Let's go YANKEES!!

I AM IRONMAN

On 10/14/2019 at 10:20 AM, World Citizen said:

Great series so far.  One mistake may do you in.  

Yeah a mistake is going to be killer, but these teams are just really good. As always comes down to pitching. Our starters are better then yours. Nothing more.

I think a lot of announcers, baseball people are dumb as hell saying this match-up will produce the World Series winner. The Nats are not a joke.  I told my dad who is a life long Dodgers fan, that the Nats have been playing playoff baseball for over three months and with their pitching as hot as they are right now. Will be a very tough out of either of these teams. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Yeah a mistake is going to be killer, but these teams are just really good. As always comes down to pitching. Our starters are better then yours. Nothing more.

I think a lot of announcers, baseball people are dumb as hell saying this match-up will produce the World Series winner. The Nats are not a joke.  I told my dad who is a life long Dodgers fan, that the Nats have been playing playoff baseball for over three months and with their pitching as hot as they are right now. Will be a very tough out of either of these teams. 

Unless the layoff cools them down.

3 hours ago, Troll said:

100%  agree with all of that....REALLY 👍

But...

Just think it's a shame that with all the technology that now goes into stealing signs....as in communication signs not some poker tell tug on the ear, seems a bit of a copout  to bring up the topic and then just blame it on the unknowing pitcher....

Get all the tapes and decode, toss some computers analytics on top if you don't have the time, if it's obvious or becomes known...

well...

Hey, it's just that stupid pitcher

🙄

PS. I sometimes think that's why "new" pitchers have an innate advantage....not enough data...

Was just saying, I guess because the "whole article of one paragraph" was so conclusively one-sided it seemed off. Like someone had some explaining to do after the last series...🤔  

Didn't read article but one thing is 100% and that is that pitchers are never unknowing as it relates to tipping pitches so that right there shows either a lack of understanding or an agenda of some sort.  Non pitchers are all aware of it and at this level, they all are good at identifying slight variations in a pitchers motion and delivery.  

As far as stealing the comm. signals, I think that might be a football problem but not a baseball one.  Catchers usually call pitches but the complexity of mixing the signs has increased.  I've seen a lot of pitchers look into their hat to check because of all the variations.  Impossible for the other team to figure out on the fly any useful information they could get to the batter.  But easier for pitcher and catcher to get crossed up.  

In high school we played some team and their catcher put the signs down too low and whoever was coaching 3rd would yell either first name for fastball  or last name for curve.  I will admit I felt a twinge of guilt but on the other hand it was the catchers mistake and to not take advantage is not helping the team.  

Your right about new pitchers and the lack of data having an advantage.  For a little while at least.  Seen the Angels when they won the WS pull out a secret weapon that nobody had seen before and he was unhittable (sp?).  Rodriguez I think his name was and he was a closer which makes it twice as hard to figure out.  

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

I like the Nats and think they have a great chance to win it.  Same for the Astros though.  Both teams lineups have the ability to make great pitching have to work harder than they would against other lineups.  Pitching doesn't seem to hold a clear advantage either way except for maybe Cole.  That guy is doing something never seen before and it would be hard to not pencil in a W when he pitches.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, legendsofthefall said:

No surprise. Cole was the expected L for the Yanks.  That's why Game 2 stings so much. Ottavino looks scared of the bright lights. 2 straight games he killed us. This ain't Arizona or Colorado or wherever the hell he came from. Shouldn't pitch again this series. 

3 straight now.

14 hours ago, Bormio said:

Go Nats - I don’t really care for the Astros either.  Altuve is cool, and I like Reddick cause he came up with the Sox.  But someone should punch Bregman in the face.

The Expos were founded in 1969... would be nice to see the franchise win their first WS in 2019.  

100+ mph heater vs. 84 mph slider... 

George Costanza Was That Wrong GIF - GeorgeCostanza WasThatWrong PleadingIgnorance GIFs

Volume... :)   

• Haha 2