

Putting a halt to high school sports Free Agency will the the Primary Goal.

DLS Coach Alumbaugh, "I didn't know if anyone could've imagined it getting to this level... it has and it's not good for anybody and not good for High School sports.  It's also not good for student-athletes who are not learning about loyalty and commitment."

The adults who are supposed to help create responsible and accountable adults, whether they be coaches, administrators and parents are letting these young people down.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Coach Rollison...."The transfers has nothing to do with the rules. It has to do with exposure and college scholarships."

LMAO... Ya..ya..ya.. the 5-Star and 4-Star and 3-Star transfer kid (from Cali Public) school needed to transfer to Mater Dei for exposure.   Ha-ha-ha, can't make it up!!

Its not weird to you that you care so much about kids transfer in to a private school in another state? We know the top schools in tx bring in whoever they want. We don’t care we want to play you. Excuse after excuse. I hope somebodies paying you for all of this 🤡.  It seems to be heavy on your heart that the top team in Texas wouldn't even play for our southern section championship. Kids want to play in the best program sorry thats at private schools. I know it’s tough to look online and see txhsfb in the shadows but it’s ok buddy we know you guys are the best hahahaha 😂 I’m assuming it’s not a problem to play those vomit  🤮 private schools as that one goofball calls them if you win, but if you lose, then it’s because of x,y, & z. Didn’t kyler Murray the best player to ever play in your state transfer to a better program after his freshman year? “But that’s different he moved in because it’s a better school academically and they played their taxes and voted on the school board. We don’t get transfers because of the football program.” Get out of here with that softness you know exactly why he transferred there. I want to play you guys so bad but at the same time not really cause damn you guys bitch about everything 😂  Soft. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Bosco should seriously be looking at playing Duncanville next season and stop all the uninformed talk.  

They are willing to travel - just not to Texas!

TXBALL..  I already said,  Bosco Coach Negro should just write Duncanville, Allen, SLC, Katy or North Shore ISD a $100,000 check and I'm sure one of them will travel out there to play.

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Its not weird to you that you care so much about kids transfer in to a private school in another state? We know the top schools in tx bring in whoever they want. We don’t care we want to play you. Excuse after excuse. I hope somebodies paying you for all of this 🤡.  It seems to be heavy on your heart that the top team in Texas wouldn't even play for our southern section championship. Kids want to play in the best program sorry thats at private schools. I know it’s tough to look online and see txhsfb in the shadows but it’s ok buddy we know you guys are the best hahahaha 😂 I’m assuming it’s not a problem to play those vomit  🤮 private schools as that one goofball calls them if you win, but if you lose, then it’s because of x,y, & z. Didn’t kyler Murray the best player to ever play in your state transfer to a better program after his freshman year? “But that’s different he moved in because it’s a better school academically and they played their taxes and voted on the school board. We don’t get transfers because of the football program.” Get out of here with that softness you know exactly why he transferred there. I want to play you guys so bad but at the same time not really cause damn you guys bitch about everything 😂  Soft. 

Mater Dei's 2018 team had 54 Transfers on it..     Wake up Fool!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

Bosco should seriously be looking at playing Duncanville next season and stop all the uninformed talk.  

They are willing to travel - just not to Texas!

Oh God, like I said damatrius Davis beat you with a simple offense that relied on athletes offense but you want Bosco? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Oh God, like I said damatrius Davis beat you with a simple offense that relied on athletes offense but you want Bosco? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ha-ha-ha.. DLS thought Euless Trinity had a simple offense too.

• Haha 1