Let's go YANKEES!!

I AM IRONMAN

Since the topic is now baseball....it's MSM's job to provide guidance...🤔

Check today's front page..... always knew those Stros where a bunch of cheaters 😲

(JK lol)...but that's ok, it's just the pitcher's fault 🙄

Here's USA today's 'latest' Baseball controversy to promote and highlight...(small enough to post the whole article)...

MLB Playoffs: Tipping pitches a controversial topic in modern baseball

It's a topic at the forefront this October after Tampa Bay Rays starter Tyler Glasnow acknowledged that he was tipping pitches in the ALDS and Houston Astros hitters could be seen seemingly relaying that information.<<make it a big topic and blame the pitcher (and make sure you call it 'tipping pitches' not 'stealing signs' )

That would be just fine decades ago, <<<just fine or cheating?, guess we know the MSM's opinion..but with the wealth of replays and angles available these days, where is the line?<< most already know, but MSM wants to push it apparently... 

"Everyone's got their own version of ethics," St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said when asked for his thoughts prior to Game 4 of the National League Championship Series on Tuesday. <<yes we make up your own ethics, does not imply that makes them right or good tho...

Washington Nationals starter Anibal Sanchez said he had an issue tipping pitches in 2012, but it's really up to the pitcher to make adjustments.<<<of course it's the pitcher's fault, even the pitchers say so 🙄

"If you show something different to hitters – as professional hitters – they're going to take advantage of that," Sanchez said. <<Oh goody, was waiting on the reason we are condemning the pitchers, MSM never disappoints... 

The 35-year-old, who debuted in 2006, noted that times are changing and players have more tools at their disposal: "Right now, it's a lot of technology in the clubhouse."<<so now when we technically steal signs in real time, and relay that info to batters, it's just technological 'advancement'...LOL (and don't forget to blame the pitcher for his 'tells' when you are actually just stealing signs 🙄)

Said Shildt: "I do think we have a responsibility to compete the right way. <<but you only keep your job if you win right? Not only under the guise of what pure competition looks like, but also how we represent our game to the public and most importantly to the young people that are playing."<<sounds good, maybe tell that to how MSM represents it. 

The Cardinals manager also stressed the subjective interpretations of gamesmanship and competition.<RULES?? we talkin rules?....hell, those are just subjective lol. 

"I'm no moralist and I don't know what that line looks like," Shildt said.<<Yes apparently  "There's a lot of gray in there, so my hope is that we're doing things within the game."<<<I'm guessing you could do more than just 'hope' in your position...but at least he did not lie about it....

LOOKs like baseball is MSM's target today...thoughts? 

6 hours ago, Troll said:

Since the topic is now baseball....it's MSM's job to provide guidance...🤔

Check today's front page..... always knew those Stros where a bunch of cheaters 😲

(JK lol)...but that's ok, it's just the pitcher's fault 🙄

Here's USA today's 'latest' Baseball controversy to promote and highlight...(small enough to post the whole article)...

MLB Playoffs: Tipping pitches a controversial topic in modern baseball

It's a topic at the forefront this October after Tampa Bay Rays starter Tyler Glasnow acknowledged that he was tipping pitches in the ALDS and Houston Astros hitters could be seen seemingly relaying that information.<<make it a big topic and blame the pitcher (and make sure you call it 'tipping pitches' not 'stealing signs' )

That would be just fine decades ago, <<<just fine or cheating?, guess we know the MSM's opinion..but with the wealth of replays and angles available these days, where is the line?<< most already know, but MSM wants to push it apparently... 

"Everyone's got their own version of ethics," St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said when asked for his thoughts prior to Game 4 of the National League Championship Series on Tuesday. <<yes we make up your own ethics, does not imply that makes them right or good tho...

Washington Nationals starter Anibal Sanchez said he had an issue tipping pitches in 2012, but it's really up to the pitcher to make adjustments.<<<of course it's the pitcher's fault, even the pitchers say so 🙄

"If you show something different to hitters – as professional hitters – they're going to take advantage of that," Sanchez said. <<Oh goody, was waiting on the reason we are condemning the pitchers, MSM never disappoints... 

The 35-year-old, who debuted in 2006, noted that times are changing and players have more tools at their disposal: "Right now, it's a lot of technology in the clubhouse."<<so now when we technically steal signs in real time, and relay that info to batters, it's just technological 'advancement'...LOL (and don't forget to blame the pitcher for his 'tells' when you are actually just stealing signs 🙄)

Said Shildt: "I do think we have a responsibility to compete the right way. <<but you only keep your job if you win right? Not only under the guise of what pure competition looks like, but also how we represent our game to the public and most importantly to the young people that are playing."<<sounds good, maybe tell that to how MSM represents it. 

The Cardinals manager also stressed the subjective interpretations of gamesmanship and competition.<RULES?? we talkin rules?....hell, those are just subjective lol. 

"I'm no moralist and I don't know what that line looks like," Shildt said.<<Yes apparently  "There's a lot of gray in there, so my hope is that we're doing things within the game."<<<I'm guessing you could do more than just 'hope' in your position...but at least he did not lie about it....

LOOKs like baseball is MSM's target today...thoughts? 

They have always done it and will continue to do it.  If a pitcher tips his pitches, it has always been a pitcher's problem to correct and the only way to keep teams from picking up on it is to throw out of the same arm slot for every one of his pitches.  That is pitching 101 and is part of the cat and mouse game that goes on in baseball.  Same for stealing catchers signals.

Baseball is so difficult that any advantage a hitter can get they will get.  And pitchers and catchers know this and make adjustments as the need arises.  Part of the game IMO.  

Now PED's and corked bats, that is cheating.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

They have always done it and will continue to do it.  If a pitcher tips his pitches, it has always been a pitcher's problem to correct and the only way to keep teams from picking up on it is to throw out of the same arm slot for every one of his pitches.  That is pitching 101 and is part of the cat and mouse game that goes on in baseball.  Same for stealing catchers signals.

Baseball is so difficult that any advantage a hitter can get they will get.  And pitchers and catchers know this and make adjustments as the need arises.  Part of the game IMO.  

Now PED's and corked bats, that is cheating.  

100%  agree with all of that....REALLY 👍

But...

Just think it's a shame that with all the technology that now goes into stealing signs....as in communication signs not some poker tell tug on the ear, seems a bit of a copout  to bring up the topic and then just blame it on the unknowing pitcher....

Get all the tapes and decode, toss some computers analytics on top if you don't have the time, if it's obvious or becomes known...

well...

Hey, it's just that stupid pitcher

🙄

PS. I sometimes think that's why "new" pitchers have an innate advantage....not enough data...

Was just saying, I guess because the "whole article of one paragraph" was so conclusively one-sided it seemed off. Like someone had some explaining to do after the last series...🤔