Calpreps

Sammyswordsman

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Say what you want about CalPreps but one thing they get right is rewarding teams that schedule above their pay grade, and punish teams that punch down.

Case on point - Servite gets rolled by #1 MD (like very one else) and gets moved up from. #56 to #44

Folsom struggles but wins vs hermitville and gets dropped from #72 to #79

CalPreps gets less lazy as the season progresses.

i am not saying that Servite should be as high as #44, but relative to Folsom, Calpreps got it right

Jesus that team is simply very average...The truth is it’s very lazy to pretend that Servite is top 100.  You lose all credibility with everyone trying to sale that shit likes it’s caviar 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I see we have another pre schooler on the forum today.  Sigh.

I would not dis agree that there are more than 44 teams better than Servite at this point in the year.  You like to argue where teams should be placed on a stair case.

I am looking at a Macro level and an overall philosophy for where teams truly stack up against each other.

For example, I believe the #19 team in Florida most likely boatraces the # 3 team in Ohio.  Those schools play on different floors in the skyscraper.

They are pythetic.  They lucked out one game when SJB showed up uninterested in playing.  I will assure you that is not top 100 quality team.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

Jesus that team is simply very average...The truth is it’s very lazy to pretend that Servite is top 100.  You lose all credibility with everyone trying to sale that shit likes it’s caviar 

It's more likely that Servite is top 100 than Duncanville is in the same tier as Mater Dei.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Calpreps doesn't even rate the loss to Clarkson North for Iggy. Pretty stupid

Can’t rate a game that features an opponent that is not rated.  Massey ratings same deal.  

I am pleased to report that GA has now passed UT in top 50 in-state sos average.  :)  (by .1 as of this am).  

py•the•tic

[pie-thed-ik]

adjective

1 evoking pity to the point that the ü sound becomes an ī sound instead

2 miserably or contemptibly inadequate to the point that the ü sound becomes an ī sound instead

Used in a sentence, best sounded out as a Texan using a cheap British or Aussie accent: Servite is pythetic. 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Calpreps loving them some Region 1-AAAAAAA

#5 Lowndes County

#18 Colquitt County

November 1st should be a war.

Those BlueCats from the swamp may come out and throw a huge monkey wrench in that highly ranked matchup, however. They've been laying low and nobody really knows what they have down yonder.

Never trust Bullet Bob Sphire......

NEVER !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Calpreps loving them some Region 1-AAAAAAA

#5 Lowndes County

#18 Colquitt County

November 1st should be a war.

Those BlueCats from the swamp may come out and throw a huge monkey wrench in that highly ranked matchup, however. They've been laying low and nobody really knows what they have down yonder.

A little better look at how region 1 7A and Region 1 6A both fall in the national pecking order at Cal Preps.

Screenshot_20191014-123950_Chrome.thumb.jpg.92509ef419cbeb8377c54f1b2a97c56f.jpg

I think Massey has Region 3 7A ahead of both region 1 6A and 7A for some odd reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A little better look at how region 1 7A and Region 1 6A both fall in the national pecking order at Cal Preps.

Screenshot_20191014-123950_Chrome.thumb.jpg.92509ef419cbeb8377c54f1b2a97c56f.jpg

I think Massey has Region 3 7A ahead of both region 1 6A and 7A for some odd reason.    

image.png.5d35982040f9e11a6cd94ac0e18c3940.png

For even knowing Massey had this...  congrats!   :)  

Some cool novelty stuff on both algorithm sites.   For example,  Massey ratings shows current SOS and projected end of season SOS for schools.  You can also use another category to see the schools who still have some meat on the bone ... many teams at this point have a 0.00% chance of losing out in the regular season and when you flip the ratings around you get to see some common school names near the top of the list projected to lose the most games of the top 500 the site rates (OLU is at the top, followed by Camden County...that's for most projected losses from now through the end of the regular season).  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.5d35982040f9e11a6cd94ac0e18c3940.png

For even knowing Massey had this...  congrats!   :)  

Some cool novelty stuff on both algorithm sites.   For example,  Massey ratings shows current SOS and projected end of season SOS for schools.  You can also use another category to see the schools who still have some meat on the bone ... many teams at this point have a 0.00% chance of losing out in the regular season and when you flip the ratings around you get to see some common school names near the top of the list projected to lose the most games of the top 500 the site rates (OLU is at the top, followed by Camden County...that's for most projected losses from now through the end of the regular season).  

I found that stuff kind of on accident. 

The AJC sends out some google alert boards on my mobile at times and one of them was involving how the regions stacked up per massey, so, I followed the bread crumbs. 

• Like 2