Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

4 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

More importantly to me, would you care to weigh in on what he actually said?

No system is perfect nor 100% fool proof. I’m sure there is a level of cheating and coaches working the system.  The question becomes the degree to which this happens.  I don’t think it’s pervasive 

2 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Look up!  That was a little joke that flew right over your head. I was trying to inject a little humor into the conversation....

Sometimes text intent is not always understood unless emojis or  j/k are usually added.  Just sayin’ 

anyways I answered the more important question you asked 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No system is perfect nor 100% fool proof. I’m sure there is a level of cheating and coaches working the system.  The question becomes the degree to which this happens.  I don’t think it’s pervasive 

I believe the degree to which athletic transfers happen in TX is pervasive and the “system” does a poor job of hiding it.  The numbers are there to support my opinion. Anyway, gotta bolt. Will check in later.  Peace. 

17 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

I believe the degree to which athletic transfers happen in TX is pervasive and the “system” does a poor job of hiding it.  The numbers are there to support my opinion. Anyway, gotta bolt. Will check in later.  Peace. 

First question:. If transfers are pervasive then why is it schools like Allen, Desoto and others don’t gain more 4/5 **** athletes who attend other, less revered programs?  This is relevant b/c the DFW area produces a high level of D1 athletes a year.  This question is layered and requires knowing the DFW area talent pool.

second question:  not all schools benefit the same with transfers, but yet coach performance is important for job security and growth.  So in this alleged quid pro quo, what benefit does a coach gain to blindly agree to a transfer when and if his program is typically a giver of transfers and he rarely receives one?

You can answer at your own leisure ... appreciate the rational, respectful dialogue 

Transfers and Recruited Transfers are two different animals 

Mount Vernon HS 5-0 on the year just had two players ruled ineligible after both had been ruled eligible.  Texas takes this stuff a lot more serious than you guys realize.

We have shown multiple top end talent that was ruled against just this year.  We have proven open enrollment doesn’t mean what you think.  Best example of that was 3 kids who tried to transfer into Skyline who has open enrollment-  all 3 ruled against.  The top ranked WR in the state is not playing ball this year because he tried to transfer.

I can assure if any public school coach had any reason to believe another coach was recruiting players they would be turned immediately to the UIL.  It’s not acceptable standard in Texas. Does this mean 100% that it never happens probably not!  As long as they keep the scores in contest - I am sure some will try breaking the rules.

Another fact is our private schools are not allowed to recruit either.

You Cali boys ever heard of “General Booty”  lol  Do you know why he is the starting QB at JSerra now and where he played at last year?  He was at Cornerstone Christian in San Antonio his dad was the coach —The Booty family was connected to the elite teams at ECA LA years ago.  He was recruiting at Cornerstone and it forced Cornerstone Christian to withdrawl from Tapps so all the transfers would not be ineligible.

http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/high-school/booty-era-ends-after-just-one-season-at-cornerstone-christian

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I can assure if any public school coach had any reason to believe another coach was recruiting players they would be turned immediately to the UIL.  It’s not acceptable standard in Texas. Does this mean 100% that it never happens probably not! 

What makes you think this is any different in CA? You don't think that there are literally dozens/hundreds of coaches who would love to be the ones to take down MD/SJB with these sorts of allegations?

16 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Funny thing about this fact, it's also true for CA privates.

31 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Transfers and Recruited Transfers are two different animals 

Mount Vernon HS 5-0 on the year just had two players ruled ineligible after both had been ruled eligible.  Texas takes this stuff a lot more serious than you guys realize.

We have shown multiple top end talent that was ruled against just this year.  We have proven open enrollment doesn’t mean what you think.  Best example of that was 3 kids who tried to transfer into Skyline who has open enrollment-  all 3 ruled against.  The top ranked WR in the state is not playing ball this year because he tried to transfer.

I can assure if any public school coach had any reason to believe another coach was recruiting players they would be turned immediately to the UIL.  It’s not acceptable standard in Texas. Does this mean 100% that it never happens probably not!  As long as they keep the scores in contest - I am sure some will try breaking the rules.

You Cali boys ever heard of “General Booty”  lol  Do you know why he is the starting QB at JSerra now and where he played at last year?  He was at Cornerstone Christian in San Antonio his dad was the coach —The Booty family was connected to the elite teams at ECA LA years ago.  He was recruiting at Cornerstone and it forced Cornerstone Christian to withdrawl from Tapps so all the transfers would not be ineligible.

http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/high-school/booty-era-ends-after-just-one-season-at-cornerstone-christian

San Antonio Cornerstone Christian was reported by several San Antonio area Public School coaches for recruiting players..   They had 8 football transfers and it was reported and the TAPPS did an investigation and basically told Cornerstone Christian they had to withdraw from TAPPS membership for cheating.

Mater Dei Coach Rollins..."They say we had over 20 transfers but the truth is we only had 11."  MAXPREPS.

13 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

What makes you think this is any different in CA? You don't think that there are literally dozens/hundreds of coaches who would love to be the ones to take down MD/SJB with these sorts of allegations?

Know body is willing to do anything about it...They all are doing it.

Can you only say that you would put your hand on the holy bible and say that SJB does not recruit players from other teams for specific needs?

If Public Schools like Katy,  Allen, SLC , North Shore, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville and few others around the State recruited..   They would easily have rosters filled with FBS-Power5 prospects all over the place each year.

Like I said...  The biggest question is when does Mater Dei have their new QB announce..  Before or after New Years Day 2020?

Just now, Texasfrog said:

If Public Schools like Katy,  Allen, SLC , North Shore, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville and few others around the State recruited..   They would easily have rosters filled with FBS-Power5 prospects all over the place each year.

