OT: President Obama and 400K

thc6795

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can see the thoughts of it being hypocritical.

Should he do it for free?

Or should he not do it at all? 

Most presidents are getting paid to speak after they leave office, so, idk how "wrong" it is for him to do it. 

I think he should have stayed away from anything Wall Street. I don't have a problem with him being paid. The Wall Street connection is my problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

President Obama is being paid 400k to give a speech on health care for Cantor Fitzgelrald. Oh by the way just a huge investor on Wall Street. So is this another do as I say not as I do. Thoughts? Sort of hypocritical to me.

I say get it while you can.  Shit if somebody offered you that kind of cash to speak would you take it?

Just now, thc6795 said:

Not if I had been bashing them my entire career. If I am a Dem I am definitely scratching my head over this.

So again if say somebody offered thc 400k to speak on the great things that make up the left you would say no just because you have bashed the left all your life?  Lol. Come on playa.  We all know money talks. 

9 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Have a question for all on Obama.....Why all the cop shootings and persistent,but not always,lack of compliance, when police say stop,raise your hands, don't move or other requests for suspects to comply ??  If all would comply, how many would die ???  I also know that we had some bad shootings,but Iam talking about the specific lack of compliance on the part of shooting victims...Never so many on any other presidents  watchsince the late 60sthat I recall....

Good point. I don't recall gluten-free food ever being so popular on any other president's watch either. And the number of flop movies during the Obama presidency needs some explaining. Not to mention the number of channels on TV showing just plain crap. Damn Nobama!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Good point. I don't recall gluten-free food ever being so popular on any other president's watch either. And the number of flop movies during the Obama presidency needs some explaining. Not to mention the number of channels on TV showing just plain crap. Damn Nobama!

Genius.  The concept of an African American President not being afraid to address these circumstances have nothing to do with it.  I don't recall any Network having so many Sexual Predators and racist lawsuits being filed on them till Trump became President (18th Century Fox). They for got it is now called 21st Century Fox.   I guess that Grab em by the Pussy wasn't  locker room Jargon after all. Never so many on any other Presidents watch since the late 60s that I recall and the Russian Nut hugging too. Hell that hasn't happened since we teamed up to take out a certain dude with a crazy mustache from the 40's.  I

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

President Obama is being paid 400k to give a speech on health care for Cantor Fitzgelrald. Oh by the way just a huge investor on Wall Street. So is this another do as I say not as I do. Thoughts? Sort of hypocritical to me.

Barry is a hypocrite and a fraud, just like his administration! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Have a question for all on Obama.....Why all the cop shootings and persistent,but not always,lack of compliance, when police say stop,raise your hands, don't move or other requests for suspects to comply ??  If all would comply, how many would die ???  I also know that we had some bad shootings,but Iam talking about the specific lack of compliance on the part of shooting victims...Never so many on any other presidents  watchsince the late 60sthat I recall....

Please provide your source for this Drummer.  Evidently your senses are much more calibrated than the FBI's data on these situations:  Look what they had to say. But you know for a fact this is true based on your keen ability to detect things under OBAMA. xD

Killed by police

Official data on the number of people killed by the police turns out to be remarkably unreliable.

"We can't have an informed discussion, because we don't have data," FBI Director James Comey said in the House of Representatives in October.

"People have data about who went to a movie last weekend, or how many books were sold, or how many cases of the flu walked into an emergency room. And I cannot tell you how many people were shot by police in the United States last month, last year, or anything about the demographics. And that's a very bad place to be."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So again if say somebody offered thc 400k to speak on the great things that make up the left you would say no just because you have bashed the left all your life?  Lol. Come on playa.  We all know money talks. 

Dude I wipe my ass with 400k.    Monopoly money.   Hell yeah THC takes it. Does President THC who wants to see the next president come from my party take it? IDK.

• Like 3

This thread is not an attack of President Obama's Presidency.  You cant blame President Obama for cop killings any more then you can blame President Trump for Russian hacking.

I just find it odd that President Obama would give a speech to Wall Street after everything he said. Especially with how many seats the Dems have lost lately and much of a shamble the Democratic party seems to be in.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

This thread is not an attack of President Obama's Presidency.  You cant blame President Obama for cop killings any more then you can blame President Trump for Russian hacking.

I just find it odd that President Obama would give a speech to Wall Street after everything he said. Especially with how many seats the Dems have lost lately and much of a shamble the Democratic party seems to be in.

It is a speech on healthcare though. I'm pretty sure that is his everlasting legacy whether you are on the I like it or I hate it train.

If he was there speaking about how to pay your employees less and how to keep your dividends growing rather than healthcare for the employess or country, I'd be right there with you guys thinking it hypocritical.

I would be more worried about Kim Jong-un, Jong-un WILL nuke America in a desperate ‘last stand’, says North Korean defector who fled despotic regime.

Obama is past news. Turn your heads forward and look at what is in front of you. The best way to get sucker punched is by looking in the wrong direction. 

Our future lies with what Trump can get done and how he handles a bigger nut job than himself. He is a business man playing for all the marbles. He needs all of us to be behind him or we all lose. It's that simple. 

Imagine you're on a team where half the offense likes the QB and the other half doesn't and is nuts enough to let the LB's rush unblocked. Imagine how many games your team is going to win.

Think about it... it's not a game when peoples lives are on the line. Money isn't the biggest problem. Believing in your system is way more important. Tooo many people think they have all the answer by themselves when it takes all involved to solve the problems. YOU Better Believe it, or you're coming in last...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I would be more worried about Kim Jong-un, Jong-un WILL nuke America in a desperate ‘last stand’, says North Korean defector who fled despotic regime.

Obama is past news. Turn your heads forward and look at what is in front of you. The best way to get sucker punched is by looking in the wrong direction. 

Our future lies with what Trump can get done and how he handles a bigger nut job than himself. He is a business man playing for all the marbles. He needs all of us to be behind him or we all lose. It's that simple. 

Imagine you're on a team where half the offense likes the QB and the other half doesn't and is nuts enough to let the LB's rush unblocked. Imagine how many games your team is going to win.

Think about it... it's not a game when peoples lives are on the line. Money isn't the biggest problem. Believing in your system is way more important. Tooo many people think they have all the answer by themselves when it takes all involved to solve the problems. YOU Better Believe it, or you're coming in last...

And just how many liberal democrats and establishment republicans want Trump to succeed? I think you know the answer.  

Is it hypocritical for the right to criticize Barry O on his newfound love for capitalism?

Is it hypocritical that Congress is probably going to exempt their health coverage from TrumpCare?

Is it hypocritical to think a cucumber is better as a pickle?

All questions that can only be answered after reading the table of contents from every third Michael Savage book.

15 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

Is it hypocritical for the right to criticize Barry O on his newfound love for capitalism?

Is it hypocritical that Congress is probably going to exempt their health coverage from TrumpCare?

Is it hypocritical to think a cucumber is better as a pickle?

All questions that can only be answered after reading the table of contents from every third Michael Savage book.

One Liberal have voiced concern about Mr. Obama and someone they hate.  I am sure now she is on the go to list of every Nutjob talk show tomorrow>      GloryDays the comments on this article are hilarious.

Elizabeth Warren: I’m ‘troubled’ by Obama’s $400,000 Wall Street speaking fee

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elizabeth-warren-im-troubled-obamas-400000-wall-street-speaking-fee-204525220.html