Orange County Forums & Trinity League recruiting

Texasball

9 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey TXBALL.... but all these annual football FBS Prospects that  transfers to Mater Dei are just.... "ATTRACTED" to Mater Dei.   "wink-wink."

I'm sure they're all paying that almost $20,000 Mater Dei annual tuition fee too.   LMAO!!

Reading between the lines - MD likely lowered their academic requirements too.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

I'm sure they're all paying that almost $20,000 Mater Dei annual tuition fee too.   LMAO!!

As I’ve already answered, 80% of MD students do not pay full tuition. Regardless of their athletic or extracurricular participation.  The Financial aid process is open to anybody and it is need based and need blind. Meaning you will be admitted into MD based on merit regardless if you can pay the full tuition or not. Also community service is a requirement to graduate at MD, 80 hours of community service must be served in order to graduate from MD, no exceptions. MD doesn’t cheat anybody else out of financial aid  to make sure an athlete can come to school. Stanley Johnson, an NBA lottery pick #8 in the draft to be exact still paid tuition to go to MD(so I hate to break it to you but Bryce young pays tuition too).  I know you want to spin it to fit your narrative but it’s simply not true. 

• Like 1

MD did take the recruiting game up a notch when it hired mercs last season. Two players literally transferred to MD just for their senior football seasons before transferring back to their public schools. That's not even making an attempt to pretend these mercs are student-athletes. 

You literally have zero leg to stand on in recruiting debates when you took it this far. 

• Like 1

I tell you one damn thing...You will never get this experience at any private school!

Before you run mouth about level of play.  you might consider these dudes have some mythical national championship and they backed up the mythical title with the first player taken in last years draft and had player taken in 2nd and 3rd rounds too 

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I tell you one damn thing...You will never get this experience at any private school!

Before you run mouth about level of play.  you might consider these dudes have some mythical national championship and they backed up the mythical title with the first player taken in last years draft and had player taken in 2nd and 3rd rounds too 

Crowd size yes,  one city backing a school no. 

There's no other place in the country with a hs who has a population of 100k supporting them 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

"Allen has tons of transfers? Oh yeah!? Well, look at this stadium!"

🤡

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, Texasfrog said:

MAXPREPS: 

"Mater Dei, which went 15-0 last season and won it's first CIF State Open Division Title, has come under fire during the offseason for receiving an abundance of transfers.  According to a report from Los Angeles Times reporter Eric Sondheimer, the Monarchs received 24 transfers since last football season.

Transfers mean nothing, JSerra got 20 of them this off season 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

24 transfers is ridiculous 

Sondheimer is a well known troll and has nothing positive to say about the MDs and SJBs of the world. Any chance he has to present a misleading statistic he will do so, especially when it comes to transfer #s. You have to parse his words carefully. He starts by talking about the football team, then says The Monarchs received X number of transfers since last football season. If you don't read carefully you see: statement about football, statistic about transfers qualified by a time frame in reference to football seasons. However, the number of transfers he lists is NOT FOOTBALL TRANSFERS, it's total transfers within an arbitrary period of time disguised to make it seem as outlandish as possible so that it will grab attention, headlines and lead to debate which ultimately gives him more clicks, views and attention. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, as this has been laid out in multiple other threads.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Crowd size yes,  one city backing a school no. 

There's no other place in the country with a hs who has a population of 100k supporting them 

Not sure what you are saying.

bottom line - you are not going to see this at any private school.

its damn good football - check mark

its damn good atmosphere- check mark

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Not sure what you are saying.

bottom line - you are not going to see this at any private school.

its damn good football - check mark

its damn good atmosphere- check mark

Allen=100k population. If they don't sell out their stadium weekly, it would be a shocker.

Yes you are.  Go to a Servite football game or Mater Dei when they play somebody. You have no clue what you're talking about 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Allen=100k population. If they don't sell out their stadium weekly, it would be a shocker.

Yes you are.  Go to a Servite football game or Mater Dei when they play somebody. You have no clue what you're talking about 

Whatever dude it’s not going to be close to that.