Let's go YANKEES!!

I AM IRONMAN

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I suspect you Red Sox will make a strong comeback after an inexplicable season.

The Sox are going to change a lot - they are shedding some salary and Betts is almost certainly gone.  They need Sale to bounce back and Price to be better.  Also need to rebuild the pen.  They could be good or could be battling Toronto for 4th.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, World Citizen said:

LOOKs like baseball is MSM's target today...thoughts? 

My thoughts today are that......

I was not so far off about the Stros….

Of course the "grassroots" fans probably are not working with...

all the technology that the  MSM is...

Thoughts now?

4 hours ago, Troll said:

My thoughts today are that......

I was not so far off about the Stros….

Of course the "grassroots" fans probably are not working with...

all the technology that the  MSM is...

Thoughts now?

Same as before.  This story isn't surprising and think other clubs probably did similar things. 

I am surprised that it wasn't noticed sooner.  Baseball is strange, IMO, in that a team can cheat by stealing signs but Its the opposing teams responsibility to recognize and adjust.  Not so much the other sports.  

The signs can and do change during games all the time for this very reason.  You'll notice that when catcher goes and talks to the pitcher, they always have their gloves blocking the convo.  

10 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Same as before.  This story isn't surprising and think other clubs probably did similar things. << agree

I am surprised that it wasn't noticed sooner.<<by fans, or by the league  🤔 Baseball is strange, IMO, in that a team can cheat by stealing signs but Its the opposing teams responsibility to recognize and adjust.  <<I agree that some have that concept, but there is no "adjusting" capable of creating an even playing field ...when the actual playing field is bugged and rigged for the home team 🙄 Not so much the other sports.  << 'so much' being the key words here...

The signs can and do change during games all the time for this very reason.  You'll notice that when catcher goes and talks to the pitcher, they always have their gloves blocking the convo.  < again you are placing blame on the players for any 'failures' in not outwitting the 'cameras and technology' that are unevenly applied against them...

I get what you are saying and don't entirely disagree....

You did drill down to the point I guess I was trying to make tho...acceptance in the sport.

It appears the league is quite accepting of the concept...but should the fans be?

I personally think it's a big black eye, that if not treated properly,  could lead to a worse infection... 

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, World Citizen said:

... in that a team can cheat by stealing signs  

Well since a ton of fans all had shit fits.....

It looks like the league is at least admitting it, calling it cheating and against the rules, and looks to have gotten a few managers suspended and fired....

Even Pete Rose says the players are just as much to blame...

“So they fire the GM, they fire the manager, and (MLB) probably is going to get (Red Sox manager) Alex Cora, who was the (Astros) bench coach at the time,” Rose said. “But what about the players who were behind this and taking the knowledge? Should they get off scot-free?

"Don’t you have to do something to the players who were accepting the stolen signs? Nothing’s been done. Is that fair?”

EON_HmFVUAA5IVe.jpg

EON_QIrUYAED9_p.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Troll said:

RUH ROH Scooby........

HERE COME THE LAWSUITS !

Does anyone think the Astros organization is just going to settle???

....or does this get dragged around for years....

Good for him..disgusting what the asterickstros did...that little shit Altuve beggingvplayers not to ripnoff his Jersey to expose the wire....fuck him