Desoto's Peterman to be fired

thc6795

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Actually, they hurt themselves more and according to Govt stats,US news and world report, are scoring lower that the illegal invaders,Whites and Orientals... Less families that fifty years ago and more fatherless children than ever before.. Is that hurting American or just blacks ??? Blacks are viable Americans,so WTF is the matter with you..PS you never responded to past post on calling you out and schooling you about the clan..

When did you stop learning history?

Obviously some time before the turn of the century 1899-1900? Most everyone knows by now that the platforms of the parties switched some time after the civil war, right around the turn of the century. It was most evidenced in the south and still seen today with the southern strategy. Stop playing the idiot and blowing smoke up people's asses. This platform switch has been discussed on here by astute history buffs several times already.

Just like the state's rights argument is widely used by southerners as the primary reason for the civil war. They conveniently neglect to leave out the rest of the story, that, they wanted the decision to keep slaves as a state right, and saw the abolitionists as destroying their economic cash cow. Right now today, which party is the one always using the state's rights argument? 

You ain't "schooling" nobody on here with your revisionist context being applied and conveniently leaving out all the facts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sportsnut25 said:

Many are saying 4/7 board members want him out cause he's a white guy that is HFC at a school that is mostly African-American. 

No ruling yet though.  

SEGREGATION at it's finest! We have predominantly WHITE Cedar Hill, and three miles down the path, we have DESOTO!

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Even my attempt at a lil humor was attacked as crap by some supposedly old lady who hates rap and Hip Hop.  That must make it a fact.  Just damn.  At least we got Booker T. Washington dug up as a reference.  I see Frederick Douglas on the horizon somehow relating to Desoto and its coach.  Many think of Desoto as some poor urban area, with crack heads everywhere that runs fast and catch footballs.  I tell you stereotypical ignorance is hard to overcome.  I read thru the slight gestures about most predominately African American high schools as well in his failed attempt at the truth.  Maybe that old lady should have been asked about Desoto instead of Rap :D

http://www.focusdailynews.com/2016/12/14/eighteen-desoto-eagles-players-make-texas-academic-state-team/

DeSoto Athletes Make The Grade On, Off The Field

DESOTO—Recently 18 student-athletes from the Eagles football program earned a spot on the Texas Academic All-State Team. The Texas High School Coaches Association recognizes school athletes who excel in the following categories: GPA, class rank and ACT/SAT score.

“We have amazing young men who are intelligent, caring and passionate about their team, who are also skilled athletes,” stated DeSoto Head Football Coach Todd Peterman. “In addition, we have built a solid support system with teachers, administrators, and parents to emphasize the importance of academics. Our students must first succeed in the classroom before they can excel on the field.”

Similar to colleges, DeSoto ISD has an academic advisor. Doug Cox provides tutoring and additional academic resources for football players.

And George Washington Carver is pulling up da rear!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

SEGREGATION at it's finest! We have predominantly WHITE Cedar Hill, and three miles down the path, we have DESOTO!

Clearly you have no concept of Cedar Hill or Desoto but since ignorance knows no bounds you exploded it upon us all in that 1 sentence above. 

Let me see if I can be equally as ignorant about JAWJAA.  It's hard to top you but I shall give it the old college try. xD

SEGREGATION at it's finest! We have predominately WHITE Tucker, and so many miles down the path, we have CREEKSIDE!

Damn, I hate this subject.

This ole country has to many trashy uneducated ignorant people of all races.

It's pretty obvious to me that most on here know nothing about Desoto TX and Cedar Hill TX  - My guess is their is a pretty high percentage of mom's or dad's or both who have graduated from college in these towns. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When did you stop learning history?

Obviously some time before the turn of the century 1899-1900? Most everyone knows by now that the platforms of the parties switched some time after the civil war, right around the turn of the century. It was most evidenced in the south and still seen today with the southern strategy. Stop playing the idiot and blowing smoke up people's asses. This platform switch has been discussed on here by astute history buffs several times already.

