OT: Pay for my wall or I'll shut down your government!

noonereal

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

did he do something this asinine? 

what a ridiculous post, you are better than this

plus, isn't it always the GOP who causes this? honest? 

oK, I'll get a ridiculous partisan reply. 

God bless this country because the folks here in it are killing it. 

When they get back offin their vacation, they MAY find someone ELSE sitting at their desk!

10 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Trump's MAIN platform was to erect a wall!

Symbolic waste of money. The intent is much better served through drone surveillance at fraction of the cost.

Just like the repeal of Obiecare was a symbolic chant that the GOP and Trump are now frightened of. The old, careful what you wish for. 

30 minutes ago, concha said:

Wall will happen.

Parties are getting closer on Barrycare repeal.

2 questions (crosses his figures and hopes for a serious, considered reply)

1) Do you think the wall is of much value in accomplishing the goals. Stopping the flow of immigration and drugs?

2) Do you think shifting one billion from healthcare to the pockets of the wealthy is prudent? (please explain why)

a footnote, Obiecare is not being repealed, it is being replaced and most things he did will stay with the exception of protecting the most vulnerable of our citizenry. 

• Like 1

Just now, noonereal said:

2 questions (crosses his figures and hopes for a serious, considered reply)

1) Do you think the wall is of much value in accomplishing the goals. Stopping the flow of immigration and drugs?  [Combined with clear policies that are already reducing illegal immigration hugely, and increased border manpower... yes. Also, I understand there is the possibility of MS-13 being declared a terrorist organization, which would essentially declare war on those assholes.]

2) Do you think shifting one billion from healthcare to the pockets of the wealthy is prudent? (please explain why) [Please provide a reference/link.]

a footnote, Obiecare is not being repealed, it is being replaced and most things he did will stay with the exception of protecting the most vulnerable of our citizenry. [Final plan being negotiated. And having health insurance is not necessarily helpful with huge deductibles people can't afford to begin with.]

3 minutes ago, concha said:

thanks, 

I was unaware MS-13 may be declared a terrorist group but it makes sense given I heard Sessions is headed to Long Island today. Good move. 

I am sure you are aware Trump wants to pass Obie reform before moving forward on tax breaks to use the saving to help pay for the tax breaks which are targeted to business owners predominately, small and large. These tend to be the most affluent among us. 

A follow up question:

Do you feel the cost of the wall makes it cost effective? As you say it would be just one piece of the puzzle.

Could we not do much better with drones and an increase of boarder agents alone? Certainly this is more bag for the buck? 

I read that even most Texans do not support the wall construction. I just see another Bush Jr blow up the debt presidency trying to unfold.  

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

thanks, 

I was unaware MS-13 may be declared a terrorist group but it makes sense given I heard Sessions is headed to Long Island today. Good move. 

I am sure you are aware Trump wants to pass Obie reform before moving forward on tax breaks to use the saving to help pay for the tax breaks which are targeted to business owners predominately, small and large. These tend to be the most affluent among us. 

A follow up question:

Do you feel the cost of the wall makes it cost effective? As you say it would be just one piece of the puzzle.

Could we not do much better with drones and an increase of boarder agents alone? Certainly this is more bag for the buck? 

I read that even most Texans do not support the wall construction. I just see another Bush Jr blow up the debt presidency trying to unfold.  

The costs of illegal immigration are huge. Crime, schools, emergency rooms, the driving down of wages for our low-income citizens, the remittances sent back to Mexico that are dollars paid here but not spent here...

I don't buy into not having effective physical barriers. They seem to have worked well in Israel.

10 minutes ago, noonereal said:

thanks, 

A follow up question:

Most Texans do not support a wall? Well that is a 100% contrast to the farmers and ranchers on the Az border. They overwhelmingly want the wall to be built.

1 minute ago, concha said:

I don't buy into not having effective physical barriers. They seem to have worked well in Israel.

understand however: one man's security wall is another's apartheid wall. I would submit that Israel commits a great injustice under the name of security.  

-------------------------------------------------------

see, I knew you could post responsibly, insightfully!  Cajun has no such abilities. He is just a dope. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

understand however: one man's security wall is another's apartheid wall. I would submit that Israel commits a great injustice under the name of security.  

-------------------------------------------------------

see, I knew you could post responsibly, insightfully!  Cajun has no such abilities. He is just a dope. 

1) I don't give a shit how people it.  This isn't South Africa oppressing its own citizens internally.

It is our border with another country. People who can't make the distinction are idiots. Period.

2) I disagree about Israel.

3)  I post responsibly with facts and data all the time. Unlike you.

3 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

I'm giving you the Az perspective. I'd be hard pressed to think that Texas landowners didn't feel the same way.

I agree.

What I found is a slanted story that says no boarder state representative has come out to support the billion dollar wall yet... If this is what generated the blurb I heard, that is a very different thing.

I did find a day old Quinnipiac poll that showed 2/3's of America do not support it. 