Like I said...  The biggest question is when does Mater Dei have their new QB announce..  Before or after New Years Day 2020?

Bro how many threads are we gonna post that Texas schools recruit as well stop being a bitch dude

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Can you only say that you would put your hand on the holy bible and say that SJB does not recruit players from other teams for specific needs?

Financial Aid=  Athletic Scholarship =  Recruiting!   Nuff Said!

19 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

No it's not the same..   First in Texas there is a Public School Sports Gov body (UIL) and Private School Sports Gov body (TAPPS).

In California there is one that rules both (CIF).    The CIF has thrown in the white flag because of all the lawsuits and in 2017 that basically said....  "Have it.. Free Agency period is here!! and teams like Mater Dei and SJB went into warp-speed overdrive!!

It makes sense since the vast majority of the lawsuits were coming from one school.....  MATER DEI!!

I mean give me a break..  The two Rancho Cucamonga highly regarded football prospects (Sean Dollar and J.Criddell) transfers to Mater Dei for one semester  (FOOTBALL SEMESTER!!"  LMFAO..    

You can't make that crap up!!!

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Ah yes, a massive conspiracy spanning hundreds of schools and thousands of people without a single person breaking ranks is surely the most logical and reasonable explanation.

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Want to ask that question differently?

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bro how many threads are we gonna post that Texas schools recruit as well stop being a bitch dude

When California is willing to man up like other states (NJ/MD- Much respect) and openly talk about recruiting and the financial aide/Scholarships - This subject will go away!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dntn31 said:

Ah yes, a massive conspiracy spanning hundreds of schools and thousands of people without a single person breaking ranks is surely the most logical and reasonable explanation.

Want to ask that question differently?

LOL..  so all the kids on SJB and Mater Dei are paying the full Private school tuition ($18,000) out of their own families bank-account?

Here... Let me help you out with that answer.    NO!!!!    Many of the kids on Mater Dei and SJB football roster are own basically an athletic scholarship to come to that Private School and play football.

Let me guess.. It's not an athletic scholarship but its financial Aid.. LMAO!!

Financial Aid =  Athletic Scholarship = RECRUITING!!

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

No it's not the same..   First in Texas there is a Public School Sports Gov body (UIL) and Private School Sports Gov body (TAPPS).

In California there is one that rules both (CIF).    The CIF has thrown in the white flag because of all the lawsuits and in 2017 that basically said....  "Have it.. Free Agency period is here!! and teams like Mater Dei and SJB went into warp-speed overdrive!!

It makes sense since the vast majority of the lawsuits were coming from one school.....  MATER DEI!!

I mean give me a break..  The two Rancho Cucamonga highly regarded football prospects (Sean Dollar and J.Criddell) transfers to Mater Dei for one semester  (FOOTBALL SEMESTER!!"  LMFAO..    

You can't make that crap up!!!

Then signed their ships at RC instead of MD.  Hell thats slap in the face to both schools

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

When California is willing to man up like other states (NJ/MD- Much respect) and openly talk about recruiting and the financial aide/Scholarships - This subject will go away!

They won't do it..   Even though there is 1,000 of articles, statements and ect showing the truth. 

The Trinity League Private School people (Especially at Mater Dei and SJB) are like a Narcissistic Football Cult..  The Trinity League is basically.....  "Private School Football Scientology." 

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

LOL..  so all the kids on SJB and Mater Dei are paying the full Private school tuition ($18,000) out of their own families bank-account?

Here... Let me help you out with that answer.    NO!!!!    Many of the kids on Mater Dei and SJB football roster are own basically an athletic scholarship to come to that Private School and play football.

Let me guess.. It's not an athletic scholarship but its financial Aid.. LMAO!!

Financial Aid =  Athletic Scholarship = RECRUITING!!

The nice thing about posters like you is that I don't even have to bother responding. You do a great job digging your own grave. I rather strongly encourage you to keep posting on this topic. 😂

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

The nice thing about posters like you is that I don't even have to bother responding. You do a great job digging your own grave. I rather strongly encourage you to keep posting on this topic. 😂

Like I said..   Trinity League =  Private School football Scientology.

We don't do that... No..no..no.. we dont do those things ... NO, no, no.. it's everyone else... blah blah blah blah..

Listen... the only thing truly tough about the Trinity League is who is beating out who during the California Transfer football season which is a 365 Day Process for them!

This is what get's me the most...This is really my opinion -  MD and the likes stopped carrying about kids!  4 year do it right kids who many would have been solid HS players have been thrown to the curb like trash - For recruited athletes that could give two shits about MD or schools like them. Some of these kids are likely leaving after one semester because (football is over and they truly can't handle the academic side)  All for the Mythical National Championship!   The one dude on Orange County Forums said it best, "They didn't belong here and they are not MD kids."

It's really shame and many of their Alumni just sit back and turn blind eye to it...Yet, we can see in the Orange County Forums some do not.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is what get's me the most...This is really my opinion -  MD and the likes stopped carrying about kids!  4 year do it right kids who many would have been solid HS players have been thrown to the curb like trash - For recruited athletes that could give two shits about MD or schools like them. Some of these kids are likely leaving after one semester because (football is over and they truly can't handle the academic side)  All for the Mythical National Championship!   The one dude on Orange County Forums said it best, "They didn't belong here and they are not MD kids."

It's really shame and many of their Alumni just sit back and turn blind eye to it...Yet, we can see in the Orange County Forums some do not.

Mater Dei Coach Rollison..... "Work hard boys... Work hard.. commitment, dedication, courage.... Teammates... 

3 Stripes... 3 Stripes....

Hey Little Johnny... I know you've been our program for years and been working your butt off.  But you aint going to play much because we just brought in a couple of 4-Star recruits that will be starting in your spot.

But hey... 3 STRIPES!!!!