Jump to content
GardenStateBaller

#4 IMG at #2 SFA

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

SFA will beat IMG

Based on what I’ve seen from both teams so far I would agree. I think IMG has a tendency to play to the level of their opponent. I expect a good game but think SFA is the better team and should be favored to win a close one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Starting this thread early because it deserves it!! SFA charging youth ballers less if they wear their uniforms to the game is a brilliant way to attract young, local fans and grow its fan base. #marketing   

 

 

They aren’t lying. Baltimore and the DMV will all be represented in this game 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They aren’t lying. Baltimore and the DMV will all be represented in this game 

Baltimore and the dmv got embarrassed in Cali, good opportunity to redeem themselves. I’ll take  sfa but it will be close because sfa’s Qb is seriously suspect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Starting this thread early because it deserves it!! SFA charging youth ballers less if they wear their uniforms to the game is a brilliant way to attract young, local fans and grow its fan base. #marketing   

 

 

Well being that none of their players have to pay I guess it’s a way to recoup some funds.  But I do know Md publics, WCAC, an MIAA let all youth kids in for free if they wear their jersey. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 11rover said:

Well being that none of their players have to pay I guess it’s a way to recoup some funds.  But I do know Md publics, WCAC, an MIAA let all youth kids in for free if they wear their jersey. 🤷‍♂️

The MIAA produces quitters. I’d expect no less from them. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

They aren’t lying. Baltimore and the DMV will all be represented in this game 

By the "hometown" team according to the card. 

Lol. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

How altruistic of SFA to allow youth players into the game for the normal price of admission for adults for 99% of high schools in the country.

It's been awhile since I bought a GA ticket for our games... I believe they are $10 dollars each.

Colquitt County students (prek-12) can by a season pass for something like $25 while toddlers and younger get in free.

I believe my reserved seats go for around $17 a game or something like that. It's around $100 per seat for the season.

I don't see how some programs around the country survive on such low admission costs. Idk, maybe they aren't sharing that revenue with all of the sports like we do at Colquitt.

Hell we are broke as a joke here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's been awhile since I bought a GA ticket for our games... I believe they are $10 dollars each.

Colquitt County students (prek-12) can by a season pass for something like $25 while toddlers and younger get in free.

I believe my reserved seats go for around $17 a game or something like that. It's around $100 per seat for the season.

I don't see how some programs around the country survive on such low admission costs. Idk, maybe they aren't sharing that revenue with all of the sports like we do at Colquitt.

Hell we are broke as a joke here!

You have to consider parking as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MIAA produces quitters. I’d expect no less from them. 

Lol love how you always go for the MIAA an conveniently leave the WCAC out.  Your so transparent it’s not funny.  Well I guess OSU, Clemson, PSU, UMD, UVA, LSU, and Mich to name few didn’t get the word that all MIAA players are quitters.  Don’t worry guys like you are always compensating for something 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's been awhile since I bought a GA ticket for our games... I believe they are $10 dollars each.

Colquitt County students (prek-12) can by a season pass for something like $25 while toddlers and younger get in free.

I believe my reserved seats go for around $17 a game or something like that. It's around $100 per seat for the season.

I don't see how some programs around the country survive on such low admission costs. Idk, maybe they aren't sharing that revenue with all of the sports like we do at Colquitt.

Hell we are broke as a joke here!

Most of the Maryland private schools don't charge admission. Of the ones that do, most are diocesan Catholic schools. They tend to not have the endowments of the other private schools and need the money. I've never seen a stadium with actual reserved seating in MD, it's usually all first come, first serve.

The MIAA and IAAM (girls league) will stiff you like $10-$15 general admission for championships and neutral site semifinals, plus $10 parking at some sites, even when they are using a league member's facility and not renting out a college venue. I'd say most of that money goes to the AD's retreat at Saint Michael's in the summer because it sure isn't spent on championship hardware, website design or an actual commissioner.

I'd say going rate for most Maryland public school games is $5 and $2 or $3 for students with free admission to youth players in uniform. Letting youth players in free is actually a pretty good marketing tactic since they can't drive and will most likely come with a parent, gaining you $5 you wouldn't otherwise get, and kids love spending money on the concession stand too.

From what I understand it depends on the school if there is revenue sharing or not. One coach I know just made a really good homecoming gate and that all stays with football while concessions revenue is split up among all the sports..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be a stream? If there's a high school game in the later part of the season that should be televised, its this one! Garden make the call to ESPN or Fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member



×
×
  • Create New...