Servite 34 - JSerra 21 (F)

imaGoodBoyNow

20 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Any Cali guys care to give thier idea what the Cali top 10 looks like , don’t post Calpreps or macpreps cause I can easily do that 

1.  Mater Dei

2.  St. John Bosco

3.  De La Salle

4.  Corona Centennial

5.  Mission Viejo

6.  Folsom

7.  Helix

8.  JSerra

9.  Narbonne

10. Fresno Central

After #5, it gets pretty murky.  Any five of ten teams could be potentially placed in the final spots.  Grace Brethen, San Mateo Serra, Servite, Cathedral Catholic, and even Corona del Mar are on the cusp.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

1.  Mater Dei

2.  St. John Bosco

3.  De La Salle

4.  Corona Centennial

5.  Mission Viejo

6.  Folsom

7.  Helix

8.  JSerra

9.  Narbonne

10. Fresno Central

After #5, it gets pretty murky.  Any five of ten teams could be potentially placed in the final spots.  Grace Brethen, San Mateo Serra, Servite, Cathedral Catholic, and even Corona del Mar are on the cusp.

As good a poll as any, but I think it gets a little murky after #2.   Imagine if MD and SJB got invited to play in the Texas playoffs and the next 8 was a statewide playoff bracket.  Sure DLS would be the favorite but there would be some fun matchups.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

At least twice as many. Of all the transfers Folsom got only 4 of them even play. None of them have more than 2 stars...   Nearly all of JSerra's starters are transfers. 

Stop it !!!  Stop it!!!  you're not suppose to talk about Trinity League "TRANSFERS" on this site. 

4 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Interestingly both CalPreps and Massey have this projected as JSerra 28 - Servite 27:

massey.PNG.ba10126fb623ae6d8002d72bbfba9659.PNG

calpreps.PNG.0720bcd03c9e6242d0362c44d42679e7.PNG

I'm not especially swayed by the result for Servite against SJB.  I also see JSerra as a very slight favorite (within 3 points).  I suspect the game will be within 1 score, either way, but I favor JSerra very slightly.

• Thanks 1

The Lions don't have the ability to stop Servite's passing attack. They don't pass very well themselves, so their defense doesn't have a good passing attack to practice against either. 

The game will come down to whether J Serra's run game will work well enough to open up their passing game, or will Servite's passing attack open up their running game. Or both...or neither.

Servite will win this game 29-21. I would have gone with 31-21 but PATs seem to be a problem for Servite so far this season.

Possible good news for the loser is that maybe they will end up a top seed in Div 2, but it actually looks like even with this loss, they will still be on the road in D1, a division neither one of them has a chance to win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

The Lions don't have the ability to stop Servite's passing attack. They don't pass very well themselves, so their defense doesn't have a good passing attack to practice against either. 

The game will come down to whether J Serra's run game will work well enough to open up their passing game, or will Servite's passing attack open up their running game. Or both...or neither.

Servite will win this game 29-21. I would have gone with 31-21 but PATs seem to be a problem for Servite so far this season.

Possible good news for the loser is that maybe they will end up a top seed in Div 2, but it actually looks like even with this loss, they will still be on the road in D1, a division neither one of them has a chance to win.

Assuming it's a close game and both teams sweep OLU/SM, I don't see either Servite or JSerra dropping to D2 thanks to JSerra's wins over Calbasas and Bishop Amat and the relative weakness of the rest of D1.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:01 PM, THEOC89 said:

I have Servite winning a close one.... Neither team looked good last week but you have to give Servite the Edge in QB play....

Sevites QB is young but he looks like he can play and get the Ball to that great receiver... JSerra is really Struggling with the QB position and looks lost.... 

I will say that if JSerra had the Kid at Mission Viejo playing QB they would win this game....

I wonder how he slipped though their Grasp and ended up at MV... I am pretty sure he was the Starter at Santa Margarita last year...

The SJB connection between him and CJ

Peter was a freshman at Bosco when CJ was their OC

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, THEOC89 said:

I have Servite winning a close one.... Neither team looked good last week but you have to give Servite the Edge in QB play....

Sevites QB is young but he looks like he can play and get the Ball to that great receiver... JSerra is really Struggling with the QB position and looks lost.... 

This is a thirty yard completion from QB Fifita to WR Avinger thrown in the face of a six man rush. It was 3rd and 6 from the 44 in the 4th quarter, and led to Fifita's 8yd TD pass to T-Mac three plays later on 3rd and 5 against a 5 man rush. 

Not sure what the announcer is smoking...He makes it sound like it was in the first half.

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, Cal 14 said:

1.  Mater Dei

2.  St. John Bosco

3.  De La Salle

4.  Corona Centennial

5.  Mission Viejo

6.  Folsom

7.  Helix

8.  JSerra

9.  Narbonne

10. Fresno Central

I like your list a lot 

I think you have to give SD-CC more credit for having a couple of top 100 wins, including CC but otherwise dead on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Stfu with that shit, y’all playing Granite Bay this week, that’s gotta be the pussiest schedule I’ve seen in a while 

Again Conference opponents... 

Granite Bay

Rocklin 

Grant 

Del Oro 

Oak Ridge 

All those are Folsom conference opponents... 

Tbh I actually like Folsom. I'ma stop letting Fuckboy Franky ruin it for me... I'm just disappointed that Folsom can't go open unless DLS loses or they beat em... 

And since the regional bowl games got killed

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Again Conference opponents... 

Granite Bay

Rocklin 

Grant 

Del Oro 

Oak Ridge 

All those are Folsom conference opponents... 

Tbh I actually like Folsom. I'ma stop letting Fuckboy Franky ruin it for me... I'm just disappointed that Folsom can't go open unless DLS loses or they beat em... 

And since the regional bowl games got killed

That’s gotta be the worst league 

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Out of 175 or so leagues in all of Ca, it is currently the #6 league. It has been rated as high as #2 in recent years. 

All this information is public if you cared to actually look it up instead of eating fast food and stealing copper in the worst state in the US. 

8 hours ago, Pops said:

I like your list a lot 

I think you have to give SD-CC more credit for having a couple of top 100 wins, including CC but otherwise dead on

I don't give all that much credence to the Saguaro win, though.  If you look at SHS's schedule, it doesn't scream national top 100 to me.  In fact, if you look at the "trend" page on Calpreps for them, they don't even have enough games of significance yet to even generate a trend.  None of their last 3 games will likely have enough significance, either.

That said, the credit for which I think you're looking is actually represented in where I've placed Helix. 

We'll find out more about Cathedral Catholic this week when they play St. Augustine, who gave Helix a tough game.  If the Dons blow them out, then that spot where I put Helix could be thought of as a placeholder for whomever wins the SDS title.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I know you're used to having an amazing league but unfortunately alot of leagues are like this. At the very least Folsoms league is decent. 

Cen10s league is freaking terrible... 

Hoover is a good team with only 2 other competitive team in their league in Oak Mountain and Thompson. Then the rest aren't good... Like when you got mad about them playing Tuscaloosa county that's a league opponent. 

Grayson is the same Archer is the only other competitive team in their region. 

Alot of top teams like that... 

• Like 1