N.J. is a hot mess, and quite possibly overrated

StJoesFanboy

24 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

To be honest- I didn't even know quality HSFB was a thing in Jersey. I usually think of Jersey when I smell something rancid or thank the lord that my property taxes aren't what they'd be in Jersey :)

To be fair Folsom is a shit hole and has a state prison in it’s town of course your taxes aren’t bad 

1CE76735-5223-49A6-BE50-B75F5277125F.jpeg

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Big surprise, the biggest homer (not Vol) "likes" compliments more than facts

Pretend I'm one of your future grandkids, and tell me how good the '19 Joes team was.  we're 6 games in.  please tell me.  make sure to include the big acomplishments

Bosco won out in '15, and we don't even count that as a season to brag about.  Please don't tell that winning a Chip is your litmus test for a good year.

It all depends on expectations. 

If your expectation is to have a MNC contender than Joe's is not performing. 

If your expectation is that they should be a top 20 team, Joe's is doing just fine. 

2011 Bosco was not an "explosive" team (just ask DJ!) but they won a MNC. 

If Joe's runs the table, they finish top 20, deservingly. 

Look at Lowndes. Top 10 universally. Only one win, at the same level of Joe's best win. 

Joe's has played a MUCH tougher schedule overall.

Us NJ guys like to be harder on our own than on others but this leads to a lessened perspective of the state by others. Sometimes you need to claim greatness to be perceived great.

Look at @Sammyswordsman, he posts outright delusionally just because Trinity is on top right now. @ECHS05 ever post rational about GA teams (except when they face OOS games, they he posts scared)? Anyone in TX even consider the fact that any team in TX is not great?

Sometimes it's best to "keep things in the family." Being from Bayonne, you know this.  

We need to support our teams. 

and don't kid yourself, Bosco is a good team. (from a national perspective) They play a real schedule.

NJ certainly is not in the top 5 conversation but either is any other state except CA, FL and TX. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

Actually Folsom is very beautiful.

Get back to me when you clean up Newark :)

It stinks in there!!!!!

unfortunately Nwk isn't coming back in the next 30 yrs ,if ever

nj had 9 of the 50 worst cities, I think.  Cali had more, but it's bigger.  Passaic was 3 (I wouldn't have predicted that in a million yrs) and Nwk was 5.  Camden was 9; Camden's usually our worst pound for pound.  Paterson was on the list.  JC didn't make it, (that might have been due to politics as Goldman and others are there now down by SPP) but like Chris Rock said, if you're on MLK Blvd, start jogging.  the people who rank go off of city-wide stats.  JC can beat in the worst-areas contest any city except maybe for Nwk, Camden, and Paterson

I feel bad for the people who can't move.  But a lot of NJ is very good.  Cali is facing some real challenges, which can't be met by those in power there.  they don't like what a nice state looks and feels like.  and that was once America's showpiece--not terribly long ago

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

"N.J. is a hot mess, and quite possibly overrated"

The only thing harder on the eyes in nj women!

i must have been lucky then, but i developed a bias toward Bklyn, N. Bergen, WNY, and Staten Island girls, which I concede up front.

I traveled a lot before kids nationally and internationally, and I didn't notice that. 

I don't want to sound un-chivalric, but I'll give it more thought.

😀

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

If your expectation is that they should be a top 20 team, Joe's is doing just fine. 

Look at Lowndes. Top 10 universally. Only one win, at the same level of Joe's best win. 

Us NJ guys like to be harder on our own than on others but this leads to a lessened perspective of the state by others. Sometimes you need to claim greatness to be perceived great.

Look at @Sammyswordsman, he posts outright delusionally just because Trinity is on top right now. @ECHS05 ever post rational about GA teams (except when they face OOS games, they he posts scared)? Anyone in TX even consider the fact that any team in TX is not great?

Sometimes it's best to "keep things in the family." Being from Bayonne, you know this.  

and don't kid yourself, Bosco is a good team. (from a national perspective) They play a real schedule.

NJ certainly is not in the top 5 conversation but either is any other state except CA, FL and TX. 

Great post.

Really no expectations, I tell myself.  However NJ does is fine--really. 

Joes is easily doing fine.  Back in the day when you just stayed in state, Joes would finish top 10 with no losses, with USA Today largely going off undefeated seasons, margins of victory, and FBS players on the roster, mainly.  With OOS play ....   And they had the guts to schedule a top-5, hyper-loaded team, and kept it 7-0 at the 1/2, with some breaks in the game not going their way.