12 minutes ago, concha said:

The costs of illegal immigration are huge. Crime, schools, emergency rooms, the driving down of wages for our low-income citizens, the remittances sent back to Mexico that are dollars paid here but not spent here...

Concha, do you think fixing Obama care is possible?  I mean if they spent the last 7 years trying to fix it instead of repeal could they have made it better?  Wouldn't that be better for everybody?  If not, is there anything good about Obama care that you see?  Anything worth keeping?  

7 minutes ago, concha said:

1) I don't give a shit how people it.  This isn't South Africa oppressing its own citizens internally.

It is our border with another country. People who can't make the distinction are idiots. Period.

2) I disagree about Israel.

3)  I post responsibly with facts and data all the time. Unlike you.

No, you generally call names and attack the poster not the post.

You seem to have a rather serious anger management issue. I can help you with that. Just let me know. 

peace out fat boy, I knew you could not stay reasonable for long. :|

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Concha, do you think fixing Obama care is possible?  I mean if they spent the last 7 years trying to fix it instead of repeal could they have made it better?  Wouldn't that be better for everybody?  If not, is there anything good about Obama care that you see?  Anything worth keeping?  

No one ever tried to repeal it.

It was a political stunt to repeatedly take meaningless votes.

Now the GOP has no clue what to do with the hot potato.  

Pretty irresponsible. 

Personally, I'd like to see it repealed not "fixed." 

A "fix" will inevitably make a much bigger mess. 

2 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Forgive answering a question with a question, but Obamacare was passed ideologically.  Not one Republican voted for it, many if not most Dems hadn't read it, and the Dems forced it on America in a very "fuck you, eat it" manner.  How in that situation would cooperation be reasonably expected?

1 minute ago, concha said:

Forgive answering a question with a question, but Obamacare was passed ideologically.  Not one Republican voted for it, many if not most Dems hadn't read it, and the Dems forced it on America in a very "fuck you, eat it" manner.  How in that situation would cooperation be reasonably expected?

You did not answer his question. 

Also, he did not speak of cooperation. The GOP holds both houses. 

Why dodge, say what you want. 

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No, you generally call names and attack the poster not the post.

You seem to have a rather serious anger management issue. I can help you with that. Just let me know. 

peace out fat boy, I knew you could not stay reasonable for long. :|

Nooner, I back up my arguments with facts and data immeasurably more than you do.

As an FYI, everyone knows you to be a faux intellectual floating around here with fact and evidence-free posts (almost exclusively).

Have a nice day, Chinless.

27 minutes ago, concha said:

Lol. You guys are seriously fooling yourselves if you think a wall is going to curb immigration or drugs coming in. The US is far too dependent on both. It will never happen. I heard his interview yesterday where he claims drugs coming into the country is down 73%. Lol. How the fuck can you quantify That? Did he take a survey of the cartels asking them to rank on a scale from 1 to 10 how they felt it was getting their drugs in? Down 73%? Yet anybody can get access to blow easier than a prescription from a Dr. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Lol. You guys are seriously fooling yourselves if you think a wall is going to curb immigration or drugs coming in. The US is far too dependent on both. It will never happen. I heard his interview yesterday where he claims drugs coming into the country is down 73%. Lol. How the fuck can you quantify That? Did he take a survey of the cartels asking them to rank on a scale from 1 to 10 how the felt it has getting their drugs in? Down 73%? Yet anybody can get access to blow easier than a prescription from a Dr. 

Thanks for your personal opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Nooner, I back up my arguments with facts and data immeasurably more than you do.

you really think you do, don't you? 

What you do is, for the most part, a waste of time. Honest. 

I speak to concepts, theories, reasoned eventualities born of circumstance and challenges. 

I refuse to dwell in minutia which is where you try to drag everything, everyone. 

you mindlessly support dogma

wing nut dogma. This is your choice, you are not stupid, you are just not able to free yourself from tribal devotions,

going so far as to manufacture graphs in your basement

hope this helps!

latter fatty :)

(read this through slow with your thinking cap on, you will learn something about yourself, you can skip the funny parts!:P)

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Noon, much of what concha  says is conservative principal and is devoid of theory...The theory world is fun,but now, solid conservatism is what he and many other aspire too. I agree with much he has to say..

i am fine with disagreeing with him or agreeing with him. For 3 posts he was able to govern himself and post as an adult. It was great. I loved it. We did not agree. So what?

What I don't like is his constant manipulation of fact. He posts graphs from wing nut sites which have been put together to mislead.

I can make numbers say whatever it is I want to sell. It's not hard to do. 

He then insists you "play his game." As if these partisan graphs require rebuttal.

That does two things, if you take the time to refuse the BS, you are being controlled in the conversation by him. 

If you don't, he claims victory. It's a good strategy for arguing but TOTALLY void of substance. His mind is closed and he can't grow. 

Read his posts a bit objectively. 8 out of 10 posts he attacks the poster not the post. Again, no real communication is possible like he and I  had in 3 posts today.