Just like the state's rights argument is widely used by southerners as the primary reason for the civil war. They conveniently neglect to leave out the rest of the story, that, they wanted the decision to keep slaves as a state right, and saw the abolitionists as destroying their economic cash cow. Right now today, which party is the one always using the state's rights argument? 

You ain't "schooling" nobody on here with your revisionist context being applied and conveniently leaving out all the facts. 

drummer61 and concha use "real world facts"...xD

this archived DMN story shows the parallels between South Oak Cliff in it's hay day... and what's going on at the Desoto

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/04/26/archives-soc-footballs-decline-began-exit-coach-norman-jett

SOC's somewhat successful white coach sued after he was fired. Federal Courts ruled that he was fired because of race.... the community ran with it and the football program suffered irreparable harm.

SOC was just like Desoto... probably even more talented... but they never won state and many will tell you that Jett took bribes to throw games...

After one playoff loss to a clearly inferior team, all of the coaches got brand new cadillacs

------

Peterson did win state .... and though i'm not too impressed with his coaching, firing him will damage this program... like it did SOC's

cant fight stupidity with stupidity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

this archived DMN story shows the parallels between South Oak Cliff in it's hay day... and what's going on at the Desoto

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/04/26/archives-soc-footballs-decline-began-exit-coach-norman-jett

SOC's somewhat successful white coach sued after he was fired. Federal Courts ruled that he was fired because of race.... the community ran with it and the football program suffered irreparable harm.

SOC was just like Desoto... probably even more talented... but they never won state and many will tell you that Jett took bribes to throw games...

After one playoff loss to a clearly inferior team, all of the coaches got brand new cadillacs

------

Peterson did win state .... and though i'm not too impressed with his coaching, firing him will damage this program... like it did SOC's

I agree, IMO it would be a death sentence for their program to not renew his contract.

1 minute ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

------

Whats wrong with the coaching?

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

Whats wrong with the coaching?

not too much... just not one of the best in this area... he was in some nail biters against far inferior teams...aside from going 6-6 with a team that ranked top 5 in the country that preseason...

but it I don't support removing him at all...even if he didnt win state

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 8:29 AM, rockinl said:

Just as a side note, I know over the years that John King has been HC at Longview, there have been some Lobo parents that made it known without hesitation that they believed that Longview needed a black HC. No other reason. Just that.

So yeah, that short sided, race based mentality is nothing new as far as Ive seen over the last few years at Longview.

My remark to one of them I know well was, "I cant imagine the cries of racism if that were reversed". He actually agreed.

Its silly. A good coach that is also a good person and leader, is just that, regardless of color.

I hear people all the time saying.."cant we all just get past color"?  

I doubt it.

I have no connection to Desoto, but it will be interesting to see the outcome.

That's sad...

from what I gather blacks do appear to be awfully race conscious when it comes to high schools sports... from both ends

***EDIT .. and of course BEING  black... I can definitely understand why we'd be extra cautious towards, anything

I've witnessed with my own eyes Black people disparage both Claude Mathis (while at Desoto) and Reginald Samples (while he was at Skyline) because of their skin color. Though both has taken their respective teams to heights they've never been before... many blacks believed that their race was a hindrance from those teams winning it all ..

apparently we're now faced with a school of bozos from the other side of the spectrum..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

That's sad...

from what I gather blacks do appear to be awfully race conscious when it comes to high schools sports... from both ends

I've witnessed with my own eyes Black people disparage both Claude Mathis (while at Desoto) and Reginald Samples (while he was at Skyline) because of their skin color. Though both has taken their respective teams to heights they've never been before... many blacks believed that their race was a hindrance from those teams winning it all ..

apparently we're now faced with a school of bozos from the other side of the spectrum..

So is the coach still in limbo? Does Desoto have spring ball? Does he coach while waiting for an answer. This is all so fucked up. Again. If he is waiting still my hat is off to him. I would have been gone long ago. Im sure getting a job will not be difficult for him.