GardenStateBaller

#4 IMG at #2 SFA

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

SFA will beat IMG

Based on what I’ve seen from both teams so far I would agree. I think IMG has a tendency to play to the level of their opponent. I expect a good game but think SFA is the better team and should be favored to win a close one.

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Starting this thread early because it deserves it!! SFA charging youth ballers less if they wear their uniforms to the game is a brilliant way to attract young, local fans and grow its fan base. #marketing   

They aren’t lying. Baltimore and the DMV will all be represented in this game 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Baltimore and the dmv got embarrassed in Cali, good opportunity to redeem themselves. I’ll take  sfa but it will be close because sfa’s Qb is seriously suspect 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Starting this thread early because it deserves it!! SFA charging youth ballers less if they wear their uniforms to the game is a brilliant way to attract young, local fans and grow its fan base. #marketing   

Well being that none of their players have to pay I guess it’s a way to recoup some funds.  But I do know Md publics, WCAC, an MIAA let all youth kids in for free if they wear their jersey. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 11rover said:

Well being that none of their players have to pay I guess it’s a way to recoup some funds.  But I do know Md publics, WCAC, an MIAA let all youth kids in for free if they wear their jersey. 🤷‍♂️

The MIAA produces quitters. I’d expect no less from them. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

By the "hometown" team according to the card. 

Lol. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, eaglesinsider said:

How altruistic of SFA to allow youth players into the game for the normal price of admission for adults for 99% of high schools in the country.

It's been awhile since I bought a GA ticket for our games... I believe they are $10 dollars each.

Colquitt County students (prek-12) can by a season pass for something like $25 while toddlers and younger get in free.

I believe my reserved seats go for around $17 a game or something like that. It's around $100 per seat for the season.

I don't see how some programs around the country survive on such low admission costs. Idk, maybe they aren't sharing that revenue with all of the sports like we do at Colquitt.

Hell we are broke as a joke here!

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's been awhile since I bought a GA ticket for our games... I believe they are $10 dollars each.

Colquitt County students (prek-12) can by a season pass for something like $25 while toddlers and younger get in free.

I believe my reserved seats go for around $17 a game or something like that. It's around $100 per seat for the season.

I don't see how some programs around the country survive on such low admission costs. Idk, maybe they aren't sharing that revenue with all of the sports like we do at Colquitt.

You have to consider parking as well. 

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MIAA produces quitters. I’d expect no less from them. 

Lol love how you always go for the MIAA an conveniently leave the WCAC out.  Your so transparent it’s not funny.  Well I guess OSU, Clemson, PSU, UMD, UVA, LSU, and Mich to name few didn’t get the word that all MIAA players are quitters.  Don’t worry guys like you are always compensating for something 😂😂😂😂

11 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Most of the Maryland private schools don't charge admission. Of the ones that do, most are diocesan Catholic schools. They tend to not have the endowments of the other private schools and need the money. I've never seen a stadium with actual reserved seating in MD, it's usually all first come, first serve.

The MIAA and IAAM (girls league) will stiff you like $10-$15 general admission for championships and neutral site semifinals, plus $10 parking at some sites, even when they are using a league member's facility and not renting out a college venue. I'd say most of that money goes to the AD's retreat at Saint Michael's in the summer because it sure isn't spent on championship hardware, website design or an actual commissioner.

I'd say going rate for most Maryland public school games is $5 and $2 or $3 for students with free admission to youth players in uniform. Letting youth players in free is actually a pretty good marketing tactic since they can't drive and will most likely come with a parent, gaining you $5 you wouldn't otherwise get, and kids love spending money on the concession stand too.

From what I understand it depends on the school if there is revenue sharing or not. One coach I know just made a really good homecoming gate and that all stays with football while concessions revenue is split up among all the sports..

• Thanks 1

Will there be a stream? If there's a high school game in the later part of the season that should be televised, its this one! Garden make the call to ESPN or Fox.