GardenStateBaller

SJR 28 at BC 10 F

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IS SJR still banged up from the SFA game?  When will their injured guys be back?

All of those kids went into SFA Game banged up. They played because SFA is a game they prioritized just like Bergen. They will take the shot if they have to. I don't think many will miss this game due to things like ankle sprains and bruises. If you think back to last year state chip Estime played on broken foot, and Epps played with a bad high ankle sprain that kept him out of the three games prior to the chip. All this to say I think most will play and sit out the Seton Hall Prep game in prep for SPP.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

All of those kids went into SFA Game banged up. They played because SFA is a game they prioritized just like Bergen. They will take the shot if they have to. I don't think many will miss this game due to things like ankle sprains and bruises. If you think back to last year state chip Estime played on broken foot, and Epps played with a bad high ankle sprain that kept him out of the three games prior to the chip. All this to say I think most will play and sit out the Seton Hall Prep game in prep for SPP.

SJR how about the banged up BC guys?? I think we had 4 guys go down against DBP including Morant

36 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

SJR how about the banged up BC guys?? I think we had 4 guys go down against DBP including Morant

Morant done for season. Everyone else that began the season should be active.

10 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

amazing..i blame the coach for that injury

59 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

amazing..i blame the coach for that injury

Because he was getting carries on offense? I didn't watch bosco game …..

1 hour ago, SJR 04 said:

That's not good. whats official injury?

32 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Because he was getting carries on offense? I didn't watch bosco game …..

yes   I can't stand it when coaches take their best players (athletes) and play them out of position, especially when the game isn't make or break. State finals?? I get it! So now we will face SJR and maybe in the playoffs SPP without one of the top safeties in the country because he was effing sacrificed by a coach who overthinks things. Someone explain to me what the friggin logic was in doing this! Just short sighted. 

18 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

yes   I can't stand it when coaches take their best players (athletes) and play them out of position, especially when the game isn't make or break. State finals?? I get it! So now we will face SJR and maybe in the playoffs SPP without one of the top safeties in the country because he was effing sacrificed by a coach who overthinks things. Someone explain to me what the friggin logic was in doing this! Just short sighted. 

Losing a player of his caliber incredibly  diminishes their chances of winning state and beating spp or sjr like you said. kid is a stud. 

BC has had a lot of injuries over the years to some of their better players... more than any other nationally recognized team that I can think of..... 

10 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Losing a player of his caliber incredibly  diminishes their chances of winning state and beating spp or sjr like you said. kid is a stud. 

BC has had a lot of injuries over the years to some of their better players... more than any other nationally recognized team that I can think of..... 

And there goes the #1 Kickoff Return man in the BNU

14 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Last year I gave a pass to the coaching staff because it was Vito's first year and the glow of the 2017 Chip was still shining but I can no longer just sit back and not criticize and say that these things are just bad luck. The coaching staff is really only responsible for 2 things: play calling and personnel management and in this department they have failed. I'll go one step further MJD than you, it doesn't diminish their chances it outright precludes them from winning it. SJR will be running the ball on Saturday and without a secondary that can play Man Coverage we will be gashed on the ground just like SPP did. We are ranked 3rd in the state and unfortunately I believe that is where we will finish.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And there goes the #1 Kickoff Return man in the BNU

I wouldn't of had him return kicks to be honest.... but losing arguably the best S in the country bigger issue than losing him as a kick returner. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Here’s your One Free stream this year @AztecPadre

You can also watch the game by going to Bergencatholic.org, athletics homepage, click on LocalLive and sign up for free and watch the game

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

You can also watch the game by going to Bergencatholic.org, athletics homepage, click on LocalLive and sign up for free and watch the game

I like BCs chances this week. Although both teams are reeling with injuries, BC at home playing for AD McGovern tilts the scale in their favor this week. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I like BCs chances this week. Although both teams are reeling with injuries, BC at home playing for AD McGovern tilts the scale in their favor this week. 