I don't know the other states that well, and so, I agree with you there.  I was hard on NJ.  But I'm in Allendale now.  My father embodied the Bayonne code, and died broke with a clear conscience.  I'm the new man focusing primarily on getting ahead.  And I pay for my sins daily.

But you sit with SPP fans for 3 hrs and also listen to NJ fanboys here, most of whom think their team made NJ relevant, and then face 12 hours of drop offs and pickups with the kids, and see how you feel.  :)  

IMA has a primary goal; I do too--makes sure Trinity Ky is as far from anything resembling a ranking or discussion board as possible.  How are they ranked?

• Like 2

I can speak to both NJ and Cali. I live in NJ now but am a Cali native. Folsom area is nice with access to the Sierras, bay area, Yosemite, etc. Plus I am a Johnny Cash fan! NJ is nice too where I live and once to get 20 minutes away from the Newark airport. I was at BC/SJR on Saturday tailgaiting with friends that have kids at BC. I didn't wear my Mater Dei sweatshirt as to not bring back memories of their 2017 game 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

The only people delusional about DBP were those of you blaming the punter for being boat raced by SJB.  LOL

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Me too ;) Maybe @noonereal will finally accept your invitation. 

the next 2 Fridays for lunch aren't good--colonoscopy and the Catskills, and I'm not sure which one is worse

but i'll work on getting the suite.  if BC makes it, the PriceWaterhouse guys will insists on 9 of the 18 tickets.  So, let's root for SPP.

• Thanks 1

For the one person on Earth that was in attendance at all four of the above games, they were indeed thrilling despite the outcomes. Traveling the country, meeting new friends, seeing the pomp and circumstance firsthand, etc. Definitely better than watching the BNU teams pound Passaic Tech, Kennedy, Montclair, Ridgewood, Eastside and Clifton like during the Glory Years. 

don't take me so literally.  road trips with real fans watching the best are great.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Such a ridiculous points system. Smh

20191014_104207.jpg

FL's RPI version for some comic relief ... the link as of the time I am posting this has not added this past weekend's games.  

https://www.fhsaa.org/rankings/fb?all

Check out 6A for example... you may have to scroll down to see #11 Miami Central   :) 

Nice to see Testadura finally signed a deal with PrepGridiron.   

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It took us awhile to smoke him out.  But the board is better for it.

The time involved in the grieving process (over DBP demise) vary among individuals.

Bro I knew it was him the first day he logged in, and it’s the first time I heard of him...

GSB was periscoping the joes game and he mentioned some guy Tess was sitting by him that he’s an old poster then few minutes later joesFanBoy signed on, just had to put 2 and 2 together 

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It took us awhile to smoke him out.  But the board is better for it.

The time involved in the grieving process (over DBP demise) vary among individuals.

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bro I knew it was him the first day he logged in, and it’s the first time I heard of him...

GSB was periscoping the joes game and he mentioned some guy Tess was sitting by him that he’s an old poster then few minutes later joesFanBoy signed on, just had to put 2 and 2 together 

I haven't been reading and posting much lately, but when I started reading this thread I texted GSB with the question last night lol.   I had a strong feeling it was either him or @Wooderson has a brother in NJ  😁 (that's a compliment to both).    

3 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

unfortunately Nwk isn't coming back in the next 30 yrs ,if ever

nj had 9 of the 50 worst cities, I think.  Cali had more, but it's bigger.  Passaic was 3 (I wouldn't have predicted that in a million yrs) and Nwk was 5.  Camden was 9; Camden's usually our worst pound for pound.  Paterson was on the list.  JC didn't make it, (that might have been due to politics as Goldman and others are there now down by SPP) but like Chris Rock said, if you're on MLK Blvd, start jogging.  the people who rank go off of city-wide stats.  JC can beat in the worst-areas contest any city except maybe for Nwk, Camden, and Paterson

I feel bad for the people who can't move.  But a lot of NJ is very good.  Cali is facing some real challenges, which can't be met by those in power there.  they don't like what a nice state looks and feels like.  and that was once America's showpiece--not terribly long ago

I was born in Passaic, bought my first house in Passaic and 2 of my 3 kids were born there. It is truly a shithole but it's my shithole. BTW, they were 4th not third on that list that came out last week. lol I don't know why but I like hard edged places. 

Jersey City? I freakin' love that place. I moved my eldest D there just this weekend. OK, Greenville is not heaven but all in all, it's an awesome city.  I love the cities, particularly gritty places. Old factories, the rusting bridges, iron trestles, the Pulaski Skyway look. 

What can I say? Few are like me... a very good thing. 

Now Camden, that is the shithole of all shitholes. Period. That place I want no part of. Paterson is not much fun either.