Sign in to follow this  
Texasball

Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

22 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Im not guessing.  I asked you to show me these impact mesquite players on all 3 rosters.  So far it's one school.  

You think there's this 50 mile radius these teams will get talent from because they're open enrollment, but they're all located within 5 miles of each other

Your example was horrible.  Skyline is 26 miles away from these schools. 

The example was spot on, samples had relied on mesquite talent regardless of how close his school was 

you talk a lot but offer no proof of anything where any of these kids come from.

ive given you mesquite, Lynch SOC, Dallas and you’ve provided nothing but blank speculation

Grand Prairie is another source. 

23 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I believe,  that if a team is powerful in an area immediate to another,  the kids will go there not the upstart.  I also believe there isn't enough talent for all 3 and history is on my side. Your argument is based on opinion and a school 26 miles away

This is where you are wrong cause well you just don't get the talent level of the area.  

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The example was spot on, samples had relied on mesquite talent regardless of how close his school was 

you talk a lot but offer no proof of anything where any of these kids come from.

No it's not spot on. Different areas of DFW

I ask again,  show us the Mesquite starters for all 3 at the same time

19 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

2019 starters from Mesquite for Desoto, Cedar Hill and Duncanville. Ill wait 

You provide, you’re the one with the theory that they only live in their respective towns.  You’ll fall flat on your face bc in reality you don’t have a clue 

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is where you are wrong cause well you just don't get the talent level of the area.  

It's never supported 3 top teams has it.

Spare me the Lancaster crap

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You provide, you’re the one with the theory that they only live in their respective towns.  You’ll fall flat on your face bc in reality you don’t have a clue 

Why would I provide you with something that you're using to come up with an opinion

Horse- Well they'll raid mesquite like they have. Can you show evidence that supports your claim,  no that's your job. I'll just post the 3 players I know

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Why would I provide you with something that you're using to come up with an opinion

Horse- Well they'll raid mesquite like they have. Can you show evidence that supports your claim,  no that's your job. I'll just post the 3 players I know

You didn’t know them!  😂

You had no idea they were from mesquite you thought the talent was local. Desoto has a 3**** OL Amarji Reed from mesquite.

thats 26 niles away.  

You didn’t know them!  😂

You had no idea they were from mesquite you thought the talent was local. Desoto has a 3**** OL Amarji Reed from mesquite.

thats 26 niles away.  

Thanks for looking it up

So one player that transferred for his senior year. So he's not a mesquite kid unless you're saying it's a move for athletics and the UIL missed it

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

In TX, open enrollment schools battle closed district (boundary) enrollment, and the best win.  End of day, this itself supports coaches "accepting" transfers/move-ins/travelers/et al...so they can better the chance to win.  The motivation to do this is parent, coach, and athlete driven...winning.  Why?, because folks are competitive and will bend and skirt and take advantage of rules to win.  We declare a "winner" in TX and give them diamond rings...then they get recruited more, and get paid (maybe)...this is the rule by which everyone plays in TX.  The metro areas are more prone to "accept" transfers because the commute or literal move is more plausible...certain Districts are harder to move into, like say...SLC or Highland Park-so that dynamic is vastly different than a Samples coached team.  I'd argue that when these districts succeed it's not necessarily all associated with transfers, but more coaching.  Not to say Samples (& others) can't coach, but you see the point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Thanks for looking it up

So one player that transferred for his senior year. So he's not a mesquite kid unless you're saying it's a move for athletics and the UIL missed it

There was nothing to look up, I already knew these kids were from mesquite

I offered starters they are the highest rank either on the team or in their position on the team.  

I never said every kid is from out of the area, but they do have talent from as far as 26 miles.  That’s not local or on the I20 corridor 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

There was nothing to look up, I already knew these kids were from mesquite

I offered starters they are the highest rank either on the team or in their position on the team.  

I never said every kid is from out of the area, but they do have talent from as far as 26 miles.  That’s not local or on the I20 corridor 

You just used a move in to support your mesquite claim though.  So either the kid pulled a fast one on the UIL or he actually physically moved.  Which means he isn't a mesquite kid

5 minutes ago, CalTX said:

In TX, open enrollment schools battle closed district (boundary) enrollment, and the best win.  End of day, this itself supports coaches "accepting" transfers/move-ins/travelers/et al...so they can better the chance to win.  The motivation to do this is parent, coach, and athlete driven...winning.  Why?, 

I agree,  and the battle for talent is never spread out evenly.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I agree,  and the battle for talent is never spread out evenly.  