Are they still splitting reps at QB

27 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

look very rarely are these games blowouts but I have to give the edge to SJR for the simple reason that they are more battle tested and have the superior running backs. BC has played 4 games and only 1 was against a top tier team that had the talent to go toe to toe and SPP won that game. And yes GSB I don't consider (when both teams are healthy) DBP on the same level as the top 3 because of their inferior line play. The deciding factor as to whether Bergen squeeks out a victory will come down to the BC O-line vs. the SJR D-front. The Bergen O-line is very physical and for the first time in God knows how long the SJR D line is at least questionable.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

look very rarely are these games blowouts but I have to give the edge to SJR for the simple reason that they are more battle tested and have the superior running backs. BC has played 4 games and only 1 was against a top tier team that had the talent to go toe to toe and SPP won that game. And yes GSB I don't consider (when both teams are healthy) DBP on the same level as the top 3 because of their inferior line play. The deciding factor as to whether Bergen squeeks out a victory will come down to the BC O-line vs. the SJR D-front. The Bergen O-line is very physical and for the first time in God knows how long the SJR D line is at least questionable.

you are correct but it's both sides of the ball for both teams...if Audric plays and BC D line can slow him down and maybe make SJR use Powell that helps BC offense.  if SJR can run the ball,,,that opens play action, where Alaimo is at his best...which then exposes the loss of Morant.  If SJR was fully healthy would go 24-14 type of game....but think this might be a close game....

4 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

you are correct but it's both sides of the ball for both teams...if Audric plays and BC D line can slow him down and maybe make SJR use Powell that helps BC offense.  if SJR can run the ball,,,that opens play action, where Alaimo is at his best...which then exposes the loss of Morant.  If SJR was fully healthy would go 24-14 type of game....but think this might be a close game....

All true..this is where we go back to the ignorant coaching decision to start your 5* safety and  defensive captain in a running back & kick return role. Already minus your other stud Dback in Jaeden Gould and now when you would love to be able to stack the box and make Alaimo beat you, you pretty much can't because you don't have the personnel. Great Job Vito! I also expect that as usual in these big games that DeBellis' defense will get exposed for big plays. Can't do anything about hurricanes but scheduling both Imhotep Charter and Irvington make me very squeamish about Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

All true..this is where we go back to the ignorant coaching decision to start your 5* safety and  defensive captain in a running back & kick return role. Already minus your other stud Dback in Jaeden Gould and now when you would love to be able to stack the box and make Alaimo beat you, you pretty much can't because you don't have the personnel. Great Job Vito! I also expect that as usual in these big games that DeBellis' defense will get exposed for big plays. Can't do anything about hurricanes but scheduling both Imhotep Charter and Irvington make me very squeamish about Saturday. 

at this point for the Big 3, not sure why you would ever schedule a NJ public unless of a cancellation of a OOS game etc.....the SFA game was brutal physically but Auggie is going lean downfield with his O line and run a ton of Audric / Epps....if that happens game over....thy will open the offense up...ball control etc....also BC has a very good O line...but the SJR defense is bend don't break all year....what side does BC tackle Felter  play....can he play  both sides.? will Vito automatically put him against Vanover?   if so that will some fun football to watch...and of course....Monte always making plays....kids football IQ is off the charts.....

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

SJR barely beat lowly PC last week, while BC cruised. And who knows how healthy Estime will be come Saturday. Without him, both RB corps are equal IMO. 

26 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

at this point for the Big 3, not sure why you would ever schedule a NJ public unless of a cancellation of a OOS game etc.....the SFA game was brutal physically but Auggie is going lean downfield with his O line and run a ton of Audric / Epps....if that happens game over....thy will open the offense up...ball control etc....also BC has a very good O line...but the SJR defense is bend don't break all year....what side does BC tackle Felter  play....can he play  both sides.? will Vito automatically put him against Vanover?   if so that will some fun football to watch...and of course....Monte always making plays....kids football IQ is off the charts.....

Felter is the left tackle..I said a couple of weeks ago after the SPP loss that BC (like most years) will put up their fair share of points. The problem is the D!! What was suppose to be the stronger unit is now riddled with ?? and to be honest has only been tested really 1 game and they didn't bend but broke. Now you can compensate for the loss of great personnel like Morant against inferior teams but you can't against top caliber teams like SJR. If the Green Knights can get off the field early with a few stops I can't see them losing this game. I'll go 31-17 SJR. I have to honor the trophy, the schedule and competition and the coaching staff. Bergen to me has more question marks than answers right now and I have very little faith in the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments to right a ship that for some reason to me seems to be very weak. Am I overreacting and overly pessimistic? Maybe. As a loyal alumnus I hope I will be ridiculed on this board come Saturday night but as of now I have to call it like I see it.

2 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

It will come down to the battle of the QBs. Nothing more or less. Keep an eye on it. Bergen will be able to run just as well as SJR if not better. @GardenStateBaller I don't think Estime will play if he plays he will be hobbled.

• Thanks 1