The interesting question (maybe for this board) is, since certain talent moves around metro areas and certain teams seem to amass that talent, then "How good are the winning coaches, really? Or was it the talent base that excelled for them"?  There are opinions!  Football guys know-and certain former players who have sons now playing...the real ones...look where their kids are to tell at least pert of the story.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You just used a move in to support your mesquite claim though.  So either the kid pulled a fast one on the UIL or he actually physically moved.  Which means he isn't a mesquite kid

You’re viewing this myopically. If, as an ex, he has s parent that works or took a job in Desoto ISD he can be waived from residency.  He doesn’t have to move.  I don’t know his status but you sure as hell don’t nor are you familiar with all the rules.  

You’re guessing 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You’re viewing this myopically. If, as an ex, he has s parent that works or took a job in Desoto ISD he can be waived from residency.  He doesn’t have to move.  I don’t know his status but you sure as hell don’t nor are you familiar with all the rules.  

You’re guessing 

Sounds like you're guessing. 

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Sounds like you're guessing. 

Im the only one presenting actual kids and where they came from

you wee lost when you went down the path of trying to ID the plethora of DV transfers.  Then you moved your goalpost from claiming “4/5 star transfers yearly” to “averaging 3* a year.”

the whole point is DV doesn’t rely on just Duncanville or kids that come from Desoto and chill so their talent is not dependent on those schools downfall 

the other thing to show distance is not a factor, DEsotos QB was at skyline last year and DV the year before.  I’d bet he’s not moving to these schools, but they are 20 miles between the farthest schools 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Im the only one presenting actual kids and where they came from

you wee lost when you went down the path of trying to ID the plethora of DV transfers.  Then you moved your goalpost from claiming “4/5 star transfers yearly” to “averaging 3* a year.”

the whole point is DV doesn’t rely on just Duncanville or kids that come from Desoto and chill so their talent is not dependent on those schools downfall 

Really? You just presented a transfer as a kid from Mesquite 26 miles away. Maybe you know something the UIL doesn't cause he'd be ineligible if he lives in mesquite. 

I never said it did.  Their talent is dependent on a radius all three share.  That radius can't supply all 3 sufficient talent to be top 10 in Texas. You think it can,  but history says otherwise

10 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Really? You just presented a transfer as a kid from Mesquite 26 miles away. Maybe you know something the UIL doesn't cause he'd be ineligible if he lives in mesquite. 

I never said it did.  Their talent is dependent on a radius all three share.  That radius can't supply all 3 sufficient talent to be top 10 in Texas. You think it can,  but history says otherwise

You don’t know the UIL rules well enough to know who is ineligible or not.  Stop acting as if you do 

I’f he has a parent that was hired into Desoto he’s eligible without moving, if he is moving don a school that is rated poorly academically by the state, he can transfer.  He may have actually moved into the district as well.  

I already told you about that history, you like to ignore coaches at those schools at the time because it kills your theory.  You also have not addressed Lancaster who is more talented than Chill, where does their talent come from? 

You also bring up the I20 corridor as if you know.  What cities make up that stretch? 

You don’t know the UIL rules well enough to know who is ineligible or not.  Stop acting as if you do 

I’f he has a parent that was hired into Desoto he’s eligible without moving, if he is moving don a school that is rated poorly academically by the state, he can transfer.  He may have actually moved into the district as well.  

I already told you about that history, you like to ignore coaches at those schools at the time because it kills your theory.  You also have not addressed Lancaster who is more talented than Chill, where does their talent come from? 

So what is it horse? Did he move or not?

Lancaster is more talented than Cedar hill  by what metric? Because overall no they're not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

So what is it horse? Did he move or not?

Lancaster is more talented than Cedar hill  by what metric? Because overall no they're not.

Don’t know but he’s from mesquite, either he transferred or is a move in from outside he corridor.  Do you think he made a move from 26 miles away? 

Yes, check it out on 247.  Lancaster has more top talent

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Don’t know but he’s from mesquite, either he transferred or is a move in from outside he corridor.  Do you think he made a move from 26 miles away? 

I didn't say they don't. You do realize Cedar hill is much stronger upfront right? 

If you want to say Lancaster has top skill position athletes fine.  Carthage and Gilmer have had that as well.  It doesn't make a team more talented overall

Doesn't matter what I think. You claimed he's from mesquite,  but you have no proof of that currently

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Doesn't matter what I think. You claimed he's from mesquite,  but you have no proof of that currently

I know he’s from mesquite bc I know where he played last year.  Whether he’s a transfer or a move in,  he’s a SR that was allowed to change schools

Im

still waiting on you to ID at least one kid that transferred from DV, Desoto or chill to one another.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

I know he’s from mesquite bc I know where he played last year.  Whether he’s a transfer or a move in,  he’s a SR that was allowed to change schools

Im

still waiting on you to ID at least one kid that transferred from DV, Desoto or chill to one another.  

You know he was from mesquite last year. 

Who said anything about kids transferring between those schools?